Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:19:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Your first game(s)? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your first game(s)?  (Read 20912 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: January 07, 2008, 02:09:33 AM

I forgot about Warlords, that games was awesome. Really really fun. I love the box art, it has nothing to do with the game at all. (It's a 4 player Arkanoid/brickle.)

I was at the museum of Television and Radio History in NY over the summer and they had some old games set up there. Including Combat. I played with a friend as the tanks. I lost. Badly. To a girl. Who had never played before in her life.

I've always played video games. When I was young I thought my dad was awesome because he beat Venture for the Colecovision while I couldn't get past the second level. (Venture, not Adventure) Our family never did much together and I didn't have much in common with either parent but that was one thing we could do together.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: January 07, 2008, 12:43:54 PM

I remember we used to spend our allowance to make gloves for playing this.  Ah, memories. 

Head scratch

The game was played by moving a trackball as fast as you can.  After hours of doing this, your hand became raw (and often pinched in the gap between the ball and the machine).  This developed a juvenile need to wear a glove... since it pre-dates Michael Jackson, it wasn't a fashion statement.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #72 on: January 08, 2008, 02:41:26 PM

Head scratch

I spent 3 minutes trying to figure out wtf that smiley is.  Eventually I decided that the white bit on top looks like a phallus and the smiley is jerking it and you're calling somebody a wanker. 

Quote from: Margalis
I love the box art, it has nothing to do with the game at all.

Atari 2600 box art was the best for this.  Have some lushly painted sci fi scene on the cover and the game would be one pixel jumping over another pixel.

Compare and contrast:

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #73 on: January 08, 2008, 05:07:04 PM

I spent 3 minutes trying to figure out wtf that smiley is.  Eventually I decided that the white bit on top looks like a phallus and the smiley is jerking it and you're calling somebody a wanker. 

Don't be silly. It's a head-scratching smiley. If I wanted to call someone here a wanker, I'd just call them a wanker.

Quote from: sidereal
Atari 2600 box art was the best for this.  Have some lushly painted sci fi scene on the cover and the game would be one pixel jumping over another pixel.

Your picture! She is broken!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
spiralyguy
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: January 10, 2008, 08:34:32 AM

First games I remember player were on my good ol' C64

Jumpman
B.C.: Quest for Wheels

good times
spiralyguy
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: January 10, 2008, 08:44:29 AM

Compare and contrast:

Haha, that's awesome, and so true.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Your first game(s)?  
Jump to: