Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:16:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Classes to test? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Classes to test?  (Read 5948 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

on: October 14, 2004, 06:41:59 PM

Was just wondering what everyone was playing so that I might make a decision to test something that others have not.

Otherwise I will end up as a Pirate.

Unless that's been played out, then I will try a Summoner, or whatever equivalent has little pets I can name Wiggles and Snoochie
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 07:06:27 PM

There is a sticky to list your characters and stuff and I've done that.  I've also made a Qeynos mage gnome named Stoner because she looks like one.  I've used her for crafty mostly and, with the outrageous new xp you get for crafting in early stages, she's already level 7 artisan (in just a few hours).  I think I'll do the same with my main in Freeport now.  I'm starting a rat-girl pirate in Freeport tonight so I can be your captain.  Let me know your name so I can order you about.  Her name is Bratworst.  Capt'n Bratworst to you.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 07:16:21 PM

That sticky doesn't look very updated from what I've read elsewhere.

All I know right now (10 hours to go) is that I will make a character in Freeport.

Either a mage or a scout I suppose.

As a side: I don't know much about this game, and will whine profusely when I get confused. Promise.

Cap't Bratworst huh?  Safe to assume that a name filter isn't quite in?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 07:42:42 PM

Do I detect a name mocking tone of voice, MISTER HAT?

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 10:44:25 PM

Qeynos only: monk, paladin, templar, mystic, conjuror, illusionist, swashbuckler, ranger
Freeport only: bruiser, shadowknight, inquisitor, defiler, necromancer, coercer, brigand, assassin
Both cities: guardian, berserker, warden, fury, wizard, warlock, troubador, dirge

Balls.

Looks like Swashbuckler and Monk are both Goodie Tooshoes classes.  This bothers me.  What will I make now?
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 05:02:33 AM

mmm, scouts -> predator -> BRIGAND. YARRRR!

A pirate's life for me.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 06:06:34 AM

I believe, but am not entirely sure, that you make your scout character intended to be a Swashbuckler  in Qeynos and can do a 'betrayer' type quest later on to adjust your alignment.  I'll try and find out for sure.

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 06:21:28 AM

I have really read up on nothing about this game, and I intend to keep it that way.  I want to go in virginal without any preconceived notions about the game.  More than likely I'll go melee, as that's just the kind of characters I usually make.

That said, I doubt that this game will be able to shake me away from CoH.  I'm still absolutely that game's bitch.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 07:07:28 AM

No, sorry... it seems the betrayal quest isn't intended to do what I implied above.  You can't be an evil swashbuckler or a good brigand, though there is not a lot of difference between them other than the lore.  No fancy pants and womanizing for you, Mister Hat... though a brigand, in respect to a highwayman-like character, isn't so bad, is it?  You can still brag a lot and wear gay clothing on your days off, no?

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 08:22:48 AM

Quote from: Signe
No, sorry... it seems the betrayal quest isn't intended to do what I implied above.  You can't be an evil swashbuckler or a good brigand, though there is not a lot of difference between them other than the lore.  No fancy pants and womanizing for you, Mister Hat... though a brigand, in respect to a highwayman-like character, isn't so bad, is it?  You can still brag a lot and wear gay clothing on your days off, no?

Eh, Swashbuckler just seems heroic.

Brigand is so..plain.  You always see groups of brigands running around pillaging and raping and the such.  But you only ever see one Swashbuckler.

Boo.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 08:29:11 AM

Evil people don't make good swashbucklers. You have to be a pansy ass fairy to be a swashbuckler. I mean, yea, it's a pretty idea - but look at Raphael in Soul Caliber. You don't want to be him do you?

I don't want to be a brigand either actually. I want something more....exotic. Like Gambler, Treasure Hunter, Oppurtunist, or even....Pirate.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 08:35:35 AM

Quote from: schild
Evil people don't make good swashbucklers. You have to be a pansy ass fairy to be a swashbuckler. I mean, yea, it's a pretty idea - but look at Raphael in Soul Caliber. You don't want to be him do you?

I don't want to be a brigand either actually. I want something more....exotic. Like Gambler, Treasure Hunter, Oppurtunist, or even....Pirate.

Pirate.  Arggggh.

I'm assuming beta server 2, is this incorrect?
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 08:43:27 AM

I'm on beta 1.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 08:58:04 AM

Quote from: schild
I'm on beta 1.

well shit

Just started Candi the Soon to be Summoner on Beta 2.

Why do all the Half Elf chicks look like drunk sorority girls?
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: October 15, 2004, 09:02:26 AM

Don't you mean, why do half drunk sorority chicks look like half-elves?

Sorry. I couldn't help it.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 15, 2004, 09:12:33 AM

Good Point.

Should I roll onto the Beta 1 server then?

Edit: Rerolled Candi the Drunk Chick to Beta 1

Double Edit:  Inspired, I created an Ogre Fighter named Fizzik.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Classes to test?  
Jump to: