Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:08:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: patch 0.5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: patch 0.5  (Read 17476 times)
Aez
Terracotta Army

on: November 20, 2007, 06:46:09 PM

Patch time :

General
All players now have 24 character slots.
Fixed a known issue with the inventory user interface that caused the client to lock up.
Fixed a bug which caused the Mini-game to sometimes become stuck.
Added a /help command to provide assistance using available / commands.
Some new posters have been added to stations, so check them out!

Chat
Made several chat interface improvements and the text entry more intuitive:

Chat window is now open by default in multiplayer.
Fixed chat window closing when traveling between zones.
Fixed several cases where the chat window would obstruct other UI components.
Chat context (such as Party and Guild) is now more clearly defined in the text entry window, including a color-coded border.
Chat window is now more transparent.
Added /g command. This is equivalent to /gchat command (guild chat).
Whisper text now shows up on all chat tabs.
Whisper messages and admin announcements auto-open the chat panel.
Auto-switch to the appropriate tab (such as Party and Guild) if you type text to that channel and are not in a tab that shows the text.
PageUp/PageDown cycle through chat tabs when text entry is active.
Chat panel now auto-opens if you type text and press Enter while the panel is closed.
Chat text entry deactivates after entering text.
Chat panel no longer closes if you press Enter on a blank line.
Additional miscellaneous bug fixes.

Items
Fixed known bugs that caused players to sometimes lose items.
Fixed a bug with the Nanoforge that caused it to inaccurately modify the stats of higher-quality items.
Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Unique items to drop without special properties. Old unique items that did not have special properties are not changed by this patch. We are looking into whether we can fix the old items, but we don’t currently have a solution.

Quests
Fixed various known issues which prevented players from being able to continue interrupted side-quests.
Quest items should no longer remain in the player inventory after the associated quest has been completed. Players with old quest items (such as Train Parts) associated with quests they’ve already completed or no longer have should find these items removed upon logging in.
Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented players from receiving credit for killing the “5 Lies” in The Hellgate quest. Players should now be able to properly advance in this quest.
In order to obtain the Fawkes Force Five item, the player must have completed Stopping Some Guy quest and not have the ‘Blueprints of Fawkes Force Five’ or ‘Fawkes Force Five’ in their inventory or stash. If they completed the quest and don’t have the Blueprints or Fawkes Force Five, then it rewards them with a completed Fawkes Force Five.

Engineers
Fixed known bugs which prevented Engineer Drones from saving properly.

PvP
Fixed an incorrect modifier causing Special Effect Attack Strengths in PvP situations to be much higher than intended.

Connection Issues
Fixed known issues which sometimes caused players to be disconnected and receive an erroneous network error message.
Fixed an issue where some home routers would disconnect a user due to an inactive connection.
Fixed known bugs which sometimes disconnected players during multiplayer quests.
Fixed problems with NetLimiter 1.30 and some older versions of Norton Antivirus and McAfee Antivirus which would make the user entirely unable to connect to the game.

World Movement
Fixed known issues which occasionally prevented characters from being able to load or switch instances.
Fixed several issues with players getting stuck in the world.
Fixed a bug causing players to become stuck at St. Pauls in Nightmare difficulty.
Portals to party members should now automatically close if the associated party member leaves the game.

Patch Notes Disclaimer: We make every effort to include all upcoming changes in our patch notes, but please be aware that occasionally changes are unintentionally omitted.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 03:04:58 AM

Did this go live?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 07:16:38 AM

Did this go live?

Yes, and it works gloriously.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 08:15:32 AM

Impressions so far:

* Chat open by default but still ugly and bothering as hell.
* Melee lag completely absent. Not even a millisecond of it. Could it be?

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 08:20:32 AM

Presumable patch 1.0 will signal the end of beta. awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 08:23:39 AM

Oh right, thank you for reminding me to cancel my subscription.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 08:28:29 AM

Fixed known bugs which prevented Engineer Drones from saving properly. Really. We mean it this time.
awesome, for real

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 08:35:52 AM

Fixed known bugs which prevented Engineer Drones from saving properly. Really. We mean it this time.
awesome, for real

Did they fix this? I'm holding off on the Engie class until their damn pets work.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 09:13:34 AM

No idea, they've claimed to fix it 5 or so times now... My 'neer is specced without anything in the drone because they failed so many times.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 10:58:23 AM

I noticed a lot more horrific lag last night compared to before, and one of my partymates has started CTDing every hour or so now, usually fairly reliably in the same spots in certain levels. It's a mixed bag.

They say they've tracked down the invisible party member bug and will be fixing that soon, which will be nice...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 11:00:16 AM

The chat box still can't be resized and it doesn't fade and it makes no sense.  I will continue not to use it.  I've only  been playing once in a while anyway, and mostly off line because I'm all buggy and laggy and icky and stuff.  Especially since the patch. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 01:07:27 PM

I've had no problems with loosing items on my drone.  Then again I didn't have any bugs till last night where we got the invisible party member bug.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 01:53:19 PM

I've had no problems with loosing items on my drone.  Then again I didn't have any bugs till last night where we got the invisible party member bug.

There's an easy workaround that my party has been using. It occurs when you enter an instance from another instance instead of a hub - whoever loads in second/third/etc. cannot see people that load in first. What you do is have one guy go through to the next zone and everyone else uses the free recall ability you get. When the first guy finishes loading in, everyone else party-portals to him from the hub.

This also becomes convenient later on, when you need to run back to town after every instance anyway in order to turn in the 2 quests for the completed instance and get the next 2 quests for the instance you're about to start. What we do then is have the first guy wait until everyone else has returned from town via party portal, recall to town, turn stuff in, and then party-portal back to the dudes waiting around in the new instance.

Still annoying, but not as bad as going "Can you see me? I can see you. Shit. Okay, recalling. Okay, portaling back. Can you see me? I can see you..." Adding secret passageways (which count as new instances for these purposes and cannot be recalled out of/party-portaled into is far more irritating.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 01:59:21 PM

Oh so that's what a party portal is! I thought it was a portal to a "party" party, and I was feeling glum cuz I couldn't go. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 02:30:53 PM

awesome, for real

Did they fix this? I'm holding off on the Engie class until their damn pets work.

Kind of.  Now when you first log in your drone defaults to its basic laser until you unequip its gun, drop it to your inventory, and reequip the drone.  Nice Q&A on the fix  swamp poop
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 02:11:49 AM

While the memory leak may not be fixed, it does seem to be running smoother and better looking than before.  Maybe I'm just thinking this because I spent the last few days playing Mass Effect.  I can say that I've just used Patch 0.5 to run through Techsmith 314's mind and hit the station again, it seems to be running just fine, but checking the task manager showed the client was pushing 1.1GB of RAM.  Perhaps that's an improvement, it usually crashed at about the 1.05GB mark before.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: patch 0.5  
Jump to: