Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:56:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Cloverfield 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cloverfield  (Read 58732 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #210 on: November 24, 2008, 08:10:53 AM

The wife and I watched this on DVD a month or two back. It does suffer a little from the transition to little screen, but I still enjoy the shit out of it.

Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: November 24, 2008, 01:56:46 PM

I liked it more on little screen.  mostly b/c i didn't feel the need to vomit.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: December 01, 2008, 08:20:07 AM

Can't remember if I saw this little or big (projector in my, "office"), but I don't remember getting barfy.  I did rather like this movie.  Predictably, my wife did not.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #213 on: December 02, 2008, 10:21:15 AM

I only watched this recently too, really liked it. Girlfriend can't watch more than 20 mins of it before getting motion sickness :/

Watched it this past weekend. I really liked it. Maybe I had low expectations. The camera guy getting eaten was the best part. I almost laughed! I was also glad no one survived. If I was supposed to want the main characters to survive, then the movie failed. I loved it as a spectacle.

I have never played WoW.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #214 on: December 09, 2008, 08:56:33 AM

I to am slow on the uptake, and just finally saw this movie.  Absolutely loved it.  Excellent pacing, awesome action sequences, overall fun story.  Loved pretty much everything about it.  Kept me on edge the entire time I watched it, and had some amazing visuals (like when they get caught in the middle of the regiment of soldiers attacking it with armor support).  And despite a few quibbles (giant monster or no, hard to imagine something with skin tough enough to take a couple of direct hits from 2,000 lb. bombs and apparently not  have a scratch), I actually felt the movie kept itself reasonable and never broke immersion for me.  Going to be one of the few movies I own on DVD.
Watched it this past weekend. I really liked it. Maybe I had low expectations. The camera guy getting eaten was the best part. I almost laughed! I was also glad no one survived. If I was supposed to want the main characters to survive, then the movie failed. I loved it as a spectacle.
Hey, Lily lived!  Which I think she kind of deserved, since her boyfriend got the distinction of being the first one killed.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Cloverfield  
Jump to: