Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:24:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Valve to Vivendi: Bite me. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Valve to Vivendi: Bite me.  (Read 16881 times)
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 19, 2004, 04:55:43 AM

Quote from: Fabricated
Edit: GOLD.

November 16th. About fucking time.

The only thing that makes me happy about this is that Vampire: Bloodlines can finally be shipped. Wooha!

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
WonderBrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 19, 2004, 07:48:10 AM

Quote from: schild
Why the fuck do I have to remind people of this. IT'S THE SLEEPER SHOOTERS THAT SHOCK AND AWE, THE SLEEPER SHOOTERS!

STALKER might be the next sleeper shooter.  Semi-RPGish/Morrowind-ish in a modern FPS world.  Based loosely on The 1979 Russian movie by the same name, it will almost certainly have a sci-fi/fantasy twist.

"Please dont confuse roleplaying with rollplaying. Thanks."   -Shannow

"Just cuz most MMO use the leveling treadmill doesn't mean I have to lower my "fun standards" to the common acceptance. Simply put, I'm not gonna do that."  -I flyin high
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 19, 2004, 07:51:15 AM

Quote from: WonderBrick
STALKER might be the next sleeper shooter.  Semi-RPGish/Morrowind-ish in a modern FPS world.  Based loosely on The 1979 Russian movie by the same name, it will almost certainly have a sci-fi/fantasy twist.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R is a sleeper now? It's being pimped quite vivedly over here. I was a bit upset when they cut co-op out of it though.

Wiiiiii!
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 19, 2004, 08:37:52 AM

Still waiting on Call of Cthulhu.
schild
Administrator

Reply #74 on: October 19, 2004, 08:42:16 AM

Stalker is actually based on the movie? Hmmm...I'll believe that when I see it. They may SAY THAT but there's just no way.
WonderBrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 19, 2004, 09:19:59 AM

True, STALKER has been pimped alot, over time.  But I don't think alot of people have caught on to the potential unique gameplay it might end up having.  Strangely enough, at one point, the devs did not even seem to have a firm grasp on how to get the gameplay to work.

And it is supposedly based loosely(keyword: loosely) on the movie.  I think that this aspect is fairly guarded, due to wanting to keep the game's story fresh.  I hope that means that the game possibly plays a bit different each time it is played through completely.  They have also gone to great lengths to recreate some of the looks that the film had.  Hopefully I am not reading to much into things said in the past.

"Please dont confuse roleplaying with rollplaying. Thanks."   -Shannow

"Just cuz most MMO use the leveling treadmill doesn't mean I have to lower my "fun standards" to the common acceptance. Simply put, I'm not gonna do that."  -I flyin high
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #76 on: October 19, 2004, 10:17:38 AM

Quote from: Zetleft

I don't dare get my hopes up.  It could be really awesome, or it could crash and burn spectacularly.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 19, 2004, 10:23:54 AM

Quote from: Samwise
Quote from: Zetleft

I don't dare get my hopes up.  It could be really awesome, or it could crash and burn spectacularly.

I keep myself in a "This game will suck more than Enter the Matrix"-mode in order to keep my hopes from being crushed. I could way too easily fall into fanboihood over anything Cthulhu-related.

Wiiiiii!
Liquidator
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: October 19, 2004, 09:19:07 PM

Ok, so I'm a sucker for having the original box, documentation and all the other goodies that come from a retail product - I collect them.  But here I am faced with the Collector's edition that comes on a DVD, unfortunately, I don't have a DVD-ROM drive.  So if I want to get a boxed copy not only do I have to spend $80 on the game itself, but I've got to buy a DVD drive.  Fortunately, those can be had for around $25-35 dollars now.

So do I feed my desire for boxed originals or go with the Steam version?  What are you all planning on doing?

Edit:

Soukyan brings up a good point that Vampire: Bloodlines can now be shipped - that was something that I hadn't thought of, so this news is twice as good.  Is Vampires: Bloodlines even finished?  I haven't been keeping up on its development.

schild
Administrator

Reply #79 on: October 19, 2004, 09:32:07 PM

I'm buying the box when it hits store shelves. I may preorder to get the silver version. The only way I'll get the $90 one is if the hat is really really fucking cool.

I actually wouldn't even get the game if I could find my original Half Life 1 key. Found the cd, just need to find the manual.

Meh, I'd like to play through HL1 with the source engine though. I really hated the original engine. It ruined all the great multiplayer mods that came out for it for me.

Vampire: Bloodlines comes out the same day as Halo 2. Now that's a pain in the ass. I was looking forward to playing Halo 2 MP with the guys at the office and now that I know Bloodlines is coming out, I'm unhappy....to say the least.
schild
Administrator

Reply #80 on: October 20, 2004, 07:10:03 AM

New Vampire: Bloodlines trailer available. I'm looking more forward to this game every day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Valve to Vivendi: Bite me.  
Jump to: