Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:49:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Zombie Panic out on the 28th! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zombie Panic out on the 28th!  (Read 10711 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #35 on: January 02, 2008, 04:27:39 PM

I think it starts off with only one zombie every time.  One zombie becomes lots of zombies VERY quickly, though; there's always a lot of culling in the first minute or so as people blunder around with their crowbars and handguns.

I'm pretty sure ZP would not be nearly as fun at a "competitive play" level where all the humans stuck together and watched each other's backs all the time.  Much like most zombie movies wouldn't be nearly as good if the majority of the humans weren't greedy/shortsighted/flawed dumbasses who get their faces pulled off two thirds of the way in.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 02, 2008, 04:58:01 PM

Players can actually choose sides at the beginning in the waiting room. There were three of us who started as zombies every time on the first server I played on. I suspect it caps the number of starting zombies, but I only got forced to be a human once.

My big complaint is I couldn't feed on the corpses to refill my sprint bar. It makes killing sprees hard.

edit: Just checked the ZP website and they say that there is only one zombie to start, but that wasn't the case on the servers I played on. Maybe that isn't in the game yet?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 05:02:12 PM by Prospero »
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #37 on: January 02, 2008, 05:15:09 PM

Players can actually choose sides at the beginning in the waiting room. There were three of us who started as zombies every time on the first server I played on.

Did you check the scoreboard and see two zombie teammates right at the start of the round?  If not, I think you were the one and only zombie at the start.  The way it's supposed to work is that you can "volunteer" to be the first zombie, but if there are multiple volunteers only one of the volunteers will be it.  (Probably the first one who gets in the door.)  When I played I was one of three or four people going into the zombie door at the start of each round, and I started as a survivor each time.

The original ZP worked the same way, except that it was a standard team selection menu rather than an NS-style "lobby".

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 02, 2008, 05:54:30 PM

Yeah, there were definitely more than one of us at the start of the actual round. Sometimes we would even spawn next to each other. It would randomly pick one of us to be the uber-zombie, the rest of us were vanilla zombies.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 02, 2008, 09:04:01 PM

Yeah, there were definitely more than one of us at the start of the actual round. Sometimes we would even spawn next to each other. It would randomly pick one of us to be the uber-zombie, the rest of us were vanilla zombies.

I encountered this same mechanic. I did not ever see just one zombie spawn at the start. Perhaps there's a server setting?

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #40 on: January 02, 2008, 11:50:01 PM

On a 20 limit server it's 3 zombies. 1 uber and 2 vanilla.

It's easier to just hit F1 or F2 to join teams. Fuck lobby running.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Zombie Panic out on the 28th!  
Jump to: