Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:21:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Game Reviews: FFT - The Lion Wars & Jeanne D'arc 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game Reviews: FFT - The Lion Wars & Jeanne D'arc  (Read 6730 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: November 29, 2007, 02:05:58 PM

Game Reviews: FFT - The Lion Wars & Jeanne D\'arc

I don't know what it is about playing a portable system when I'm at home and NOT on the john. Laying in bed or sitting with my feet propped up on my computer desk playing with my PSP/DS (Way to be incredibly dull by the way, Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations, yech) just feels WRONG somehow. I have a Wii and a PS3 sitting in the next room connected to a new Sony widescreen HDTV, a reasonably up to date PC with with 100+ GB worth of games installed on it connected to a widescreen LCD...and I'm sitting here with a portable shoved in my face. I suppose I could also be curing cancer if the rumors about these games being a waste of my life are true.

» Read More
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 02:19:17 PM

Level 5. I really really wanted to play True fantasy online. They do make really good games.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 02:27:14 PM

Now complete with a working link to the article! Yech, I suck.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 02:28:07 PM

The review makes me glad I don't want to buy FFT.  Slowdown that kills the gameplay?  Improved translation doesn't give me any reason to rebuy a game I already own.

In my Strategy games I tend to turn combat animation cutscenes off, text to fast, and enemy actions to fast.  Slow animations is a game killer for me.

But I have Jeanne D Arc waiting to go sometime soon.  I have to finish Fire Emblem for the Wii before I touch any other game.  And my friend wants to get back in WoW and I have TWO CCG loot cards I am debating using.  I need to complete a game before I go back to an oldie or play anything else in my collection.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 02:28:29 PM

Disgaea PSP is pretty much perfect also.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 04:17:43 PM

I deal with the slowdown in FFT. I also use a Calculator.  ACK!

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 05:39:49 PM

Disgaea PSP is pretty much perfect also.

Its another one I already beat and still own the console version of.

I don't do the Special Edition shit unless its REAL cheap (Like under 10 bucks), or really upgraded.  (Like FF4 for the DS.  That's a worthy rebuy.  Shining Force for the GBA kinda was, but I no longer had my Genesis cart anyhow.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Game Reviews: FFT - The Lion Wars & Jeanne D'arc  
Jump to: