Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:20:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Mail in next patch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mail in next patch  (Read 15325 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: February 21, 2008, 11:35:04 PM

I just looked at the next patch and they are finally adding in game mail for items.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:29:16 AM

I just looked at the next patch and they are finally adding in game mail for items.

I should probably assume, "For Subscription Accounts Only?"
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 11:57:46 AM

I should probably assume, "For Subscription Accounts Only?"

Don't be silly, they've kind of shown that subscribers don't deserve exclusive features :P
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 06:16:43 PM

I read the subject line as Flagship "mailing in" the next patch...at this stage, who cares.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 11:02:58 PM

Wow, lots of changes going into the next patch, and possibly the biggest Nerf to Marksmen (MM) who went the rapid fire with passives route.  But they are making the grenades and strikes supposedly viable.  I play an impaired drunken drone herder...err...engineer so I might have some new tools to play with, but I'm not holding my breath.  The next patch sounds like mostly stuff for all people, mail and balance issues.

1.2 went live on the test center today @ 4pm.

If the game had gone live with all this stuff they have planned:
From Scapes on the main board, "Perhaps the most sought-after information that Hellgaters are most interested in on our forums is insight into the future of Hellgate: London. After a great first day at the Games Developer Conference, we'd like to offer a kingly scoop on this very topic. And so, without further ado, we lift the curtain and reveal our plans for the next three Hellgate: London updates. Note that while the bullets outline the contents of each patch, they are actively being worked on and will have more thorough patch notes upon release.

Patch 1.2
In-game mail with the ability to attach items.
Marksman skill adjustments.
Many bug fixes.
Previously known only for its sweeping changes to the Marksman class, Patch 1.2 will add in-game mail, a hotly desired feature. Additionally, a great many bugs are addressed in this build, many of them reported by the community.

Patch 1.3
New functional pets.
Warp to any player in buddy list.
Emotes.
Text bubbles over character heads.
Display party member level and class.
Inspect other player's equipment.
Link items into the chat.
Split stacked items.
This patch will introduce a host of features designed to enhance the Hellgate experience. Not only will you now be able to check out your teammates' armor and weapons, items will be able to be "linked" into the chat window, allowing other players to see their statistics with ease. Emotes will provide new depth to interacting with your fellow Hellgaters as will text bubbles. All in all, Patch 1.3 offers a bevy of new features.

"The Abyss Chronicles" (Patch 2)
Group PvP, PvP games, and PvP ranking.
The Abyss "endless" dungeon.
Big Ben/Parliament Square adventure area.
Three new base monster types.
Five new bosses.
New skills for all classes.
New high end armor for all factions.
New weapons for all factions.
Consignment house.
Shared stash.
Instance switching.
Our biggest major content update yet (well, until the next Chronicle). Sizable additions to the PvP department, seriously unique skills for all classes, new armor and weapons for all factions, new monster types, new bosses... Oh, and then there's the consignment house and shared stash. Big? This content update is HUGE. Now for some glimpses at the sights to be seen when you enter... The Abyss Chronicles!
"

Might have been a better start if they had waited 6 months and got it off to a better start with most of this in.

--edited due to sucky spelling on my part
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 07:34:22 AM by Jimbo »
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 06:49:27 AM

They'll probably do a huge marketing campain after patch 2.

It's really a shame they were not able to get funding for and other 6 months.  At some point, publisher will have to stick to end instead of funding 3 failed underdeveloped games.  What's the point of trying the pierce the airplane market by releasing 5 models that can't fly?
Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 07:22:23 AM

They'll probably do a huge marketing campain after patch 2.

Wouldn't be surprised by this.  Their prime time server numbers are pretty abysmal and only a portion of those are subscribers.

I can see myself resubbing to HG:L once every 8-10 months, for a month,  to check things out. 

The only way I'd sub for anything length of time would be if they gave you both Mythos and HG:L for $9.95/mo.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 07:30:04 AM

Any words on the server numbers?  I'm curious about this.  2k per servers or less?
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 03:08:46 PM

Any words on the server numbers?  I'm curious about this.  2k per servers or less?
Right now on US server is 2071.  Pretty bad for a Saturday evening if you ask me.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 09:18:38 AM

Wow, lots of changes going into the next patch, and possibly the biggest Nerf to Marksmen (MM) who went the rapid fire with passives route.  But they are making the grenades and strikes supposedly viable.  I play an impaired drunken drone herder...err...engineer so I might have some new tools to play with, but I'm not holding my breath.  The next patch sounds like mostly stuff for all people, mail and balance issues.

1.2 went live on the test center today @ 4pm.

If the game had gone live with all this stuff they have planned:
From Scapes on the main board, "Perhaps the most sought-after information that Hellgaters are most interested in on our forums is insight into the future of Hellgate: London. After a great first day at the Games Developer Conference, we'd like to offer a kingly scoop on this very topic. And so, without further ado, we lift the curtain and reveal our plans for the next three Hellgate: London updates. Note that while the bullets outline the contents of each patch, they are actively being worked on and will have more thorough patch notes upon release.

Patch 1.2
In-game mail with the ability to attach items.
Marksman skill adjustments.
Many bug fixes.
Previously known only for its sweeping changes to the Marksman class, Patch 1.2 will add in-game mail, a hotly desired feature. Additionally, a great many bugs are addressed in this build, many of them reported by the community.

Patch 1.3
New functional pets.
Warp to any player in buddy list.
Emotes.
Text bubbles over character heads.
Display party member level and class.
Inspect other player's equipment.
Link items into the chat.
Split stacked items.
This patch will introduce a host of features designed to enhance the Hellgate experience. Not only will you now be able to check out your teammates' armor and weapons, items will be able to be "linked" into the chat window, allowing other players to see their statistics with ease. Emotes will provide new depth to interacting with your fellow Hellgaters as will text bubbles. All in all, Patch 1.3 offers a bevy of new features.

"The Abyss Chronicles" (Patch 2)
Group PvP, PvP games, and PvP ranking.
The Abyss "endless" dungeon.
Big Ben/Parliament Square adventure area.
Three new base monster types.
Five new bosses.
New skills for all classes.
New high end armor for all factions.
New weapons for all factions.
Consignment house.
Shared stash.
Instance switching.
Our biggest major content update yet (well, until the next Chronicle). Sizable additions to the PvP department, seriously unique skills for all classes, new armor and weapons for all factions, new monster types, new bosses... Oh, and then there's the consignment house and shared stash. Big? This content update is HUGE. Now for some glimpses at the sights to be seen when you enter... The Abyss Chronicles!
"

Might have been a better start if they had waited 6 months and got it off to a better start with most of this in.

--edited due to sucky spelling on my part

Still no desire to pay money for a subscription.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 07:07:53 AM

If they actually got all that in and it worked, I'd give a subscription a serious look.  However, I have no faith that they will do any of this correctly in a timely manner.

I'm not interested in paying to be a tester for them anymore.

Wake me when it is implemented and works.
Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 03:50:10 AM

Looks like pets and lootable dye kits are going into the next patch which is now on the test server.   

Stonehenge

Moloch

* The Necro Fall zone has an increased monster spawn density of approximately 25% and the monsters are now 2 levels higher than before.
    * Moloch has been further increased in difficulty, as well as being more resistant to Ignite and Ignite Damage. Be sure you’re well prepared before attempting to defeat him in Hardcore Elite Mode!
    * Moloch drops the following additional, extra-rare loot for “head-holders” only:
          o 1% chance to drop a Respec Attribute Token. This item allows a character to “zero out” all points put into attributes (Accuracy, Strength, Stamina, and Willpower) and freely reassign them. These tokens are tradable.
          o 5% chance to drop one of a new class of dye kits that have intrinsic properties. These properties scale with the level of the item, so one gained from Moloch at level 50 will be better than one gained from Moloch at level 30. These dye kits are tradable. In order of least rare to most rare:
                + Earth Core Dye Kit: Health regeneration
                + Dark Vengeance Dye Kit: + to luck
                + Indigo Fire Dye Kit: Electricity “thorns damage” effect
                + Copper Sky Dye Kit: + to all Elemental special effect defense
                + Ivory Haze Dye Kit: + to Shields
                + Vanquish Dye Kit: +1 level of Sprint skill (this does not scale)
                + Cold Steel Dye Kit: + to Armor
                + Black Knight Dye Kit: + to all attributes

The Wild

* The Wild zone has a 20% higher monster spawn.
    * The Foreboding Wild zone has a 30% higher monster spawn.
    * The Deepest Wild zone has a 40% higher monster spawn.
    * Even more champion monsters can be found in all the Wild zones
    * Champion monsters in all Wild zones have a 1-in-250 chance to drop one of six new, Unique weapons. These weapons scale with the level of the champion dropping the weapon. These weapons are tradable.
          o Convulsor – a Sniper Rifle
          o The Exterminator – a Heavy Rifle
          o Novastorm – a Nova Gun
          o The Unyielding Moon – a Sword
          o Slipnaught – a Focus Item
          o Alucard’s Continuum – a Dart Pistol
    * A new boss monster, The Desiccator, has a 25% chance of appearing in The Deepest Wild zone. He should be extremely hard to kill, particularly solo or in small parties. As his health constantly regenerates, there is no guarantee a party will ever be able to kill him.
    * When defeated, The Desiccator has a 20% chance to drop a “Mysterious Egg.”
    * When placed in the Transmogrifying Cube, a Mysterious Egg will hatch into one of three new “pets with abilities”. These new pets and the Mysterious Egg are not tradable. These pets are:
          o Nautilus – occasionally heals all friends in range
          o Revenant – occasionally fires a spectral missile at enemies
          o Heap Raptor – breaks all those pesky crates for you

General Stonehenge Updates

* Essences or Caste General Heads gathered in Normal and Nightmare difficulties may now be used in either difficulty setting.
    * Players may no longer exploit the essence pedestals via trading.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Mail in next patch  
Jump to: