Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:37:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Things that Chap my Asshole, Vol 1, Issue 1: Game Journalists 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that Chap my Asshole, Vol 1, Issue 1: Game Journalists  (Read 14702 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: November 13, 2007, 03:26:50 PM

Things that Chap my Asshole, Vol 1, Issue 1: Game Journalists

Game journalists, today is your day.  Your day to read what I think about what you (and I) do.  Wallow in your significance.

» Read More
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 04:11:02 PM

The whole article is ironic, yes?
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 04:30:09 PM

Irony: The disparity between what is said and what is meant. You decide.  rolleyes

Edit: I think I would read any game review where I did not have to waddle through the passive tense for four paragraphs. Also, precise diction might garner my attention more as well.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 05:02:36 PM

So what do Game Journalists get, 2 out of 5 stars or 4 out of 10 on the Yegolev scale?

First thing I wanted to respond when reading this was "Slow News Day?"

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 05:11:48 PM

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 09:28:06 PM

I wanted to read his review but there were too many words, does someone have the numbers for the game he reviewed?

geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 09:35:43 PM

I wanted to read his review but there were too many words, does someone have the numbers for the game he reviewed?
Truth.

This article will be appreciated all the more when it's revealed that Tabula Rasa will score (averaged between reviewers) higher than Hellgate: London.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 04:22:06 AM

First thing I wanted to respond when reading this was "Slow News Day?"

This is because you live in the past.  I give this comment three out of thirteen helium atoms.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 04:24:32 AM

How many moles is that, Yeg? I can't process atoms.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 04:33:09 AM

Damn college kids, remembering science.  awesome, for real

Wait for the MetaElement Score where I average across all stable nuclear weights.  Or maybe I can just use iron atoms.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 06:13:34 AM

Tabula Rasa will score (averaged between reviewers) higher than Hellgate: London.
I would agree TR is a better game than HL.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 06:56:39 AM

Really?  Gee, I like HG:L but I thought TR was just awful in beta.  Well, to be fair, it didn't seem so terrible at the start of beta but every time the added an update it got worse and worse.  The last one, not too long before release, was dreadful.

Cory Jacobs
Terracotta Army

It's so bad.

Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 08:09:54 AM

I give the article itself a 4.4, and schild himself a -0.8.

A - Z is for Cory, who is awesome in every way.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 08:34:07 AM

Really?  Gee, I like HG:L but I thought TR was just awful in beta.  Well, to be fair, it didn't seem so terrible at the start of beta but every time the added an update it got worse and worse.  The last one, not too long before release, was dreadful.
Ok, since we're being fair, I was in an early alpha stage and hadn't played TR since May. And only played the HL demo twice.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 01:30:49 PM

Some people have posted that TR has improved since I last tried it.  There was one update a couple of months ago or so that completely did it in for me.  Before that, I kind of liked it.  Righ played the beta and was enjoying it until around that time, too.  To be very honest, HG:L has a lot to attend to, also.  I have a feeling that  if TR has really improved and continues to do so, and HG:L stay true to their words, they'll probably both end up at about a 75% on the fun scale for me.  That's more than I expect from most online games.  I expect a LOT more from my console games, however.

geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 01:54:13 PM

I could write up a Tabula Rasa support thread of Vanboi proportions.  However, suffice to say, the game mechanic is a lot more solid than beta impressions indicated.  Now, they just need to get around to adding not only the end game but the mid-game as well, and we'd have ourselves a fabulous game (at least so far as MMORPG scales are concerned).
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 07:25:55 AM

I could write up a Tabula Rasa support thread of Vanboi proportions. 

How long after that until you butcher your password again?

Rimshot

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 01:23:25 PM

Prolly never.  Half the reason I butchered my password was because I figured I was procrastinating too much.  I've since decided I'll procrastinate regardless of the destination in which I do so.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 06:05:24 PM

I am against procrastination.  I still feel guilty about having my kitten's bollocks lopped off.    You should reconsider.

geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 06:33:54 PM

I should have phrased that better.  It's not that I'm approving of procrastination.  It's that I'm now under the realization that, when I'm procrastinating, it's not a matter of where.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 11:19:17 PM

Won't this article hurt schild's chances to break into the gaming industry, which is always the secret goal of [CURRENT WEBSITE MODERATOR] of [PRESENT LTM COMMUNITY ITERATION]?   awesome, for real

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 11:25:32 PM

Huh?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 01:44:08 AM

Yeah, huh? schild was in the "gaming industry" already.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #23 on: November 19, 2007, 08:39:54 AM

He already broke in and then broke out, now he's breaking it down.

awesome, for real

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 09:40:53 AM

Things that chap my asshole: Harsh toilet paper, too much hot sauce on my burrito, Ann Coulter. Last week, GameStop only gave me twenty cents for Max Payne 2.

There are some game journalists I enjoy reading, even if I don't always agree with them. I think Tom Chick is alright... He's really the only one I can think of. (BTW, he was harsh towards HG:L)

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 09:44:46 AM

I give this article and the resulting thread a 6.83748/10.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 09:53:05 AM

Things that chap my asshole: Harsh toilet paper, too much hot sauce on my burrito, Ann Coulter.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Things that Chap my Asshole, Vol 1, Issue 1: Game Journalists  
Jump to: