Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:00:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Sony doesn't want my money... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sony doesn't want my money...  (Read 6151 times)
Montague
Terracotta Army

on: December 18, 2007, 12:21:29 PM

Alright, so after 3 years of WoW I went out and bought the EQ2 ROK bundle and installed it. I go to create a new account and I select "Ignore Parental Controls". Then I get an error message. I use my old EQ account login, it waits a while, then it asks me to select an EQ2 forum name. I put one in. Error message. I put in a bunch of letters - error message.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over???

I've just spent a half hour trying to get a monkey to answer the chat, but between IE and Firefox crashing and their queues no luck so far. Anybody have any clue just why the fuck Sony doesn't want my money?

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 12:25:52 PM

Why doesn't sony want your money?
WHY DOESN'T SONY WANT YOUR MONEY?

More like, why is your computer a wonk piece of shit?

IE and Firefox crashing? What are you talking about? I'd investigate that issue first, sucka.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:29:28 PM

Why doesn't sony want your money?
WHY DOESN'T SONY WANT YOUR MONEY?

More like, why is your computer a wonk piece of shit?

IE and Firefox crashing? What are you talking about? I'd investigate that issue first, sucka.

ONE SHIT AT A TIME!!!!

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 01:14:35 PM

Hey hey!

After a long-distance phone call to San Diego, a helpful SOE rep added the EQ2 bundle to my account, and I put in the sub info on the Station site. I then fire up the game, I get an LP_plugin error and I get what I suppose is the play screen, but I have no options for creating a character or playing the game. And to think if I wanted cockstabbed this bad I could have just bought Hellgate: London.

Edit - Turns out it was a Vista issue. I did the stupid Run As Administrator thing and now I'm patching. Only 11 hours left!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 01:22:58 PM by Montague »

geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 01:58:07 PM

Turns out it was a Vista issue.

ACK! (*feigning surprise*)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 02:09:56 PM

Given all the horrendous reviews of Vista out there and the amount of people that STILL bought it, I am surprised all the "laughingallthewaytothebank" didn't cause another Mt St Helen's eruption.

I have never played WoW.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 05:28:41 PM

Make sure your not only running as admin but run in XP sp2 compatibility. I had the same problems when I first started as well.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 12:01:12 AM

Make sure your not only running as admin but run in XP sp2 compatibility. I had the same problems when I first started as well.

Yeah I read the forums and did the Vista dance and after patching it worked fine.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 07:07:04 AM

Vista appears to be breaking with MS precedent. Normally I'd feel confident about using the new OS after a year and a service pack. Vista, not so much.

Especially after someone hacked Crysis to get most of the "dx10" features in dx9. As the main reason touted for gamers to move to Vista, I'd think that would get more press.
DarkSign
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 01:41:45 PM

I have 64-bit Vista on my machine and I had zero, count them, zero problems dling and installing EQ2.
Works fine over here.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Sony doesn't want my money...  
Jump to: