Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:09:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Good duo (or trio)? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good duo (or trio)?  (Read 7712 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

on: November 19, 2007, 08:15:31 AM

I played this at launch and catassed the hell out of it (first warlock on my server to 50! Yay, I have a huge epeen and no life...), then quit for a while. Came back when KoS launched to try out PVP, which was made of fail and lose.

Going back for round 3 this weekend, and bringing the gf along for the ride (her playing means more time for me to play), so I'm looking for a good pair of classes to duo. A friend is going to roll an alt to play with us when he can, and he'll play whatever works well.

Ideas? We'll probably start in Neriak, as I don't have the cash for 2 copies of RoK atm, and the FP stuff is old news. Me and my buddy are veterans, my gf is an MMO n00b.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 08:28:21 AM

SK/Inq
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 08:41:25 AM

zerk/fury - Fury gets you ports.

I have never played WoW.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 09:34:39 AM

Hmm I could probably get her to play a fury too, she loves druids in D&D... But I already have a 30ish zerker... Didn't really want to run around mentored the whole time, though that would earn him some AAs.

Are scouts and casters all bad at duoing?

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 09:40:13 AM

You'll have to start in various places but Conjuror + Necro and have your friend play an Illusionist = EZ mode.

I have also two boxed the following combos and they've worked well:

SK/Inq - Slow kills until the Inq gets down the Battle Priest AA spec but very survivable.

Monk + Fury - Fast kills and good enough heals for most heroic content.

Bruiser + Warden - Just started these 2 and only up to level 9 as Sarnaks. Will probably play more this weekend on this duo to check out the RoK content.

Swashbuckler + Illusionist - Mostly just messed with solo type content and it is totally unfair. Then again my Swash is raid geared and can easily do most of the same content solo but with the Illy it's just sick.

Conjuror + Necro (both w/ dps pets) = Sick killing of solo mobs. Only problem is I burn through 100% vit on both chars in less than an hour so I end up benching them for a week and playing something else.

I've recently started messing with a few other less traditional combo's (Conj. + Ranger, Pally + Warlock) but haven't done enough to see how they'll work out. Part of the problem is my chars are all various levels and when I take my 70 Swash down to mentor a 20ish Mystic content is just too easy since the mentored down char are ridiculously overpowered at those levels. Even mentored down to that level my swash will one-shot most same level mobs.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 06:07:24 AM

She's going to go fury, my friend is rolling a zerker; I'm feeling either brigand or assassin, not sure which.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 06:14:30 AM

She's going to go fury, my friend is rolling a zerker; I'm feeling either brigand or assassin, not sure which.

If your zerker friend will always be around go assassin. They will have slightly better DPS in a group situation. If you will sometimes be solo'ing or duo'ing with the Fury go Brigand. They are not quite as squishy.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 09:20:33 AM

Thanks Delt, brig it is. I'll be duoing about half the time, as the zerk has a crappy work schedule.

As a duo, we should stick to solo content, right? About what level heroics could the trio take? Whites, blues?

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 09:33:06 AM

As a duo, we should stick to solo content, right? About what level heroics could the trio take? Whites, blues?

That's a tough question to answer. It really depends on how good your gear is, your level of skill upgrades, your AA level and specs, and just general play ability.

A reasonably well upgraded trio of that sort should be able to take on even level heroic content without too much trouble. Probably even some yellow heroics if your on the ball.

The duo could probably do low blue heroic, or green heroic. You'll be able to fly through all even con or lower solo content. Any more though you almost have to stick to solo content to keep your AA's at a reasonable level.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 11:14:05 AM

Thanks Delt, brig it is. I'll be duoing about half the time, as the zerk has a crappy work schedule.

The rogue classes are not good against multiple opponents since their best damage is from flanking or sneak attacks, so any heroic encounter with more than one mob will be tough to beat without the zerk.

How successful a duo or trio is against heroics completely depends upon the level of your CAs. If everyone has adept3s, then your trio can probably take blue heroics. With just adept1s, stick to greens. As a trio, you should be able to complete almost all Heritage Quests before they go grey, except Journeyman's Boots whhich really require a bard to do easily but a scout's evac + fury's cheetah can also be very helpful.

I have never played WoW.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 07:46:25 AM

The rogue classes are not good against multiple opponents since their best damage is from flanking or sneak attacks, so any heroic encounter with more than one mob will be tough to beat without the zerk.

Brigs actually can do a fair amount of their damage from the front and with the AA 'Walk the Plank' skill you don't have to move around to get flank attacks.  Plus brigs (and Swashies) can get a 1 min recycle 100% Feign Death.

I have a 64 assassin and I would recommend brig unless you will be grouped always and always be with someone who will hold aggro.

Also, with any rogue class, poisons are your friend.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Good duo (or trio)?  
Jump to: