Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 11:19:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Burning Region  |  Topic: Weekly Nooblet Instance Runs? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weekly Nooblet Instance Runs?  (Read 9891 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: January 10, 2008, 07:00:16 PM

So what runs should we be organizing?  Personally, SFK is the ultimate for rogues.  Weigh in on your thoughts so we can plan a bunch!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 07:35:25 PM

I need RFK and SM now, but won't be back until Monday ;-)
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 07:36:40 AM

Personally, SFK is the ultimate for rogues.

Actually, Deadmines is better, but its tricky for young Horde on a PvP server.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 06:04:24 PM

WC has the Armor of the Fang set, which is nice for Druids (which make up a fair portion of our guild).

And there are some nice quest rewards in the Scarlet Monastery if you can find someone to kill the bosses for you (I don't know if I can manage that solo yet; I haven't tried).
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 11:22:28 AM

WC has the Armor of the Fang set, which is nice for Druids (which make up a fair portion of our guild).

And there are some nice quest rewards in the Scarlet Monastery if you can find someone to kill the bosses for you (I don't know if I can manage that solo yet; I haven't tried).

Wingblade is the best rogue weapon that is easily accessible at that level as well (reward from the WC quest chain).

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 12:27:52 PM

A WC run would be fun.  I will be availible Tues/Weds if people want to run this.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 04:10:27 PM

My hours aren't always conducive to it, but I'd be happy to help out anyway I can.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 07:52:30 PM

Wailing Caverns and even more shadow fang keep. This guild has legs i tell you. Oh well was great fun and huge thanks to all. Again. This time I could actually hit stuff and my heals moved peoples health bar (barely). Great fun and upgrades to be had.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 07:45:54 AM

Wailing Caverns and even more shadow fang keep. This guild has legs i tell you. Oh well was great fun and huge thanks to all. Again. This time I could actually hit stuff and my heals moved peoples health bar (barely). Great fun and upgrades to be had.

Yes, thanks to Kail, Cheddar, and Hal for including me in the WC and SFK runs last night. Those instances were very cool (first I've ever been in for WoW), and I got some nice equipment upgrades. Good fun, even if they did make fun of me for being a Hunter. ;)

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 09:02:57 PM

Just an update, I can probably handle anything up to and including the Scarlet Monastery at this point. If anyone needs anything, feel free to let me know; I'm mostly just coasting on rest XP at this point which means I spend a lot of time alt-tabbed in Shattrath, so it's not like it's an inconvenience or anything.

For the newbies, dungeons I can run people through are: (levels, according to WoWWiki)

Ragefire Chasm (13-16, min 8) lowbie instance in Orgrimmar, has some Paladin class quest objective and a few quests if anyone levelled in Durotar.  Fairly quick.
Wailing Caverns (17-21, min 10) in The Barrens, has the Armor of the Fang set, mainly for druids and shamans.
Shadowfang Keep (18-21, min 14) in Silverpine, has a Paladin quest objective, and occasionally drops some expensive twink gear.  Fairly quick.
Blackfathom Deeps (22-24, min 19) in Ashenvale, isn't run very often in my experience but has some decent loot
Razorfen Kraul (24-27, min 17) in The Barrens, has a Warrior quest objective.
Gnomeregan (25-28, min 15?) in Dun Morogh, accessible by a teleporter in Booty Bay.  Has some loot for engineers.
Razorfen Downs (34-37, min 25) in The Barrens.  Never been here, don't know what it's like.
Scarlet Monastery (30-40, min 20) in Tirisfal Glades.  Split in to four "wings," each of which is fairly quick to run.  Has the Scarlet Crusade set, which is kind of useful to Warriors and Paladins (though they'll likely drop it in a few levels once they can start wearing plate).

I might be able to take Uldaman (36-40, min 30), but I haven't tried it yet, and we'd need at least three players to get to the last two bosses.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 09:11:05 PM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS Nice list!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 01:27:23 PM

My favourite instance in the entire game has always been SM. Straightforward layout, interesting story, and relatively small wings - to the point where, if a run goes well, pretty much everyone is up for doing another instead of ready to go slice their own throat in the back yard.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 02:22:13 AM

That's the secret of SM (and Dire Maul), and its also why most of the Outlands instances get so much play. Compare this with BRD, Gnomeregan, Uldaman, Sunken Temple where they not only take much longer due to heaps of awkward trash pulls, but which you can add an extra hour to find a tank and an extra two hours to find a healer, because nobody wants to go to the miserable places. Botanica is the Outlands misery. Lots of trash and timed pulls means people unfamiliar struggle and nobody wants to PUG tank or heal it.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 02:28:31 PM

Yeah, I need to swing through Gnomeregan (sorry) one of these days so I can grab the engineering junk and hopefully stock up on fused wiring.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 06:11:48 PM

BRD... shudder.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 07:53:21 PM

Yeah, I need to swing through Gnomeregan (sorry) one of these days so I can grab the engineering junk and hopefully stock up on fused wiring.

No need. There's a schematic for that now. Yay.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Burning Region  |  Topic: Weekly Nooblet Instance Runs?  
Jump to: