Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:17:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Lore bits 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lore bits  (Read 2558 times)
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

on: October 10, 2004, 06:51:36 PM

Stuff keeps being seperated from the dying monsters by my weapons. On newbie island for example, I have managed to get various parts of goblins such as their backbones, brains, etcetera. These are labelled as "LORE" items, and the description text suggests that I might better understand the monsters were I to study them. Not having been an EQ player, I'm at a loss as to what to do with these items. Is there some use to which I can put them, and if so, how?

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 09:28:22 AM

These are for what are called mastery quests.

At the main library in each town you can find a person who sells books.  These books are all quests.  They had about 40 each last time I looked, but I hear some have been put as monster drops instead.  Anyway, for 12 silver you can buy books about a certain race.  "Soandso's first zombie" is a little book you can buy and read that will give you a quest to collect all those zombie bits.  There are lots of them, maybe 10 for mastery quests.

Once you read the book you have the quest and then the item works like a part of a collection when you examine it.  Get them all (8-10 parts or so) and you get a new spell/attack that does extra damage but only vs that monster type.  I did the gnoll and the skeleton ones as a predator and now have gnoll mastery attack and skeleton mastery attack.  These are rear/flank attacks that do about 80-140 damage on a hit.  It basically replaces sneak attack when I am fighting this monster type.  Sneak attack does about half the above damage.

I am very happy with my attack and think it is awesome that you can get extra attacks through questing.  I have not completed any masteries with other classes to see what they get.  My priest is one skeleton bit from skelly mastery though.

Oh, another cool thing.  If you are in qeynos you have bookshelves in your room.  You can put those finished books on your bookshelf to read later or just store like trophies or momentos.

Being in qeynos I bought a book for a quest in stormhold, one for blackburrow, and two different books for vermin snye.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 07:50:03 PM

That's pretty cool. I saw a book called "Living among the goblins" on the quartermaster in newbie island, but as it was 16s, I passed. Now I wish I'd bought it (thats about how much cash I had), if only to start a collection.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Lore bits  
Jump to: