Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:35:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: I claim this Gaming Group! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I claim this Gaming Group!  (Read 3915 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: October 06, 2004, 09:12:52 PM

It is mine.  I claim it.  I will share it with Alluvian and Haemish, but schild, ookie and Raph have to go.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 02:05:17 AM

Yea, I must admit, i've been kinda in absentia for a while now. Evil Genius, MtGO and some other stuff, which I may talk about here soon has kept me from playing. Which isn't bothersome. I probably logged about 100 hours in the game before you all even got into beta. I don't want to burn out as I have preordered it. I do patch every week and eventually I'll give it another good go. But for now I must stay away.

No, I'm not changing the name of the group to Signe Country.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 05:50:40 AM

That's ok... I've changed my name to Bat.

schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 05:55:44 AM

Quote from: Signe
That's ok... I've changed my name to Bat.

I could torture you and say all your posts have to be as long as your sig.

But, I won't. Your above post was pretty funny.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 06:52:15 AM

The sig will be gone soon.  I am only beta testing it.

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 12:44:50 AM

I have not been playing the game much at all, the lag/performance issues it has with my computer (3ghz 800mhz fsb, 512 ram, 9600xt aiw) just don't seem right.  I just upgraded to new cat drivers (4.9 doesn't work with dual monitors so I went up to 4.8), so hopefully that will fix some problems.

It also depresses me when I login and my character has that stupid n00b island robe on, any quick tips on how to make some cash?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 07:53:12 AM

Ooki, you little cutie you... everytime you do a quest, you get another piece of kit for your character.  By the time I was level 6 and had done every quest I found, I had replaced all my n00b rags with a better class of n00b rags.  It even looks like armour.  I have also received tons of items as drops... from armour and lore items worth more than 1 silver to bits and pieces of mobs worth anything from 1 copper on up.  Loot everything and sell it if you don't want it.  The things that you get by just harvesting are worth nearly nothing, but they add up, too.  You can't hold very much in the beginning but you can just destroy that nearly worthless piece of goblin meat if you find something better and don't have room for it.  There are a couple of NPCs scattered about to buy the things you don't want.  In n00bville, I sell everything I don't want to wear.  Lately I've been fiddling with crafting so I spend nearly every cent on crafting books and fuel for the crafting machines.

The mainland is even better.  There are tons of things scattered on the ground and higher level mobs drop better body bits to sell or use.  You even get a free apartment when you reach the mainland.  Although, after I did the apartment quest, I've not actually gone back there. What's the point?  You can't really store anything there and I have no mates to invite around for a friendly sesh.  Make sure you pick up all the glowy things on the ground, like butterflies and bones... some of them are worth a bit if you sell them and other's are for collections that will become apparant later on.

Something to keep in mind about cash.  100 copper = 1 silver.  This doesn't turn over in your inventory.  For some reason, it only adjusts when you exchange it at the bank.  So... if you have 900 copper, you actually have 9 silver.  I've never had more than 7 or 8 silver at one time, so I don't know if this stays the same.  I suspect so.  You could be richer than you know!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: I claim this Gaming Group!  
Jump to: