Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:42:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Afterburner / MWD Questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Afterburner / MWD Questions  (Read 5081 times)
dbltnk
Terracotta Army

on: January 26, 2008, 01:05:42 AM

I'm gonna use a Rifter for tackling. I can sue both MWD and Afterburners. What would you use and why?

Also is there a drawback for using a 10 MN afterburner on a frig instead of a 1 MN one? It gives me _a lot_ more speed. Will it make me easier targettable or something like that?

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 03:22:00 AM

Mwd for tackling because it will give you a lot more speed and you'll want to be fast to put that point on before the target warps away. If you jump into a bubble, you'll wish you had fitted a mwd too :)

A 10mn will fit on a rifter but will probably mean the rest of your setup is seriously gimped to accommodate your oversized ab.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 04:10:55 AM

Agony Unleashed use ABs for frigate swarms, and i think that (I can hear Slayerik choking even now) ABs will be fine if you're not used to using MWDs.  You can keep them on forever with pretty basic skills, no bigger ship can hit you if you orbit right, except missile users, and those missile users will hammer you if your MWD multiplies your sig radius by 5.

So fit what you're happy with: we'll have a bunch of fast tacklers with MWDs, and probably a bunch of AB-using people who can run ewar.  I am bringing fittings for all types.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 05:12:17 AM

Cefte used to make great use of oversized ABs on his sabres for T2 sniper fleet warpin/bubbles back when Goonfleet didn't have any T2 sniping BS of our own (and they were 200mil odd a pop just for modules).  We destroyed a NORAD fleet like that which pretty much broke their back and they stopped showing up in large numbers afterwards.  It's possible but you have to totally gimp yourself in all other respects (no guns, tons of fitting mods, OH GOD MY CAP etc).
dbltnk
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 05:56:04 AM

Ok, the 1 MN Afterburner doesnt fit on my rifter. It only fitted on my Destroeyer, which I'm not gonna use for tackling.

I've decided on this setup:

Rifter
3x Small Nosferatu
1 MN MWD
1 Warp Scrambler
1 Stasis Webifier
3x Capacitor Power Relay

Engage the enemy at 2.000 km/h and orbit him at 5.000 km. Then fire the Nosferatus (ot keep my capacitator full), the webifier and the scrambler and wait for the rest of the fleet to gank him.

Good / Bad / Ugly?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 07:47:05 AM

Endie is right of course, in some circumstances AB is better because it doesn't balloon your sig and take away 25% of your cap.

I just like flying fuckin fast in a minmatar ship....Minny ships are pretty much made to HP/Speed tank, throw an extender in the mids, and maybe a damage control in the lows...then overdrives/nanos for more speed. If you are going fast enough it doesnt matter what your sig radius is, certain guys will not ever hit you because of tracking (same with missiles, but moreso with ceptors than normal frigs)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
dbltnk
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 08:11:20 AM

The problem with the MWD is that I cant orbit my enemies at 5k distance as the ship steeres to slowly and tends to go too far off. Can I improve that somehow?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 08:14:47 AM

Both evasive maneuvering and spaceship operation skills increase your 'agility' which is essentially your yaw/tilt/turn rate.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 08:55:07 AM

That said, if you decide to use an MWD you need to fit a 20km warp disruptor instead of a 5 km war scrambler.

You should just about always fit the disruptor, anyway...

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Afterburner / MWD Questions  
Jump to: