Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:57:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: So what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving?  (Read 18727 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: November 15, 2007, 12:11:43 PM

I’m going over to my brothers, we started going there because he has children... For thanksgiving, it think its great, it means he gets to cook, and deal with the mess, for x-mass, it sucks, i want to just walk out in my slippers-of-death and drink coffee and eat coffee cake. But that’s for another thread...

So, what’s everyone else doing for thanks giving?

No, i still don’t know why i make these threads...so just post..

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:26:24 PM

Thanksgiving was last month.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:41:08 PM

I don't know why you make these threads, either. 

I'm going to bake Gordon a raspberry pie and watch sports or sommat.  That's it.  Anyway, see you next month.  (in your what is everyone doing for  Christmas thread)

Am I still here?  Good Grief.  I totally wandered off and forgot to finish posting this! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 12:42:39 PM

Eating.

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 12:45:19 PM

I'm about 100% sure I won't be doing something that I want to be doing, but something that my wife wants to be doing.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 12:57:39 PM

Maybe she will make you some crybaby soup!

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 01:01:25 PM

Maybe she will make you some crybaby soup!

That's fine as long as I can play XBOX 360 while watching the football while drinking beer while eating pie.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 01:07:29 PM

My fiance is cooking her first Thanksgiving dinner and having her folks over. It should be awesome fun considering she's not doing it the way her overly critical father would do it!

awesome, for real

P.S. I'm still learning the board intricacies. Is green text sarcasm? Because "awesome fun" would totally be in green text if I understand that bit correctly.
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 01:21:43 PM

Eat
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 01:24:27 PM

I'm going over to my aunt's house with my other relatives on my Mother's side. We usually have a huge dinner and then we watch the Cowboys, which is sweet.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 01:40:14 PM

Dinner with either my mom's side of the family or my dad's side of the family.  I need to make inquiries to find out who misses me more.  Both will have turkey and pie, so I win either way.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 01:42:20 PM

Dinner with either my mom's side of the family or my dad's side of the family.  I need to make inquiries to find out who misses me more.  Both will have turkey and pie, so I win either way.

I'm going to be on my first vacation in three years  in Paris drinking cheap wine and sampling fine french cuisine like freedom fries and brie.   Or, most likely, being dragged out to a restaurant by the wife and being assraped by the Dollar to Euro exchange rate.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 01:42:54 PM

That's fine as long as I can play XBOX 360 while watching the football while drinking beer while eating pie.

What kind of rig would you have to do all four at once?

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 01:45:02 PM

P.S. I'm still learning the board intricacies. Is green text sarcasm? Because "awesome fun" would totally be in green text if I understand that bit correctly.

Try it and see what happens. Also, it's more fun if some people miss the sarcasm. No... really...

On the Thanksgiving note, we will be celebrating at home with some delicious Tofurkey™ and various home cooked vegan dishes.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 01:47:24 PM by Soukyan »

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 01:48:39 PM

What kind of rig would you have to do all four at once?

Basement:
Sony SXRD w/ PIP
360 w/ Mass Effect
Cable TV w/ NFL
Elite Receiver Surround
Laz-y-boy Reclining Couch
Fuzzy Throw Blanket
Minifridge w/ Shinerbock and Fat Tire
Andy's Homemade Banana Cream Pie and Amy's Homemade Pumpkin Pie

And a god damn fork.

However, I will end up at someone's house pretending to make idle chat about THE WEATHER or THE NEW HOUSE FOR SALE DOWN THE BLOCK or OMG, DID YOU GET A HAIR CUT? instead of the aforementioned awesomeness.
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 01:49:49 PM

flying home to CA to introduce the lil one to the family. 
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 01:52:36 PM

If you post in here, you have to fill this out.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 02:21:27 PM

Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 02:21:47 PM

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 02:27:29 PM

Dinner with the fam. Will be the first time my parents, and all 3 of us kids will be there for thanksgiving at the same time in years and years.

I will be trading some computer work for my eats though.  Their system needs a complete windows recovery. 

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 03:56:55 PM

Going to my sister's near Oberlin. Anything to do in that area?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 04:06:00 PM

(The things I do to burn time while Crysis is installing.)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 07:18:13 AM

hahahahaha, good stuff.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 07:43:52 AM

You can't add rules later on, you know.  It's against the law!

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 08:16:26 AM

Going to my sister's near Oberlin. Anything to do in that area?

Oberlin Ohio?   Not really much there outside of the College. But you are pretty close to Cleveland where you could do the usual touristy things of going to the Rock Hall or catching a Cavs game. Or if you are a 20-something who like clubs/bars head into Cleveland any time that weekend and head to the warehouse district (West 3rd through West 9th) and hit some bars/clubs there. Lots of young good looking folks in that area...

As for me I'll be spending Thursday at my mother-in-laws where it will be me, my wife, my mother-in-law and some of her friends, which means me (my wife) and 5-6 other women in their 60's. Yeah, not exactly the sport watching type crowd  cry More the eating cheese and drinking wine type crowd.

Sunday it's over to my parents house for the sports watching, beer drinking, falling asleep on the couch type Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily my folks were willing to do it on Sunday this year so we don't have to do 2 dinners in one day. Although that still wouldn't have been as bad when the father-in-law was in town 2 years ago and we had 3 thanksgiving dinners in one day  swamp poop

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 08:26:41 AM

My lovely wife will be cooking dinner for my entire family at my mom's house, where we will then retire to the living room to watch football in post-turkoitus afterglow.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 08:29:14 AM

As my wife's parents are divorced, we'll be bouncing from her mothers side to her fathers side all day long.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 08:38:30 AM

Basement:
Sony SXRD w/ PIP
360 w/ Mass Effect
Cable TV w/ NFL
Elite Receiver Surround
Laz-y-boy Reclining Couch
Fuzzy Throw Blanket
Minifridge w/ Shinerbock and Fat Tire
Andy's Homemade Banana Cream Pie and Amy's Homemade Pumpkin Pie

And a god damn fork.

My Thanksgiving plans just changed.  Leave the key under the mat, please.  HEY-O!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007, 08:52:10 AM

Gaming and watching football with PiP is tricky, but quite doable.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 10:16:06 AM

You can't add rules later on, you know.  It's against the law!

I will keep this in mind for the future.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 10:44:32 AM

And I'm sure you'll ignore it in the future.  I can tell that you are one of those feisty rebellious sorts. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #31 on: November 16, 2007, 10:57:11 AM

You can't add rules later on, you know.  It's against the lawl!

I agree.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 16, 2007, 12:39:46 PM

My lovely wife will be cooking dinner for my entire family at my mom's house, where we will then retire to the living room to watch football in post-turkoitus afterglow.

I just don't like the idea of post-turkoitus. It makes me think you're fucking a turkey, Haem.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 16, 2007, 02:03:12 PM

This will be the first Thanksgiving I haven't had to work in 5 or 6 years!  HOODY HOO.

Ill be eating dinner over a friend's house, then hopefully after cleanup we shall play Federation Commander or Squad Leader and little cardboard chits will be moved across a hexagon grid map.
I've asked what to bring, as in pie, cupcakes, or the popular favorite LIQUOR, (What kinda wine goes good with turkey?)  but his wife doesn't know what she needs yet.

My cousin mentioned me eating at his place, but he hasn't said anything yet, and usually eats earlier than I wake up.  And isn't a nerd like me.  Gaming after dinner beats visiting for an hour or two including food then leaving.

(Ill probably go there for Christmas.  He and his dad are coming over monday to take a TV I offered them off my hands for nothing, so if they mention the day of Turkey ill bring up the holiday of consumer suffering.)
WayAbvPar

Reply #34 on: November 16, 2007, 02:04:22 PM

I just don't like the idea of post-turkoitus. It makes me think you're fucking a turkey, Haem.

Just because you don't understand another culture's traditions doesn't necessarily make them wrong.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: So what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving?  
Jump to: