Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:41:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Stonehenge - 1st subscriber patch to test center 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stonehenge - 1st subscriber patch to test center  (Read 37683 times)
Tige
Terracotta Army

on: December 18, 2007, 05:57:21 PM

Pretty farking good.  Some glitches still but outside is very nice.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 05:59:02 PM

Screens.
Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 06:02:26 PM

Might not be until morning but I'll get a few up.  They reworked the hotbar icons.  Gotta roll a marksman for spider mines  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Swiped this one from the forums will post up some more from there this evening while I finish up some work.  Tomorrow I'll post up some of my newb MM on Test.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:06:51 PM by Tige »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 01:56:19 AM

Why is Stonehenge in a game called Hellgate: London?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 03:18:57 AM

Hellgate: Amesbury would be a fucking short game.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 06:20:19 AM

Well, yeah but why have the word 'London' in the game title if the area in your first content patch is prorbably closer to Cardiff than The Smoke?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 07:10:20 AM

Could be neat, but need a lot more details before I'm subb'ing.  I'm not asking for it here.  I mean from "The Company."

- Does it include new monster art
- Does it really expand on tilesets or is that just Stonehenge dropped in the middle of the same parks we've seen already?
- Is there more to the tilesets than just Stonehenge? (The indoor stuff is about as repetitive as the old Castle Wolfenstein games.)
- Item additions?

I'm not subscribing for some fluff.  It has to have some meat to it.

*Edit:  I'm so ready for Christmas Vacation...(fat fingered it.)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 07:22:10 AM

I'm so fucking sick of Stonehenge.  Last trip to the UK we must have passed it a bajillion times in four days.  It's not like I hadn't seen that particular pile of rocks thousands of times before.   I felt like throwing eggs at it.  I say give it to that fucking hippy King Arthur with silly fucking Yorkshire accent who says it's his anyways.  What a wacko.   

Also, I couldn't find any Xmas goodies on the test server.  If there are no Xmas goodies this time, I am SO not playing it anymore! 
Fucking Stonehenge is NOT enough! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 08:55:29 AM

Just got an email concerning Hellgate, most important part is patch notes:

Multiplayer Patch 0.7
As the players who participated in our Test Center server found out earlier today, the 0.7 content update will be launching for both the Shulgoth (US) and Sydonai (EU) servers this week.

Big additions in this patch include a massive memory usage fix, Nightmare difficulty rebalancing, and a new "Looking for Group" interface.

A number of notorious bugs were also squashed in this build. Impassible maps and quest monsters that refused to spawn are a thing of the past.

With 0.7 subscribers can enjoy additional content in the form of the Transmogrifier -- an item used for extra inventory and recipe crunching -- and twelve new unique items.

I stopped playing because of stupid fucking elite nightmare.  You get halfway through, then huge gargantuans or whatever they are called 1 shot you continuously; I had to stop after finding out the only way through a level was to suicide your way through it.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 11:17:39 AM

So, turns out that in our post-apocalyptic future, it is easier to get to Salisbury than it is to get anywhere south of the river. Figures.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 01:08:39 PM

All the parks I've been in remind me of Perez Park from COH. I guess it's the grass and walls that do it. Still like Perez Park better.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 01:26:08 AM

So, turns out that in our post-apocalyptic future, it is easier to get to Salisbury than it is to get anywhere south of the river. Figures.
No different from nowadays, really. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 07:58:42 AM

I went back to live server to finish acts 4 and 5.  Patch .7 is the latest and performance is improved but I would really like a particle effect slider.  Patch .7 also gives you the cube without having to kill foozles or other pain in the ass hoops to jump through.  Stonehenge pushed to 1/08, not sure what that does for the promised Christmas dye kits and stuff.

HGL is working it's way back up my start menu. 
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 08:06:19 AM

Let me know when all the suck is gone. I'd like to finish act 5 someday.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 12:06:32 PM

It's making tiny steps to suck less. You get the magic cube, but all it does is upgrade stims, and function as more storage. You can make combo health/mana packs, but they're kinda borked, in that they won't fire unless you're bown on both health and mana. The elite nightmare scaling has been fixed, but there's still stuff that can blow through 1000 shield points in 1 hit, and kill me with the next. Public Chat is useless due to the volume of gold sellers spamming.

The dx9/x64 memory leak is gone for me, but dx10/x64 still crashes. I'm using a sli 8800gt pair for the time being (one card is destined for another machine) and getting 100+fps at 1900x1200 in dx9, with everything set high.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 07:37:10 AM

I feel like a dick for saying this, but HG:L has been working grand for me using Vista and DX10. First few iterations were buggy, but as of two patches ago, the game's pretty smooth.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 10:04:27 AM

I still think I'll wait another patch or two before buying the game, much less subscribing.
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 03:36:09 PM

I haven't even finished this game yet.  Furthest I got was beating Act 3, in beta when that was as far as I could go.  It's not a terrible game, but I fell out of the groove.  I tend to be easily distracted.  swamp poop
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 05:59:27 PM

Me too.  Something doesn't even have to be shiny anymore for me to start following it. 

geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 08:52:30 PM

Another thing that stopped me from staying focused on the game was getting kicked out every 30-120 minutes with a nasty memory-leak related crash.   The pain:pleasure ratio in that scenario was beyond acceptable thresholds.

No more.  I just finished most of Act 3 - about 6 hours of play time - without crashing once.  (I eventually got kicked off with a "network error" dialogue box, but that's something else entirely.)
lesion

Reply #20 on: December 22, 2007, 09:51:04 AM

I was so happy there were no leaks, then I hit the boss at Angel Passage and got booted by a network error Tantrum

The only reason I'm playing multiplayer is to sell my account for millions in the New Age.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 12:50:57 PM

Where do you get the horadric cube?

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 02:18:18 PM

Where do you get the horadric cube?

Perhaps you are mistaken. There is no horadric cube in hellgate london. Hellgate london has a completely different item that is completely different, and the horadric mage that tells you how to use it is only named Deckard Cain due to extraordinary circumstance, not because he is the same identify-bot as was in Diablo.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 05:37:26 PM

Holborn Station, nemo has it on the platform near the teleport.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 23, 2007, 06:54:55 PM

Thanks - it shot me a message after zoning a couple times.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 10:41:59 AM

Did they EVER have any Xmas stuff in this game?  They said they put them in, then people said they took them out, I haven't seen anything.  I was looking forward to a Santa hat and Xmas dye.  I've canceled but the sub doesn't run out for a week.  Then I'll probably not play because the lack of storage will drive me nuts.  Like I siad, this Stonehenge is really NOT enough.  A Santa hat might have done it, though.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 11:46:38 AM

Nope, no xmas stuff at all. I guess the dye kits were an issue, so they threw it all out.

fuckers.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 28, 2007, 02:56:32 AM

A Santa hat might have done it, though.
Maybe people were confusing the failed ex-Blizzard with the real Blizzard, because WoW certainly has Santa hats.

And Xmas costumes, and pet mini-snowmen/reindeer/gnomes, and snowman costumes, and toy robots, and snowballs, and snowball machines, and mistletoe, and eggnog, and flying reindeer mounts, and and and.   awesome, for real

geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 28, 2007, 10:26:11 PM

To be fair, maybe the reason why WoW had time to add proper Christmas stuff was because, unlike Hellgate, it wasn't released in an  unfinished state just 2 months ago.  Flagship was probably too busy bailing water out of that ship to put up Christmas lights this year.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #29 on: December 28, 2007, 10:34:02 PM

I'm so fucking sick of Stonehenge.  Last trip to the UK we must have passed it a bajillion times in four days.  It's not like I hadn't seen that particular pile of rocks thousands of times before.   I felt like throwing eggs at it.  I say give it to that fucking hippy King Arthur with silly fucking Yorkshire accent who says it's his anyways.  What a wacko.

I feel the same way about the Alamo. Except for the whole King Arthur/Yorkshire bit.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #30 on: December 30, 2007, 11:19:29 PM

I may check this game out in another 6 months, when it's discounted down to half price or less.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 10:33:24 PM

I may check this game out in another 6 months, when it's discounted down to half price or less.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 10:33:49 PM

They were on sale for 30% off already at Wal-mart.
MaceVanHoffen
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 10:46:49 PM

Reading this thread, all I could think about was:

schild
Administrator

Reply #34 on: January 20, 2008, 12:10:00 AM

Shit.

Are you kidding? A nethack style group dungeon? SERIOUSLY?

In MY online games? It's more likely than you think.

Is ANYONE still playing?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Stonehenge - 1st subscriber patch to test center  
Jump to: