Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:09:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Red vs. Blue 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red vs. Blue  (Read 5744 times)
schild
Administrator

on: October 12, 2004, 06:25:17 PM

So I've watched the first 2 seasons. Let me just say, the new episode for the third season (episode 1) is the best episode they've done. I suggest everyone go download it.....now.
Liquidator
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 07:26:00 PM

What is this?  Is it a TV show?  Movie?  Game?  I'm confused. :(

schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 07:28:50 PM

It's a.....they have a name for it, but it's lame. It's a "cartoon" made with Halo that's been going on for a real real long time.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 08:31:48 PM

It's a sample of 'machinema', for 'machine-assisted cinema'.  Basically, they play games of Halo on the XBox, with one person set up as a 'camera', whose video is recorded.  Then they edit together the voices and video clips to tell stories.

I have the first season DVD, haven't watched any of 2nd season yet.  There were issues with their links initially for 2nd season, so I stopped checking.

They are, however, freekin hilarious.  Some FPS in-jokes, but plenty of other geeky humor as well.  Good stuff.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Liquidator
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 08:36:01 PM

Quote from: Alkiera
It's a sample of 'machinema', for 'machine-assisted cinema'.  Basically, they play games of Halo on the XBox, with one person set up as a 'camera', whose video is recorded.  Then they edit together the voices and video clips to tell stories.

I have the first season DVD, haven't watched any of 2nd season yet.  There were issues with their links initially for 2nd season, so I stopped checking.

They are, however, freekin hilarious.  Some FPS in-jokes, but plenty of other geeky humor as well.  Good stuff.

--
Alkiera

Ahhh ok, I gotcha.  I remember they used to do the same type of thing back in the day with the original Quake - there was some pretty funny stuff being produced with it.  The fact that it was using a game engine made it really enjoyable to watch.  I'll have to go Google for it.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 07:42:36 AM

I've been luvin' RVB for a while now. One of my favorites is the PSA they did about the Internet. Fuck that was funny. They don't appear to have it online anymore though, so I'm glad I saved it on my hard drive at work.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 07:52:12 AM

I thought it was the plasticine animation show they used to show in the afternoons when I was a kid? That was a funny show.;P

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 08:54:41 AM

Quote from: HaemishM
I've been luvin' RVB for a while now. One of my favorites is the PSA they did about the Internet. Fuck that was funny. They don't appear to have it online anymore though, so I'm glad I saved it on my hard drive at work.

Oh god the part about politics was so damn accurate it was chilling.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 09:05:10 AM

Shit this one was great!

POW!

"AH, you camping bitch!"

"It's a legitimate strategy!"

Classic.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 10:44:32 AM

Ok, been hearing references to this for a while so I checked it out last night.  All they had up for public consumption was episodes 12-16 but they were classic.  Anyone know where you can pickup some of the other episodes to watch?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 13, 2004, 12:23:44 PM

Sometimes you guys make me feel like I live in a cave. Without the explanation I would have never had a clue what you were talking about.

I must condemn music and books... they are keeping me out of the pop-culture loop.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 13, 2004, 12:46:12 PM

not sure if they still do it this way, but they used to rotate through their old ones.  One week they have eps 12-16, next week 7-11 or something.

If i had a way to get them to you I have eps 1-26, Ep 28, and PSA 1, 3, and 6 on my HD right now.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 01:12:11 PM

WOOO, My Google Fu is strong today:

RvsB Archive

Thats a complete archive for all eps 1-36. Unfortunately, they dont seem to have any of the PSAs.

That page can also be followed back for a Bigass collection of other Machinima projects.

Edit: I stand corrected, you should be able to find PSA 1, 5 and 6 by typing PSA into their search box and then scrolling down the page.  For some reason the PSA's arent grouped with the regular RvsB Videos.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 13, 2004, 01:25:38 PM

They are going to be doing this with the Sims2 next from what I hear. There's even some kind of contest involved, make your own episode or something

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14 on: October 13, 2004, 01:54:02 PM

Quote from: SurfD
WOOO, My Google Fu is strong today:

RvsB Archive

Thats a complete archive for all eps 1-36. Unfortunately, they dont seem to have any of the PSAs.

That page can also be followed back for a Bigass collection of other Machinima projects.

Edit: I stand corrected, you should be able to find PSA 1, 5 and 6 by typing PSA into their search box and then scrolling down the page.  For some reason the PSA's arent grouped with the regular RvsB Videos.

Sweet. Thanks, SD.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #15 on: October 13, 2004, 10:29:48 PM

Classic.

Second that. Greatest depiction of an online FPS. Ever. They've really picked up the humor and I can see alot of funny shit coming from them having mixed the teams now. Sarge and Caboose are going to be priceless. They were in this episode. They've really ramped up Cabooses lack of intelligence. I love it. He's my favourite character. Sneak negotiations!
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: October 14, 2004, 04:37:06 AM

Quote from: NiX
They've really ramped up Cabooses lack of intelligence. I love it.

"I have to pee again. Though, I don't know why. I just did when we were standing in that creek a minute ago."

Or quite possibly his best line in any episode:

"This is going to be hard. My head is round and that window is square."

Though I'm really a big fan of Sarge. His complete and total lack of anything that could be called "Solid Military Training" just pwns me.
Cosmik
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 14, 2004, 06:04:06 AM

The "Real Life vs The Internet" public service announcement is definately worth the download.

"I like Angelina Jolie! Does anyone else like Angelina Jolie? She's got enormous lips!" - Sarge
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 14, 2004, 07:13:17 AM

Damnit, which PSA is that? I dont have it :(

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: October 14, 2004, 08:00:24 AM

Doh, it's not a PSA. It's called "RVB_NYC2.mov" or something. It was a trailer they did for the 2nd Annual Wild Wild Web show in New York City or something. If you can find it, it's just that funny.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #20 on: October 14, 2004, 08:15:55 PM

http://demandmedia.net/story/2004/8/13/18037/9310

I figured I'd bring the funny to the people.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 17, 2004, 12:56:32 PM

Doh, it's not a PSA. It's called "RVB_NYC2.mov" or something. It was a trailer they did for the 2nd Annual Wild Wild Web show in New York City or something. If you can find it, it's just that funny.

http://files.redvsblue.com/NYC2/RvB_NYC2.mov

Google loves us all.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #22 on: October 19, 2004, 11:22:54 PM

Quote from: Riggswolfe
They are going to be doing this with the Sims2 next from what I hear.

Which is now available here:

http://www.strangerhood.com/archive/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Red vs. Blue  
Jump to: