Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:41:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Patch 0.6 and 0.7 is on the Way 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 0.6 and 0.7 is on the Way  (Read 39264 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: November 27, 2007, 07:14:53 AM

Patch 0.6
Hello everyone!
We hope our U.S. players had a great Thanksgiving holiday and that everyone had a fantastic weekend of playing Hellgate: London. We kept working through our cornucopia of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and American football games to get some more fixes done and ready to push out this week.

Patch 0.6 has one very notable fix – the invisible group member bug has been slain. This was a crafty, fierce thing with rows of nasty sharp teeth, but we believe it has now fallen into the mists of legend. We’ll stay vigilant in case it raises its ugly invisible head again.

We’ve also made great strides on the Engineer Drone issue where items become unequipped. There are some cases where Drones (as well as players), will still have items unequip. The main cause of this is when players “ladder up” the equipment on their Character or Drone by using items with statistic bonuses. This results in the Character or Drone being able to use a better overall set of gear than they normally could, and thus causes issues if the items are not equipped in a specific order (or used at all). We’re continuing to work on this one, but it is better with this patch.

As always, we’re reading the forums, getting your feedback, and seeing your desires for Hellgate. The biggest issue we’re currently working on is the client-side memory usage issue. This is very complex and involved, and we also know that it’s a major issue for users. We’re pouring all of our energies right now into working on the game, so if you don’t see us reply to your posts it doesn’t mean we aren’t listening. It just means we’re working hard to make Hellgate: London a better and better experience.

Full patch Notes...

* General: Fixed a bug that caused group members to be invisible to other group members.
    * Fixed a texture memory leak that occurred when inspecting armor items. This will improve long-term memory usage, especially for players that frequently buy, sell, and analyze items.

* Chat: Increased the number of players in global chat.
    * The chat window no longer overlaps the Crafter merchant UI panel.
    * Fixed a bug that prevented the user from interacting with the chat panel via the mouse when the Buddy List or Guild Panel is open.
    * System messages are now displayed in all chat tabs.
    * The scroll bar on the Guild Panel should now function properly.

* Items: Items dropped in the world now have slightly lower overall feed requirements.
    * Analyzers now work as expected on stashed items.

* Engineers: Fixed a bug that caused items equipped on an Engineer Drone to be unequipped when the Engineer summoned the Drone after changing levels.

* World Movement: Fixed a bug that caused players to be randomly teleported under certain circumstances.

Patch Notes Disclaimer: We make every effort to include all upcoming changes in our patch notes, but please be aware that occasionally changes are unintentionally omitted.

Finally, work is well underway on Patch 0.7! This patch will address more of your issues, as well as some surprises for our subscription members. For more details, keep a watchful eye on www.hellgatelondon.com and look for announcements when you launch the game.

Thanks again for playing, and we’ll see you online!

The Hellgate: London Team
Posted by: Ivan on Mon, 11/26/2007 - 22:51 Talk About This Story!
Filed under: Patch 0.6

Still won't use the chat box if I can't resize it or if it won't, at least. fade away.  Bugger all.  I haven't played for over a week anyway.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 08:47:50 AM

Patch 0.6 has one very notable fix – the invisible group member bug has been slain.
[...]
    * General: Fixed a bug that caused group members to be invisible to other group members.
    * Fixed a texture memory leak that occurred when inspecting armor items. This will improve long-term memory usage, especially for players that frequently buy, sell, and analyze items.

[...]
    * Items: Items dropped in the world now have slightly lower overall feed requirements.
[...]
    * World Movement: Fixed a bug that caused players to be randomly teleported under certain circumstances.

[...]
Finally, work is well underway on Patch 0.7! This patch will address more of your issues,

[...]
as well as some surprises for our subscription members.

Still won't use the chat box if I can't resize it or if it won't, at least. fade away.  Bugger all.  I haven't played for over a week anyway.

I'm going to post my babble in your thread, cause it's new and less hate-filled then the other threads.

I'm still playing.  I still like it.  The bugs bother me, but I can only play for hour-long stretches anyway.

I wish they had taken a different approach then D1/D2 normal/nightmare/hell, especially since the storyline is obviously a very low priority.  Random quests/quest lines like CoH would have been a better choice then a craptacular story.  Also it would make it easier to incorporate subscriber/seasonal quest lines (IMO).

Played through all the way through normal with the evoker, disappointed with the evokers spells(abilities), mostly from a spell effect perspective.
Playing through all the way with the Blademaster, focusing on the enhancement line (which is sub-optimal).  Having a great deal of fun jacking up my speed and being able to pick/choose which enemies I engage on the battlefield.  I'm underpowered versus bosses, but since most of the game isn't against boss fights I think it makes more sense to have fun most of the time and be challenged versus the bosses.
Playing through a rifle-based marksman.  Will likely create a pistol-based marksman at some point just because it's so much fun.

I understand the hate and the dissappointment, but somehow it just doesn't seem to be killing my fun.  I guess I'm broken.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 08:56:36 AM

I haven't not played because I wasn't having fun... 0.5 kind of screwed me up but the couple of bugs I have look as if they'll be addressed in the upcoming patch.  Off line play for this game doesn't seem to motivate me very much.  I've been totally ignoring EQ2 and only playing a bit of Mythos now and then.  Mythos could really be a nice, mindless distraction if they dress it up a bit more.  It's easy, fun and totally adorable.  You don't even have to think about splitting loot because you simply get your own.  I think I still have one more invite if anyone wants.  I have not given up hope on HG:L.  Yet.

schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 01:58:30 PM

What does this have to do with .7?

.6 looks good though.

Oh. We'll see about that.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 02:07:07 PM

Woot, with the invisible party bug gone, there's pretty much nothing left wrong now aside from horrific, crippling lag at peak hours. Which are the only hours I can play at.

But hey, almost there.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 02:09:40 PM

Oh. We'll see about that.

The surprise doesn't have to be a happy one.  Example: "Surprise, now everyone can enjoy hardcore mode... bitches!"

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 02:10:38 PM

In Flagship the subscribers have surprises for you!

Seriously, the engineer bug isn't the bug I get.  Whenever I create a new drone, it always defaults to its laser rather than what's equipped.  That has nothing to do with stats either since my drone's stats are overkill for its current weapon.

One thing I'd like them to fix is the randomisation on the crafter NPC.  I think I've made something once, and that's after checking the bastard everytime I zone in.  I've got over 500 of each component but nothing to actually craft.
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 02:14:26 PM

Hopefully it's more shitty holiday loot! Do I hear candy canes and cookies and shit dropping from every mob?! I think I do!!!!
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 02:32:27 PM

Since 0.5 I have found exactly 1 melee weapon. And in that time I've beaten elite Sydonia, and made it to Oxford Station in elite nightmare. Maybe 8 hours of play, and 1 fucking melee weapon.

At least I'm not a Templar, I just need it for the minigame, but jesus, that's a bad loot table.
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 02:59:41 PM

I'm pretty sure the loot tables are weighted by class.  This is based on the experience of fairly tripping over swords and grappling guns as a Templar, but only rarely finding them as an Engineer.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 03:40:35 PM

Since 0.5 I have found exactly 1 melee weapon. And in that time I've beaten elite Sydonia, and made it to Oxford Station in elite nightmare. Maybe 8 hours of play, and 1 fucking melee weapon.

At least I'm not a Templar, I just need it for the minigame, but jesus, that's a bad loot table.

I've cleared all the 5 lies but Bedlam in Elite, but then I'll crash or get stuck zoning and get really pissed off and just run cheapside and churchyard for a few minutes the next day. I've got a few nice yellow mind control items doing so, but no good shield or sword yet.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 04:41:38 PM

What does this have to do with .7?

This is all I meant:

Finally, work is well underway on Patch 0.7! This patch will address more of your issues, as well as some surprises for our subscription members. For more details, keep a watchful eye on www.hellgatelondon.com and look for announcements when you launch the game.

Don't make me kick your ass, Eric.

schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 04:44:01 PM

I cut and pasted part of it! You didn't read my whole post! Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 06:19:21 PM

I'm warning you! 

Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 06:30:30 PM

Maybe you need to chill out to the tunes those ladies in your avatar are listening to?

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 07:37:54 PM

Have they talked about new subscriber content or anything related to why someone would be willing to fork over additional money to FSS?

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 08:07:32 PM

I'm thinking I'll probably put Hellgate on hold until the developers are confident enough about it to give it version 1.0.

Maybe you need to chill out to the tunes those ladies in your avatar are listening to?
They're probably listening to self-help seminar CDs.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 08:56:22 PM

Have they talked about new subscriber content or anything related to why someone would be willing to fork over additional money to FSS?
I thought that was all that junk filling up precious inventory space Ohhhhh, I see.
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 09:10:33 PM

Why subscribe to Hellgate: London?

"My Porsche needs some performance upgrades."
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 11:14:11 AM

.6 sounds promising enough that I'll bother to finish my initial run through newbie/newbie mode...

Scroll bar works for guild window = 4tw.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 12:31:26 PM

I'm still pushing to finish normal to see if I have interest past that.  It is fun for now anyway.  No sub for me though.

The one thing that has been really pissing me off is that the game doesn't recognize anyone unless they are logged in.  I can't add friends while they are offline.  That, to me, is the biggest mistake they have made.  I cannot get in touch with folks here or even my own friend without actually calling him on the phone to coordinate an exact same time play session.

For now, I try to contact him when I start playing and when I finish playing each night.  I've been doing this for 3 weeks.

How stupid.
lesion

Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 01:52:32 PM

Yeah, I have so many alts and HCEs that keep dying that I've given up on getting guilded again until they make it less retarded.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 11:53:35 AM

My nornal character sucks so bad im finding it hard to muster up the courage to attempt finishing normal.  I should have known there was a good reason there was no blademaster thread.

I am the .00000001428%
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 12:04:11 PM

I finished normal with a blademaster. The trick seems to be phase and ignite. Get two fast weapons with those, and you're set. And carry lots of status cures. The multi-hit talent seems more useful than the area attack, and surge of resto is great, until you get to nightmare, where it does too little to help.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 10:09:30 AM

The patch seems to be a big improvement.  The sad thing is HGL has already fallen off my games to play list.  Which means I really had to try to force myself to try it.  Basically I've already lost my desire to see my character or the world because it was so buggy and annoying that it couldn't get hooks in when it was teh new shiney.

Too bad looks like they may cobble together a good game in a few more months afterall.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 10:19:44 AM

The patch seems to be a big improvement.  The sad thing is HGL has already fallen off my games to play list.  Which means I really had to try to force myself to try it.  Basically I've already lost my desire to see my character or the world because it was so buggy and annoying that it couldn't get hooks in when it was teh new shiney.

Too bad looks like they may cobble together a good game in a few more months afterall.

Better update your sig then.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #26 on: December 02, 2007, 10:17:12 PM

Have they added a common locker for all your characters yet? If not, everyone involved with designing this game should be sucking cocks in bus stations for 10-spots. Seriously.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 04:12:02 AM

Surprise! Refunds for all in patch 0.7 if the game is still a pile of stinky shit*.  swamp poop

Only if you own a gaming website, though

I kid, really.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 01:57:44 PM

Have they added a common locker for all your characters yet? If not, everyone involved with designing this game should be sucking cocks in bus stations for 10-spots. Seriously.
From what I understand, this is one of the few remaining incetives of shelling out a monthly subscription.
schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 01:59:55 PM

Shared locker isn't in afaik.
Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 05:43:38 AM

Tried .7 on test center.  There is a noticeable improvement while playing the inventory minigame.  No shared stash in this patch. 

It maybe worth finishing my first run through once this patched goes to live.  Maybe. 
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 06:27:10 AM

Were there any "surprises" for the subscribers at all?

Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 06:36:12 AM

0.7 Patch Notes - If the winter chapeau is a Santa Hat I'll have no choice but to re-subscribe.

Memory Usage

* Fixed a UI-related memory leak
    * Fixed a clothing and armor texture-related memory issue

User Interface

* New Party Panel interface that helps players find other players for creating groups more easily.
    * Reorganized the De-modificator, Augmentrex, and Nanoforge interfaces to appear in the left-hand panel area.
    * Added an auto-transparency feature to the chat interface. This feature can be toggled in the Game Options menu.
    * Players should now be able to skip all startup logo splash-screens with a single click.

Nightmare Difficulty

* The difficulty of Nightmare has been rebalanced. More overall experience is earned in Nightmare levels, scaling of group experience and difficulty has been improved, and the overall level progression has been adjusted.

Skills

* Fixed skills getting added to and/or removed from Shift activation when swapping weapons.
    * Investing a skill point into an Aura skill will no longer automatically cause it to activate.

Templar

* Taunt skills are no longer reduced in effectiveness when grouped

Blademaster

* Path of Righteousness now applies damage from offhand melee weapons.

Guardian

* Prayer of Retribution can now be used while poisoned.
    * Prayer of Healing can no longer be used while poisoned.

Cabalists

* The Summon Ember and Summon Fire Elemental skills should no longer conflict when granted through items.

Evokers

* Fixed a bug that caused Drain Power to charge an upfront power cost.
    * Tempest’s targeting range has been increased and should now properly lose targets that move out of range.
    * Fixed a bug which prevented Boneshards from having any effect on every other cast.
    * Fixed a bug which prevented Evokers from using any other skills for two seconds after casting Boneshards.

Summoners

* Hand of Nostrom correctly adds more beams as the skill level increases.
    * Fixed a bug which sometimes caused the Warper’s pet icon to not show up.
    * Master of the Flame’s skill effects now display properly in the skill description tooltip.

Hunters

* Engineers
          o Engineer Drone behavior improved.
          o Fixed a bug that allowed Repair Drone to be used at no cost.
          o Drones will now level properly along with their owner. Existing Drones that are below your character’s level will automatically be raised to the correct level.
          o Drones now receive correct health bonuses with skill level after re-summoning it.
    * Marksmen
          o Overshield now gives the correct amount of shields.
          o Fixed a bug that prevented Homing Shot from activating properly

Quests

* Fixed a bug with the Cannon Street Rails Quest Bug.
    * Fixed an end of Act 4 bug where Maxim and Arphaun occupy the same place, allowing you to only talk to one of them, thus preventing you from completing the quest.
    * Fixed a bug where Slaughterbeast occasionally doesn't spawn as expected for the “Regular Customer” quest.

Items

* Improved the drop rate of various recipes and analyzers.
    * New blueprints have been added for Focus items and Boots.
    * Focus items and Boots can now be made by crafters.
    * Fixed a bug where Auras would turn on and off when swapping weapons that grant aura skills.

Guilds and Groups

* Fixed a bug where players were not seeing Guild invites.
    * Introduced new Auto-Party logic to provide better matches.

World Movement

* Fixed additional instances where players were sometimes randomly teleported when other people use portals.
    * Players can now use the /stuck command when in Ghost form.
    * Fixed rare instances where certain areas were impassible.

Miscellaneous

* Fixed a bug where Founders saw all character names in blue text.
    * Fixed rare issues with being unable to properly apply the Multiplayer patch.
    * Fixed a bug with mods on weapons not being properly equipped when loading a character.
    * Fixed rare cases where the PRD became unusable.
    * Fixed a bug where numerous pets would show up in Stations.

Special Subscriber Features

12 new Unique Items
New unique weapons spread across all three factions.

We have a few Holiday goodies in our bag of tricks, including a very special gift that keeps on giving!

The Transmogrifier
This mystic box transforms the junk you put in it into something new and wonderful. When you discover a new Transmogrifier formula, it is automatically stored in a special recipe list.

Wintry Chapeau
This festive winter cap will give you good luck and cheer all the year round.

Fester Festivus
Quest for a jolly new fiendish friend decked out in holiday garb.

8 New-Year Dye Kits
Celebrate the New Year with special winter colors for your armor.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 06:43:10 AM

The Transmogrifier
This mystic box transforms the junk you put in it into something new and wonderful. When you discover a new Transmogrifier formula, it is automatically stored in a special recipe list.
Oh lawd is dat some horadric cube?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 07:18:22 AM

The Transmogrifier
Oh lawd is dat some horadric cube?

Awesome.

Also: "* Added an auto-transparency feature to the chat interface. This feature can be toggled in the Game Options menu." Thank God.

I gotta say, so far, very very happy with the speed they're patching at.  It's like EQ2, so fast and in the right directions.  At this rate, I'll probably start playing again around the next patch.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Patch 0.6 and 0.7 is on the Way  
Jump to: