Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:49:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: mtgo v3 going live : 28th Jan 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mtgo v3 going live : 28th Jan  (Read 27155 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #35 on: February 12, 2008, 02:49:56 PM

Thanks for the info, folks. I have been meaning to catalog all my old cards for years now...maybe soon is the time to do it. IIRC my rarest card is a Green Mox, but I have a few other lesser rares as well. These were all collected at or before Arabian Nights came out, so I am not sure which category they would fall under.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 02:59:40 PM

Thanks for the info, folks. I have been meaning to catalog all my old cards for years now...maybe soon is the time to do it. IIRC my rarest card is a Green Mox, but I have a few other lesser rares as well. These were all collected at or before Arabian Nights came out, so I am not sure which category they would fall under.

Mmmm.  Mox Emerald = $500 bill.

You should have a fair amount of medium value cards.  Even many sucky Arabian Nights/Unlimited/Beta cards have high nostalgia values.

I like the card browser on www.anycraze.com for checking values.  Anycraze is pretty popular,  so tends to have less wild price swings and phantom card prices (card listed at a low price,  but there are never any in stock).

You can set the anycraze browser to list all cards at a certain rarity,  in a certain set/block, in alphabetacal order to quickly go through your cards.  I.E.  Set for "Unlimited, Rares"
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: February 12, 2008, 04:01:24 PM

WHY WON'T THEY JUST THROW PILES OF MONEY AT THIS GAME. GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH IT'S FUCKING KILLING ME.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 13, 2008, 01:23:21 PM

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 13, 2008, 05:12:50 PM

I suspect that at some level someone at wizards thinks a very successful MTGO would kill their paper business.

It's also been clear for years that the people in charge of the digital division have no idea WTF they are doing. That's the real problem. V3 is years late and what is Randy Buehler doing? Going to tournaments so he can record quicktime movies of his match commentary.

They just don't get it, totally clueless. It would be like putting my mom in charge of creating portable MP3 players.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 20, 2008, 08:51:00 PM

Looks like the countdown clock is being removed entirely.

Too bad Duke Nuke'Em Forever exists. Otherwise this could be the worst game development disaster of all time.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 21, 2008, 01:01:12 AM

It really is too bad. No MMOG could hold a candle to the soul sucking, account draining potential of MTGO done right. I don't know how you can fuck up selling digital crack, but somehow they've done it.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 21, 2008, 01:25:04 AM

The saddest part is that an MMOG is actually complicated; a card game isn't. The amount of time and effort it has taken them to produce *what* they have produced is truly astonishing. It's like taking a decade to build a shitty doghouse.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 21, 2008, 11:14:55 AM

The saddest part is that an MMOG is actually complicated; a card game isn't. The amount of time and effort it has taken them to produce *what* they have produced is truly astonishing. It's like taking a decade to build a shitty doghouse.

To be fair, the rules engine is more complicated than a MMOG rules system. Of course, they are just copying and pasting that for v3, so it doesn't really explain why it is taking so goddamn long to make a simple UI.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: mtgo v3 going live : 28th Jan  
Jump to: