Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:34:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Any InfoPath / Excel jockies here? (paid freelance gig) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any InfoPath / Excel jockies here? (paid freelance gig)  (Read 2241 times)
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

on: November 17, 2007, 10:22:25 PM

What I need:

A VERY small file (not even sure if it's the right word...) that I can send to someone, they fill it out, email it back to me, and when I open it, it automatically inputs the information onto a template that THEN filters it out to various forms.  It's basically a survey of information such as the ship's name, IMO number, GRT, NRT, and all sorts of other information that I need.

The company I worked for previous had an excel spreadsheet that we would email to ships when we had to file their ENOA/D.  The ship would open the excel file, fill in the information, email it back and it would fill out the infopath file, which we would then send to the NVMC.

There will be two stages to this.  First, will be the creation of the 'file' based on information needed from the vessel.  The second part will be creating in excel (or whatever) the 50 or so forms I'll need to go with it.  Right now, I'm using some decent homemade excel forms for various CF-XXXX, Berth Applications, etc, that are all linked to one page but I'm looking to make it more streamlined.  Here is an example of a CBP form I'll need made up in excel.

Not looking for a freebie here.  Will discuss compensation privately.  I'm looking for something polished, working, and professional. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 10:24:45 PM by SnakeCharmer »
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 10:28:37 PM

You'll probably get better response in general, moving it there. Also adding (freelance gig) to the title.

I never even thought about this sort of thing on f13. Paid jobs, clever.

Also, topical, I know nothing about Excel.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 10:30:34 PM

Thanks.  Wasn't sure where to put it, so took a stab at the other one.

There's some talent folks around here.  May as well get some work out of them.
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:38:03 AM

pretty good with excel & VBA but I stopped doing excel crap prior to me hearing about infopath (4 years or so ago).  Only chiming in because it seems this would be a much better project to do as a webpage + database backend.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 05:31:30 PM

Yah sounds like you are trying to accomplish something the hard way. PHP+MySQL ftw!

- Viin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Any InfoPath / Excel jockies here? (paid freelance gig)  
Jump to: