Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:06:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Kamigawa: The fusion of Threshold and Spirits 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kamigawa: The fusion of Threshold and Spirits  (Read 3408 times)
schild
Administrator

on: October 01, 2004, 11:48:40 AM

Rare ODY: Kirtar's Wrath.

I have a feeling this will SHOOT up in price come Kamigawa. We're looking at a Wrath of God + the ability to drop Spirit tokens in the game (which are enhanced by many cards in CHK). This is MAJOR card advantage when running WU with a Long Forgotten Gyohei.

I'm trying to come up with deck ideas, and right now I'm fooling around with a Kirtar's Wrath/Control deck running a couple of Long Forgotten Gyoheis and some Legendary creatures and lands (to destroy the opponents Kamigawa card advantage).

Thoughts? Different deck variations?

Hopefully after work tonight I'll be able to post the full deck (well, what I've come up with).
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 09:22:56 PM

Interesting idea Schild....  what about the angel from Mirrodin that creates spirit tokens each turn?  Can't think of the name right now....  Throw in some green for acceleration, and you're good to go.

Personally, I've been eyeing white/red samurai.  Let's me use Reciprocate, which is as close to Swords to Plowshares as Wizards is going to ever release again.  Damn, I loved Swords.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 09:30:44 AM

Hmmm, does threshold punish that card enough ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 09:33:26 AM

Think of it as a 4 colorless Wrath of God + WW for 2x 1/1 white fliers. I like the threshhold on that. In a GW deck, you'll have tons of spirits and tons of mana lying around with the new Harrow and...the old harrow.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Kamigawa: The fusion of Threshold and Spirits  
Jump to: