Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:13:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Burning Region  |  Topic: Nebu: We need promotions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nebu: We need promotions  (Read 22938 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: January 18, 2008, 05:38:21 PM

Please promote Stu, Righ, and myself as high as possible.  Now.  Thanks!    DRILLING AND MANLINESS

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 05:55:53 PM

I think everyone should be promoted as high as possible!
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 05:56:23 PM

No action is needed. Stu, Kail & Righ are already promoted to the fullest extent. :)

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 06:06:57 PM

Shameless power grabbing right before our eyes!

It won't work, I tell you!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 06:23:21 PM

<long drawn-out drama post about Cheddar's power grabbing.>

<inferences about Cheddar's brining in attention whores for sexual favors. Hint inferring it's Mr. Hat's blood elf>

<drama paragraph of consequences.>

<vague hint that equal share in power structure will make this go away>

<stupid img sig>

</end post>
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 07:32:22 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 06:31:06 PM

Wow. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 07:20:01 PM

Heart

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 07:28:40 PM

I think everyone should all be able to make their own titles. Is that possible?  I want to be a Graviton Cleric. Coordinator is just as cool though. :)

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 05:30:54 AM

<long drawn-out drama post about Cheddar's power grabbing.>

<inferences about Cheddar's brining in attention whores for sexual favors. Hint inferring it's Mr. Hat's blood elf>

<drama paragraph of consequences.>

<vague hint that equal share in power structure will make this go away>

<stupid img sig>

</end post>

What about loot distribution? The crooked guild council or the DKP system set up so only the major catasses get loot?

Outfitting the main tank above all others, right until they jump ship for another guild!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 08:16:53 AM

I was just going for general drama.  We don't do instances enough yet to get into loot drama yet!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 11:52:15 AM

As the member with the third highest level, I demand a promotion as well!  Ohhhhh, I see.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 02:29:12 PM

Outfitting the main tank above all others, right until they jump ship for another guild!

Ooh, I like this one!  Can I vote for this one?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 02:46:47 PM

Yet Yet Yet

I feel I didn't say it enough in that last sentence.  swamp poop ACK!

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 07:47:55 AM

When I was given rank in the guild, I made Righ, Stu, and Kail the same rank as I was.  Do I really need to do anything else? 

Is anyone other than Righ over level 60 yet?  I'm not interested in soloing the content from 60-70 a third time.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 08:31:50 AM

When I was given rank in the guild, I made Righ, Stu, and Kail the same rank as I was.  Do I really need to do anything else? 

Is anyone other than Righ over level 60 yet?  I'm not interested in soloing the content from 60-70 a third time.
I should be on the weekend.

Also. Could someone please change the Motd ?

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 08:49:54 AM

Change the MOTD? Its because you've been naughty, haven't you?

Kail is level 59 and in Hellfire Peninsula too.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 10:42:04 AM

Kail is level 59 and in Hellfire Peninsula too.
ACK!

Damm.

The server goes up and I go to sleep. See you later in game. Time to catch up  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 10:43:55 AM

Hell, I was 60 two weeks ago and haven't played since.  Catch up young man!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 10:49:16 AM

Are you done or are you going to play again after your lecture tour?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 10:58:09 AM

I was gone the last two weeks. I'm home this week and gone again the last week of January (ME, VE, NH) and the first week of February (UT, CO, NV). 

To be honest, I'm tired of leveling solo.  I've leveled two toons to 70 entirely solo and I'm pretty burned out on the idea.  If people want to duo or run instances, then I'd be all for it.  Sadly, it just seems that most of us would rather be off doing our own thing.  I've been playing EQ2 on my off nights waiting for more people to get to Hellfire and see if anything changes much.  If it doesn't, I may just give away all my stuff and quit gaming for a while.  Shaman is a decent enough toon, but I'm tired of logging on for a couple hours and getting ganked so often that I can only complete one or two quests.  Having 12 year olds on level 70's dictating my play schedule just hasn't been all that enjoyable. 

-  Mark Twain
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 11:14:45 AM

I love grouping instances and quests, but I'm also a slow leveler. Less time playing the Auction House game is going to speed me up. Damn you and your 400 auctions, Cheddar!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 12:52:33 PM

Well, you know me.  I don't level much because I don't play often.  Everyone's levels were so spread out before but now you and Righ and several others seem to be up there all together now so I would assume it'll be easier to group up, at least for the five man stuff.  You can always play alts on PvE servers to avoid the gankage, no?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 01:11:00 PM

I think that it's really a matter of being sick of playing the game solo.  I've been 1-70 solo... twice.  I really wanted this time to be an enjoyable trip to see instances that I'd missed my first two times through.  Unfortunately, my compulsive personality raced me through content until I arrived at a point where I'm now available as a target to any well-equipped level 70 with a flying mount.  I enjoyed the pvp server aspects in the old world, but it became a new kind of nightmare when I got to Hellfire.  Besides, I always hated the 60-70 grind before... even when I was solo on pve servers.  Making it a bit harder just lengthened an already dull grind.

-  Mark Twain
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 01:19:43 PM

So what level are you?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 01:20:19 PM

I was level 60 when I stopped playing some 2 weeks ago.

-  Mark Twain
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 01:21:29 PM

Cool.

I have a L63 mage that I kinda left off on a different server that I've been meaning to pick up again.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 01:23:50 PM

I'm guessing that Righ is probably 63 or higher.  Kail and Helm should be in that range as well.  If not, soon.

-  Mark Twain
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 01:25:37 PM

Righ is like L67 or some shit.

Stupid Druid.

I'm really enjoying my Paladin atm though.

I have a feeling it might end as soon as I start up the regular horde shit again.

Oof.  Stonetalon - Ashenvale - 1kn - STV - etc.

Joy of Joys.

Cool thing about my mage is I have barely done any questing on him.  Kind of an experiment of mine to level purely through instances.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 01:27:44 PM

If you guys need a shaman, I may start playing again.  I have to confess though that my level of motivation to game has been pretty low lately.  It has made me become well aware that the biggest reason I game is for the social part and not so much for the loot or ding-gratz part. 

-  Mark Twain
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 01:39:01 PM

If you guys need a shaman, I may start playing again.  I have to confess though that my level of motivation to game has been pretty low lately.  It has made me become well aware that the biggest reason I game is for the social part and not so much for the loot or ding-gratz part. 

Heh. I mostly got burnt out of Outland.  Have a few 60+ and it grates on you to do the same shit over.

I totally agree on the social part.  Also a big reason why I'm enjoying this paladin so much.  I <3 f13 guilds. 

Most important thing is fun, if'n yer not having fun.  Stop.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 02:33:49 PM

Unfortunately, my compulsive personality raced me through content until I arrived at a point where I'm now available as a target to any well-equipped level 70 with a flying mount.

I think this is a quite common problem.  I have to fight against it too.  When I was pounding away solo in Fenris Isle as a level 18 warlock and wiping on the boss dude there, my MUST LEVEL NOW voice kept saying to abandon the quest or get someone to help.  Functionally there's no difference between wiping in a raid and wiping on level 20 Mr Thule or whoever, and I enjoy conquering the former.  So I toughed it out and it's a good memory now.

I think it's important when one plays these games to have a goal in mind.  Is it to newb around with some pals?  Is it to get some shiney? Is it to level to 70 as fast as humanly possible?  Craft?  Play the AH? It seems like thinking about it too much, but if you define what your point is, I think you'll have a lot more fun.  Because the game will define your raison d'etre if you don't, and you might find that you don't like it.

Witty banter not included.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 04:23:52 PM

well, I know you leveled quickly, Nebu, but I hope people don't start jumping ship now. I am leveling my Hunter up, but am only level 24. Of course, I work 40+ hours per week and am doing 3 grad courses as well as maintaining some semblance of a social life, so I only get to play a couple days a week. So far I've logged 24 hours /played. Hopefully the catasses with time to level won't get burned out by the time I catch up. Heh. Odds are against me though, it seems.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 05:19:54 PM

Heck I'm almost 41 and have had a ton of fun with the instances we have run.  Just a little longer and we can start doing the higher end content =P
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 12:37:46 AM

I hit level 68 a day ago - that was my big level grind objective - flight. I'm mostly playing this character because I'm hoping that as we get a few folks into a closer spread of ranges we can start doing instances and battlegrounds together. So yeah, I'm hoping you decide to come back and play Nebu. I'll duo up for quests - and I may not be great at PvP, but at the very least two people get attacked a lot less than somebody soloing a mob. Kail hit 60 tonight too. We need heals!

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 05:21:41 AM

We need heals!

I'll give you the 1 gold for your respec  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Burning Region  |  Topic: Nebu: We need promotions  
Jump to: