Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:59:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: "Special Holiday Promotional Pricing" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Special Holiday Promotional Pricing"  (Read 2912 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: December 07, 2007, 01:05:44 PM

Q. What do you get for the LOTRO player who has everything?

A. More LOTRO at a great price!

This season Turbine is excited to bring you a very special holiday offer. Now through January 31, 2008, you can start playing The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™ for only $9.99 a month!

The Lord of the Rings Online special holiday promotion lets new and existing subscribers play for only $9.99 a month when they sign up for three months of service for the special price of $29.97, subject to certain terms and conditions.

Players who subscribe to the promotion will continue to be billed $29.97 every three months for as long as they maintain an active account with The Lord of the Rings Online or until they choose a different billing plan. Players who currently subscribe to The Lord of the Rings Online and select the special offer will be transferred to the Holiday subscription package once they have completed their current subscription plan.

This special offer only lasts until January 31, 2008. To sign up for this limited time offer go to myaccount.turbine.com and join us in Middle-earth™!
Source

I'm down with this. I'm now about to go from 15$ month, to 30$ for three...thats like...a whole month free. Good move IMO.

Now for the posts signaling the games doom:

PS: Founders/lifers now get a horse at lvl25.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 01:07:59 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 05:17:21 PM

A couple of smart moves there.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 08:52:48 AM

Yeah, with this deal pretty much making the founder's pricing trivial, that free horse thing is pretty wise.

ETA -- Looks like they're starting the vet rewards in 2008 as well. I personally like shit like that regardless of whether it signals the "doom" of a game.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 08:54:59 AM by CmdrSlack »

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 12:38:39 PM

I didn't see any mention of that on the LotR game site

Oh wait, NM…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: "Special Holiday Promotional Pricing"  
Jump to: