Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:54:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Burning Region  |  Topic: End(ers) Game 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: End(ers) Game  (Read 22448 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

on: February 12, 2008, 11:23:57 AM

We gonna arena?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 11:30:19 AM

I don't have much interest in such contrived pvp, but I'll do it if someone feels that having a shammy would be beneficial.  Personally, I'd prefer world/BG pvp.

Really, anything that gets me out of grinding faction is a good thing. 

Edit: I recently respecced to THIS SPEC until we start doing heroic dungeons regularly.  I kind of like it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 11:40:34 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 12:04:50 PM

I don't have much interest in such contrived pvp, but I'll do it if someone feels that having a shammy would be beneficial.  Personally, I'd prefer world/BG pvp.

Really, anything that gets me out of grinding faction is a good thing. 

Edit: I recently respecced to THIS SPEC until we start doing heroic dungeons regularly.  I kind of like it.

Good for you.  I played 31/0/30 for a long time, but used a more PVP oriented spec.  You can actually solo and do stuff now.  Earth shield is a loss, but it's acceptable.

I'm totally for hitting up some BG's, but I would like to get some ARENAFTL games in w/ you and righ so I can start getting my free loots early.  Also, who knows, maybe we'll lightning bolt/icy veins/bloodlust/frost bolt/shatter/ice lance a win.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 12:08:44 PM

I'll probably respec to full Resto when we get more serious about stuff, but for now this allows me to farm faction/skins with almost no downtime. 

I'm willing to try arenas, but will likely suck until I get a better handle on the pvp mechanics.  I also refuse to do arena without some type of voice communication.  Typing in pvp sucks.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 12:12:05 PM

I'll probably respec to full Resto when we get more serious about stuff, but for now this allows me to farm faction/skins with almost no downtime. 

I'm willing to try arenas, but will likely suck until I get a better handle on the pvp mechanics.  I also refuse to do arena without some type of voice communication.  Typing in pvp sucks.

Lets do it, if I get home before 10pm tonight (I get truley epic bouts of procrastination that come back to stab me in the face), I'll go out to radio shack and buy a mic.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 12:18:35 PM

I'm heading on another trip Wed and Thursday, so tonight may not be great for me.  I'll be afk a lot doing laundry, ironing, and stuff.  Maybe this weekend or next week.

-  Mark Twain
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 12:30:00 PM

Sounds good.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 04:24:02 PM

Regarding battle grounds.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to gear up (or at least collect honor and tokens) in the 69 tier before moving on to 70 ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 04:40:41 PM

Bit late for Nebu and I. Would prefer the rest of you scrubs to get to 70 so we can get through the dungeons, onto heroics and buy some loot from tokens at the same time as doing BGs/Arenas. :)

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 08:24:33 PM

Bit late for Nebu and I. Would prefer the rest of you scrubs to get to 70 so we can get through the dungeons, onto heroics and buy some loot from tokens at the same time as doing BGs/Arenas. :)

I am "grinding" levels out, even as we speak.  Should be at 60 by the end of this week/weekend.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 09:11:13 PM

Wouldn't it be a good idea to gear up (or at least collect honor and tokens) in the 69 tier before moving on to 70 ?

Was pretty sure you get more honor points in the 70's bracket.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 09:06:59 AM

I'm pretty sure you're right, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes.  The big killer would probably be that the 60-69 tier is going to  have fewer games running, because there will be fewer folks in that bracket.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 09:41:40 AM

I'm pretty sure you're right, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes.  The big killer would probably be that the 60-69 tier is going to  have fewer games running, because there will be fewer folks in that bracket.

Yup. There's tons less games.  BUT, they're fun because no premades and no endgame items.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 03:04:57 PM

So, do we have something going here, yet?  A bunch of guildies are in the high fifties / low sixties range, and I'm wondering if I should be doing anything to prepare or something (like, if we're going to be running Heroics, should I be hunting down tanking gear, or respeccing Protection, or anything).

I wouldn't mind doing arenas, but I will undoubtedly drag my team's arena score so low that it passes into the realm of abstract ideas so that the game can use numbers denoting non-quantities, so if you're in any way focused on winning, don't invite me.  But it does sound like a good way to get good gear, and Lord knows I need it.

BGs I suppose might be neat to run as a group, but again, I suck, and the main way I'm going to get better is (according to my teammates in AV) to get better gear, and Arenas give better gear than BGs.  Plus, you don't need a group to run a BG, while you do need one to run an Arena match, so I'm not super hung up about getting together for BGs.

Instances or whatever might be fun to run, especially if we've got guys just coming in to Outland, who could really benefit from a run through Ramparts or Slave Pens.  I know there's a bunch of instances I haven't even seen, which I wouldn't mind doing.

Raids I don't think we have the numbers or the gear for.  Maybe later, if there's interest and we're all decked out in sparkly armor.

Either way, I'm not seeing a lot of our seventies online these days.  I know that I personally only log on to run a few BGs, and do the daily BG quest, so that I can get my Wepics, so I'm not on for very long (I can't take many runs of AV before I go crosseyed).  If we are planning on doing something together, maybe we ought to have some sort of meeting time or something?  Some day of the week where anyone with nothing better to do can log on and we can do something?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:06:42 PM by Kail »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 10:21:34 PM

I've been in Hawaii for the last 4 days in a hotel with... get this... no internet connection.  Beyond that I only really log on for 5 mins to see if anyone wants to do something.  Beyond that, I'm not really playing much anymore.  I'll be happy to be a heal bot if we have enough for a group, but beyond that my interest in playing is about dead.

-  Mark Twain
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 03:11:00 AM

3 Term papers to write in the next 4 weeks.  awesome, for real I did not even notice my supsription ran out. ACK!

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 04:55:45 AM

I took a small break from my mage to let some peeps catch up to 70.

I would love to run some Arenas with you kail, even getting 1-200 points a week is better than none.  I'll typically log in to play 20-30 mins or so (daily BG).  I'm 69.5 on my rogue on a different server (Tichondrius w/ a few RL friends) once he hits 70, I'll probably come back to my paladin a bit.  Basically have the mage sorta shelved except for the occasional BG and now, maybe arena.  Got tired of PUGs for instances.

I'm on steam all the time (mrhat_cs Steam ID), please give me a message if you need 1 more for an instance or something.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 07:56:30 AM

The other half keeps wanting to play Alliance lately, so that's where my time has gone.  She hates PvP servers and gankage, so getting her to come over hasn't been too easy.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 11:52:21 AM

The other half keeps wanting to play Alliance lately, so that's where my time has gone.  She hates PvP servers and gankage, so getting her to come over hasn't been too easy.

I have not had that many issues with gankage- maybe my skin is a bit thicker.  I usually just move onto another area when it happens.  Maybe its just me! 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 01:52:51 PM

I have not had that many issues with gankage- maybe my skin is a bit thicker.  I usually just move onto another area when it happens.  Maybe its just me! 
You play a rogue though, much easier to avoid gankage as a rogue =P
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 02:48:47 PM

You play a rogue though, much easier to avoid gankage as a rogue =P

Druids don't have many prolems, either.  We need more druids.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 10:18:46 AM

You sound like a ganker to me!  Cheater rogue.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 10:20:55 AM

Are any of you guys keyed for Kara?

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 10:21:06 AM

I have been playing less the last couple of weeks because my life is interfering with my playing too much!  I'm not playing elsewhere much (a daily bg on Korgath every few days), just busy!

Hope to be on a little more soon.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 11:18:01 AM

Yup.

Why?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:33:07 AM by MrHat »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 11:19:09 AM

Would you laugh if I said I didn't even know what you were asking?  I don't have a key for Kara nor do I know how to get a key for Kara. 

-  Mark Twain
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 11:34:04 AM

Would you laugh if I said I didn't even know what you were asking?  I don't have a key for Kara nor do I know how to get a key for Kara. 

Big raid instance (10man) that has become the UBRS of TBC.  Basically, you have to get keyed for it by starting a quest line that involves doing a few instances.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 11:48:29 AM

Big raid instance (10man) that has become the UBRS of TBC. 

I see... it's the thing that gives you the stuff for that one place.  WTF is a UBRS?  (I'm assuming TBC = The Burning Crusade)

-  Mark Twain
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 12:20:56 PM

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=17613

If you go talk w/ that NPC you'll start a long line of quests that take you through some solo parts (first few) to exclusively outland instance parts, with the final result being that you can now join groups going into the 10 man raid instance known as "Karazhan".  UBRS (upper blackrock spire) was a 15 man (now 10 man) instance in pre-burning crusade WoW that used to be hard, got easier as people got geared and Blizzard lowered the pain.  Eventually, it because PUG territory where you would regularlly see: "LF HEALERS UBRS".  Same thing has happened w/ Kara, it was the first TBC raid that people hit, got easier as people got geared and blizzard lowered the pain, and now is firmly in PUG territory.

The main and lasting difference is when you do a Kara raid, you are locked to that particular raid for a week.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 01:31:04 PM

I'm not keyed either; maybe that'll be something to do.  But that's a lot of instances:

If I'm reading this right, you need to run Steamvaults, Shadow Labarynth, Black Morass, and Arcatraz to get cleared for Karazhan.  But, to get to Shadow Labarynth, you'll need a key which drops from the last boss of Sethekk Halls.  To get to Black Morass, you also need to have run Old Hillsbrad if you haven't already.  To get to Arcatraz, you're going to need a flying mount, and you're also need a key for that instance, which is obtained by running a fairly long quest line and then running both Mechanar and Botanica.

There is no way in hell I'm pugging that.

In 2.4, you apparently won't need the key at all (one person in the raid will, to unlock the door, but everyone else can just walk through), but I believe you still get a title from completing the quest line (like they did for Tempest Keep).
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 01:44:32 PM

OHB and BM are two of the easiest instances in the game and only really the worst of the worst PUGs will have any problem with it.

And for those of you with stealth.. the SV key can be stealthed to rather easily.

SLabs can be a pain if you're with a bunch of bad or severely undergeared players.  Of course, in any case, a group can clear to the key and invite someone in to loot it.  That's how some folks my guild got their key.  Just ask whenever someone's doing Arc or SLabs.   Keys to get into Arc and SLabs are not needed as someone can just let you in. 

I'm pretty sure completing these quests allow you to get the faction rings from Kara and the one trinket quest.

So, instances you have to run.  SLabs then Arc/SV (in any order) then OHB (for BM) and BM (to make the key).

-Rasix
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #31 on: March 05, 2008, 02:06:18 PM

Incidentally, I soloed the Steamvaults part on my mage by judicious use of invisibilty.  The jug it's in is literally two invis runs from the entrance, and the guardian is soloable if you use cooldowns.

I'm pretty sure a rogue or druid can do it too.

Arc is pretty far in though; you might as well run the instance.  The end event is pretty cool.

Witty banter not included.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 05:49:32 AM

I was asking because our guild on The venture co  (The old cabal) has about 7 or 8 level 70's they are keyed to kara and we are often looking for pugs to fill the gaps.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 06:29:06 AM

Ask me if I'm on, "Gasm" supersexy mage.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #34 on: March 06, 2008, 01:49:03 PM

MOOGASM!

((I hate overtime. Will be back on Saturday))

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Burning Region  |  Topic: End(ers) Game  
Jump to: