Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:48:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Resistance 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Resistance 2  (Read 3076 times)
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

on: January 11, 2008, 07:08:16 PM

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165393

Eight-player co-op campaign?  That seems...excessive.  Still, can't say I'm not excited.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 07:15:26 PM

60 players is even more excessive.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 07:11:14 PM

Well, if they make the maps big enough and go for something closer to a battlefield game than halo deathmatch, then I won't worry about that aspect.  Getting 8 people to play well together through a full campaign online sounds about as easy as getting 8 people to play some D&D without one of those dipshits trying to munchkin things up.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 02:06:58 AM

I think I heard the sound of the Killzone 2 development team shitting their pants in unison when this article came out.  Unless they can get their game out well in advance of Resistance 2, it just became irrelevant.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 12:38:50 PM

Seems like the argument against 8-player co-op is "my friends suck", and while I agree with that sentiment I am also glad we have the opportunity to give it a try.  Beats "this game don't got no co-op" complaints.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 11:09:39 PM

I would agree if I were a normal person, but I'm not normal.  I'm a completion whore and the thought that there's a tasty campaign that would require me to rely on other people to complete is frustrating to me.  FFT for the psp is pissing me off right now for this very reason, because to get the onion knight shit I need to do the multiplayer battles and I know nobody else that has this game.  It doesn't matter that the onion knight is complete ass, I am broken and I need that gear.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 11:14:27 PM

I would agree if I were a normal person, but I'm not normal.  I'm a completion whore and the thought that there's a tasty campaign that would require me to rely on other people to complete is frustrating to me.

It requires 2 people offline or 2-8 players online.  Just because 8 people can play it together doesn't mean you have to go through it with 8 people.  I'm sure you'll be able to find 1 person either online or offline to play that campaign with.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Resistance 2  
Jump to: