Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:35:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: *Official* 2007-2008 College Basketball Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Official* 2007-2008 College Basketball Thread  (Read 4214 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

on: December 05, 2007, 10:16:17 PM

Now that college football is taking a bit of a break until the bowls, it's time to talk about a sport where my team actually does something on a semi-regular basis:

Hoya Saxa!

Sorry about beating up on your...uh...Tides there Snakecharmer.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 04:58:07 AM

Yeah, Alabama isn't very good this year in the roundball.  Might put something good enough together before the end of the year for the NAIA, but that's about it.  I actually expected that game to be worse.  Not much of a basketball fan anyway.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 10:48:17 AM

Is it March yet? No? Honestly, I didn't even realize it started yet, lol. Georgia has the shittiest of the shitty SEC teams in basketball. I'll probably start paying attention when they start conference play in mid-January. Until then, beating up on po-dunk schools isn't doing much for us.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 10:57:00 AM

Pac-10 is about as loaded for hoops as it was for football, which means a middle of the pack finish for Washington most likely. If they can get some consistent outside shooting (Appleby coming back with help) and find an insider scorer to help Brockman, they can surprise some people. Losing Hawes to the NBA is actually going to help the team overall IMO; he was too big and slow to play the full court pressure defense that Romar likes. Some serious teams in the NW this year though- WSU is a top 10 club, and Gonzaga is always a threat (#19 until they lost to the Cougs last night).

Seattle U is also reviving their Division I program, which will provide another quality matchup close to home for the state teams in the future. Who needs the fucking Sonics?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 01:39:05 PM

Big 10 sucks this year. OSU has freshmen that are actually playing like freshmen. That's ok though, for we have McLovin.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 11:55:49 AM

Olson gone for year.

ACK!

Although, he hasn't been as sharp lately as in years past.  UofA seriously needs to start looking for a replacement.  Of course, we've got a year to see what Kevin O'Neill can do.

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 07:46:27 PM

Ok, now that "finals" are over we are starting up the season in earnest. Huge game this weekend between Memphis (#2) and G-twon (#4). Also, I am quite enjoying watching Kentucky being smacked around by Houston tonight.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 08:33:37 PM

Baha. That last second 3 to beat Duke was sweet.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: *Official* 2007-2008 College Basketball Thread  
Jump to: