Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:25:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: The declining dollar? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The declining dollar?  (Read 3572 times)
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

on: November 15, 2007, 12:15:16 PM

Well not sure if it's the expansion or the declining US dollar but platinum is now almost 3:1 over the dollar on the exchange. The cheapest price is around $25 for 10 plat but the norm is around $3 per platinum at the moment.

I have to say it's been a fun experiment playing on an Exchange server. It's not as bas as I initially though it would be. There really aren't that many people I would say are complete asshole farmers and to be honest there are probably less foreign farmers on the exchange than other servers due to the exchange being restricted to the US.

Its also a nice side effect that I've been able to make just about enough plat each month to twink a couple characters and then sell 10 plat or so on the exchange to pay for my account.

I'm curious as to the reaction and if anyone else has tried out the Bazaar server. I know plat selling is usually a frowned upon topic here but seeing as SOE has made it ok I'm curious what people think.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:19:03 PM

$3 per platinum? jesus, I should make characters with dragon eggs on that server.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:24:03 PM

Just checked IGE.com and its about $1.45 per plat on most servers.  Makes sense that the illegal plat would be cheaper but that is a big discount to exchange server rates.

I have never played WoW.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 12:33:31 PM

Just checked IGE.com and its about $1.45 per plat on most servers.  Makes sense that the illegal plat would be cheaper but that is a big discount to exchange server rates.

Hmm... I never thought of checking IGE to see how much it was there. I wonder if I could buy plat from IGE then sell it on the Exchange for crazy profit! I'm sure that wouldn't get me banned or anything...

Fuck, Hartsman forget you read that...
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 01:09:52 PM

A bit of patience had me at 5 plat at level 12 with my illusionist and on a nice 32% horse at level 18 (could of been sooner but the thought that I could already be on a horse at that level didn't occur to me). There's just no way I'd buy plat for EQ2.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: The declining dollar?  
Jump to: