Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:50:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: New v3 UI - doesn't completely suck 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New v3 UI - doesn't completely suck  (Read 5867 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: December 09, 2007, 04:33:02 PM

It still looks like complete ass, but it does look as if you could play a match without getting a migrane.

The chat is still in the stupid vertical window and the ugly brown theme remains, which is unfortunate, but the contrast is much improved, the layout wastes far less space, and all in all I could imagine playing mtgo just fine with this duel screen.

Not perfect by a long shot, but probably as good as can be expected.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 04:34:22 PM

holy crap

that's a whole lot better. I'm sure you can edit colors and backgrounds. Hot. Getting there.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 02:54:08 AM

Also, card art update is working it's way through....

becomes...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 04:59:28 PM

Text is still fucked up, the line spacing is all wonky and uneven.

It does look better but too little too late for me.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 09:32:31 AM

I'd like to start playing again, I had an account but I can't remember my password and the automated retreive/reset mechanism isn't working for me. And their phone hours are the same as my work hours which means I haven't called them to rectify…

…and then I start thinking about the money I plunked down for virtual cards priced exactly the same as real cards and then that makes me grumpy and not in mood to play MO…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 10:47:42 AM

…and then I start thinking about the money I plunked down for virtual cards priced exactly the same as quite a bit more than real cards because there is no booster box discount and because almost nobody pays MRSP and then that makes me grumpy and not in mood to play MO…

Fixed. Though it's not quite so bad here in the UK, since mtgo is dollar priced and these days dollars are almost as valuable as pond weed.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 10:51:15 AM by eldaec »

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 11:12:11 AM

…and then I start thinking about the money I plunked down for virtual cards priced exactly the same as quite a bit more than real cards because there is no booster box discount and because almost nobody pays MRSP and then that makes me grumpy and not in mood to play MO…

Fixed. Though it's not quite so bad here in the UK, since mtgo is dollar priced and these days dollars are almost as valuable as pond weed.

Limited does get boned in MODO,  though decent drafting ability will give a pretty large discount.  If you can consistently make it to Round 2 or 3 in a 4-3-2-2,  you're only paying 60-40% of suggested retail.

Constructed is significantly cheaper on MODO.  In cardboard, mediocre or conditional rares will hover in the $3-8 price range.  The same rares will go for chump change online.  Just as an example,  I picked up playsets of Crovax, Stonewood Invocation, Militia's Pride, bunch of others at the "2 card for 1 tix" or "3 cards for 1 tix" bots. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: New v3 UI - doesn't completely suck  
Jump to: