Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:32:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Magic the Gathering is coming to XBox 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Magic the Gathering is coming to XBox  (Read 4669 times)
naum
Terracotta Army

on: February 19, 2008, 06:09:36 AM

http://ww2.wizards.com/Company/Press/?doc=20080218

Not much detail forthcoming in the announcement however…

Specific details on the games Stainless Games and Mind Control will develop using the Magic: The Gathering IP will be announced at a later date.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 07:08:20 AM

Shouldn't they....ya know....get it to work on the PC first?  ACK!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 09:14:05 AM

I get the impression that this is going to be a stupid not-m:tg game, based on the incorrect idea that m:tg has some worthwhile lore that makes it an attractive setting for a game that isn't m:tg.

The announcement includes a PC port of whatever nonsense emerges from this project.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 02:36:35 PM

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to have a PC port with MTGO is for the PC. Expect something like the old PC game I guess...

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

http://ww2.wizards.com/Company/Press/?doc=20080218

Not much detail forthcoming in the announcement however…

That link wasnt working for me.  Try this one

One the one hand, being able to play a version of MODO on the Xbox live just makes sense, but i suspect they will make it seperate enought from the current online version to be an MS exclusive.

I would be shocked if the game Mind Control is working on for the PC and Mac is my long desired MMORPG ala MtG I have been agitating for, but a man can dream can't he?

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Magic the Gathering is coming to XBox  
Jump to: