Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:03:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Orange Box/Source SDK 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Orange Box/Source SDK  (Read 2939 times)
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

on: February 06, 2008, 10:41:27 PM

So we got the Orange Box today, and I downloaded the SDK. I figure I'll tinker with some modding and see what happens.

So question time. The editors do not seem to support the Orange Box version of HL2. Will it be supported? Is it supported but just not documented?

Whazzup?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Obo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:18:27 PM

I had HL2 before the OB, but the SDK shows HL2, Ep1 & Ep2 as options for me to choose from in the main SDK window (the 'Current Game' drop down).
If HL2 is installed on the machine and it isn't showing up on the list, try right-clicking on the SDK listing in the Steam Tools tab, select the Local Files tab and then the 'Verify integrity of tool cache' option. Then restart Steam after it's done.
Apart from that, sometimes all the available games don't show up for me for some reason. But I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't documented either.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 12:44:04 PM

Will try this when I get home from work tonight. Thx.  smiley

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Orange Box/Source SDK  
Jump to: