Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:48:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Pirates of the Burning Sea  |  Topic: No trading between alts? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No trading between alts?  (Read 18005 times)
ShenMolo
Terracotta Army

on: January 29, 2008, 03:48:47 AM

Is there something I am missing or can we not trade money & items between alts without an intermediary or auction house gimmicks?
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 04:39:03 AM

You're not missing anything
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 07:56:03 AM

Yeah, it's kinda silly.  I'm gonna go ahead and predict it won't last.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:33:36 AM

There is just no good reason not to allow it, so I am guessing that it will eventually be implemented. Now that the game is out, and stable, there are some definite improvements that need to be made. This is one of them. Unfucking the UI should be project #1, however. It is just SO bad.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 02:17:51 PM

BTW there is a lengthy discussion of this on the official boards. The fanboys who think it is cheating make me weep.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 03:24:07 PM

What makes me really chuckle out loud is when people start saying things like, "WHY DO YOU ALL WANT TO MAKE THIS A WOW CLONE."  Not only because it's a bit of an overreaction to claim that being able to share items between alts makes something a "WoW clone," but also because the idea of calling POTBS, or any future version of it, a WoW clone (or EQ clone, etc) is pretty hilarious.  I mean... uh... I don't even know where to begin with that.

Oh, I've also noticed that many of the particularly rabid fools are names I recognize from my more masochistic days of reading silky venom and the like during vanguard's launch.  It must be interesting to be those dudes.
Hellinar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 09:55:49 AM

I dunno. Seems to me forcing alts to trade through the AH or intermediaries would increase AH and character to character trade. Which is something the economy designer probably wants to do.

Whether it will last is another question. When it comes to a contest between a robust economy and player convenience, player convenience usually wins.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 10:55:08 AM

What's wrong with the UI.  Seems pretty basic.  Only thing I'd change is everything about the chatlog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 12:02:06 PM

The UI is a clusterfuck. The Social page is probably the worst- text is hard to read, can't sort users, can't tell what class/level everyone is, etc. Very basic stuff that has been in every major MMOG for years.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 12:07:50 PM

Ah, I havn't tinkered with any of those panels yet.  Havn't used any of the AHs or socials screens yet.
WayAbvPar

Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 12:19:54 PM

They are functional, but certainly not intuitive or easy to use. Or attractive  ACK!

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 04:28:23 PM

The society panel is the bane of my existance, not only does it suffer severly from all the things WAP said (levels&classes) but the damn window has the smallest damn text, it's scroll bars do not work, and any attempt at changing either society info or Message of the Day information RESETS ANY TIME SOMEONE IN THE SOCIETY CHANGES ZONES. I need to paste in society messages, which is extremely frustrating, and honestly is one the reasons my MOTD is more a message of every 4 days.

I am getting aclimated to the tell and chat options very well, despite it's learning curve, but not being able to filter out economic spam, group loot/roll for items, and the terrible selection of fonts and font sizes (adjusting them either makes them waay too small or waay too huge) makes it less functional than it should be.

Sending tells is easy by double clicking character's names in the chat window, which the gold spammers do quite efficiently, and if you type out a tell to someone you need to add a comma after their name. Replies are using Ctrl-R to cycle through tells, or using Backspace to send to the last person sending a tell.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 07:04:03 AM

I want to be able to right-click on gold spam tells and report/ignore them with one single click. I really liked that in WOW as I'm sure it helped identify spammers when 20 people all reported them at once. Currently I have to get a screen capture and fill out a report. Too much work.  Good luck remembering the spammer's name - ziiiisdfsdfs ydjkfhskdjfh!
ShenMolo
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 07:37:51 AM

There seems to be only 2 flavors of /who:

/who <anything> shows you everyone in your nation, with no details other than location, so looking for 1 person always shows you everyone
/whocount shows you how many of your nationals are online

I think the only way to find out a person's level or career is to ask them or see them in person, even within your own Society.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 02:34:51 AM

What makes me really chuckle out loud is when people start saying things like, "WHY DO YOU ALL WANT TO MAKE THIS A WOW CLONE."  Not only because it's a bit of an overreaction to claim that being able to share items between alts makes something a "WoW clone," but also because the idea of calling POTBS, or any future version of it, a WoW clone (or EQ clone, etc) is pretty hilarious.  I mean... uh... I don't even know where to begin with that.

Oh, I've also noticed that many of the particularly rabid fools are names I recognize from my more masochistic days of reading silky venom and the like during vanguard's launch.  It must be interesting to be those dudes.

Everquest 1 (A SOE Product) had a shared bank, you know, before WoW was released.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 04:10:00 AM

Since we're getting our necroquote on, I'd like to point out that reading SV wasn't masochistic, it was sheer hilarity (in hindsight) watching a bunch of McQuaid dicksuckers romp about how fun "the vision" was.

Oh yeah.  this guy looks legit

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Pirates of the Burning Sea  |  Topic: No trading between alts?  
Jump to: