Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:35:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Fixes EQ2 still needs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fixes EQ2 still needs  (Read 6813 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: February 21, 2008, 07:49:29 PM

One thing really annoys me about EQ2, there are several spells for some classes that don't upgrade. Once the mobs grey you have to mentor to get them and some of the drop rates stink, some of these are very wanted/needed abilities. (Tsunami and Tranquil Vision for Monks, Intercede for all tanks, Rescue for all tanks, there are also some brigand spells that do the same.) With the level cap continuing higher, it's getting really rare for level appropriate groups to do some of the zones these drops in (Poets's Palace). There should be alternate level 80 sources for these.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 05:54:12 AM

I don't know much about any of the spells you have listed but is the Master level that game-breakingly different from the Adept 3 version?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 05:58:19 AM

Sounds like a smart businessman could clean up by level-locking and farming that stuff. As you mention, though, you can at least mentor down and do it later.

I didn't know my wizard had a much-needed non-dot nuke (lvl 45 drop, icy flames or something) until he was in his mid-50s, it's been grey for a while now, guess I should find out if there's an upgrade.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 07:01:03 AM

I am confused to what the problem is - the availability of adept 1/master spells at lower levels?

I have never seen a problem on my server with availability of any spell via the broker (although you may pay through the ass for it).  If it's not on the broker, get a sage/jeweller/alchemist to make an adept III version.  Problem solved.

Getting groups for level appropriate zones such as Poet's Palace?  Yeah, definitely...but not an issue exclusive to EQ2.  The sheer amount of content available is a blessing/curse.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 07:48:15 AM

There are a few spells/abilities that are drop only and not craftable.  However, in my play I never was unable to find one on a vendor or hit up a few guildies to go camp it.

As far as Master I vs. Adept III goes, if it's a spell that has an upgrade then adept III is usually fine but if that's the last one you get or it's a critical skill then the 10% or so improvement is completely worth it.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 08:05:23 AM

There are a few spells/abilities that are drop only and not craftable.  However, in my play I never was unable to find one on a vendor or hit up a few guildies to go camp it.

Which spells are not craftable? The only one that comes to mind are the Splitpaw ones, other than that I can't think of any off hand - even the bloodline ones are craftable.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 09:38:35 AM

Is this about the "Ancient Teachings", or whatever they are called, that drop in the Mines of Meldrath?  I was under the impression that they were going to add upgrades in RoK.  Guess not?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 11:32:53 AM

Btw my wizard is level 60 and available for mentoring for phat lewtzorz.

awesome, for real

Is there a place that lists spells that aren't normally gained? Hell, I didn't know we stopped getting free upgrades at 50, heh.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 11:49:23 AM

Check your class page on eq2.wikia.com.  They should have indicators for each spell, which is available when/where, all that.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 12:26:44 PM

Ah, shoulda known. Only decent t6 one looks like numbing cold, the rest have dots on 'em. Dots bad. Root good. Need to find that one and glacialflame. Or craft 'em. Rambling now.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 09:20:52 PM

Regardless, if it is a level 50 ability that doesn't upgrade from 70-80 it sucks that you can't get it without mentoring or paying someone to get it. You can say, it helps the economy, but if it drops from an instance that no one does, it only benefits people who farm that zone or instance with the intent to sell it to people that can no longer get it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Fixes EQ2 still needs  
Jump to: