Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Handheld Advice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Handheld Advice  (Read 3316 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

on: October 04, 2004, 07:07:37 AM

Bad news is that I'm starting a second job. Good news is, I can just sit on my ass all night long (Guess what kind of job that is).

Anyways...Recommendations on a handheld? Should I just hold out for the Gameboy DS, or get the SP now? What's the difference, besides the dual screen? Is it worth getting a Gamecube along with it? What games are worth a damn (Preferably RPG's...or anything that lasts a good amount of time)? Lastly, what about the N-Gage?
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 07:40:00 AM

well, if bang for your buck is what you want, the price on the SP should plummet once the DS hits, so that would be a really good deal.  Not sure if you really need a Cube to go with it, as there are only a few Cube games that take advantage of the SP (unless you are heavy into party games, then i believe there is quite a bunch)

From all I have heard, the NEW NGuage is a much better piece of work, Avoid the old one like the Plague.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 07:43:08 AM

Price of the SP just dropped. I'm sure it's in preperation to sell of all remaining stock before the DS comes out. You can pick up the Nintendo Limited Edition (looks like an old nintendo conitroller) at Circuit City for like $77. It's frickin sweet.

Go buy one. I sit on my ass all day and couldn't survive without it.

Edit: The DS is not the same thing as the SP. k?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 08:37:34 AM

Quote from: stray
Lastly, what about the N-Gage?

No matter how much they've improved that POS, it's still one colossal failure of a POS. Go GB.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 10:04:39 AM

Well, shit. I was just skimming at some DS screenshots, and it looks like Nintendo 64 quality. I didn't realize it was that good. Seems like the GBA has a lot of good games, but I'm gonna have to hold out (and from what I can tell, the DS is backwards compatible anyways).
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 11:10:22 AM

Well, shit. I was just skimming at some DS screenshots, and it looks like Nintendo 64 quality. I didn't realize it was that good. Seems like the GBA has a lot of good games, but I'm gonna have to hold out (and from what I can tell, the DS is backwards compatible anyways).

The N64 looked like shit to me from the first day I saw it. Aliased mud. That's the only possible description. Though I was spoiled with a good computer and an Atari Jaguar (still, to this day, the saddest failure in gaming history. That system had fucking potential).
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 02:41:43 PM

The remake of Super Mario 64 and Mario Cart 64 is enough to convince me the Nintendo DS is a must buy.

Wiiiiii!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 05:50:35 PM

Buy a GBA today =^.^= or wait and buy a PSP imo. I'm holding out for the PSP, too many cutesy japatitles on the nintendo. FFT looks great if it weren't little cutesy japacharacters.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 07:24:10 PM

I was under the impression you thought of yourself as an artist, Sky.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 06:31:41 AM

No, I'm a shitty artist. I'm a musician. What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: October 05, 2004, 09:30:57 AM

Quote from: Sky
What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

Everything.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 05, 2004, 11:10:22 AM

China is probably screwed imo.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #12 on: October 05, 2004, 08:21:04 PM

Quote from: schild
Quote from: Sky
What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

Everything.

I'm more concerned about the price of gas in china.  If 2+ billion people suddenly buy cars, demand for gas is gonna skyrocket.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
plangent
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 06, 2004, 01:03:24 AM

Quote from: HaemishM
Lastly, what about the N-Gage?

No matter how much they've improved that POS, it's still one colossal failure of a POS. Go GB.

Wow, that post was almost as insightful as it was informative.  Nice.

I just managed to get my hands on a QD and I'm sold.  I know that collective prejudices are squarely against the N-Gage, and prior to using one I was content to mouth the party line.  Now that I'm using one I can go for hours without commiting a single worthwhile act.  The browser, email, and phone are just gravy on top of the console.

Ok, going back to playing bomberman now.

Homo sum.  Humani nil a me alienum puto.
doubleplus
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 06, 2004, 06:03:59 PM

I actually have to agree with Plangent. It actually doesn't suck, and it's slowly replacing my cell phone and GBA as my pocket radiator. If anything, it's one device to lower my sperm count than one. The fact it's actually got some decent games (Hello, Bomberman!) and has some nice ones coming out is just another perk.

WoW! GaH!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Handheld Advice  
Jump to: