Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:37:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: TF2 TONIGHT (Motherfuckers TONIGHT! 11/13 or 13/11 for you EUROTYPES) - 6PM PST 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TF2 TONIGHT (Motherfuckers TONIGHT! 11/13 or 13/11 for you EUROTYPES) - 6PM PST  (Read 12490 times)
schild
Administrator

on: November 13, 2007, 03:19:22 PM

OK GUYS, YOU GET TO BE GUINEA PIGS.

Gonna upload a shitload of random maps. We'll all play, if it sucks, I'll push the NEXT MAP, SUCKA button.

Should be fun.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 03:27:51 PM by schild »
Obo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 03:28:00 PM

Could ya maybe load mine in there? I'm sure as soon as everyone discovers how much of an unbelievably laggy piece of poorly designed shit it is, it will be shipped off to the 'never again' list.  awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 03:28:29 PM

Oh right. Shoot it over to me real fast: schild@f13.net.

AND MAKE IT SO IT'S NAMED: OBOS_MAP_GOD_FORGIVE_US
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 03:29:32 PM

Awesome. Good thing I just repaired my shitty windows install.

Though, I want to play me some Ace Combat and Mass Effect... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 03:30:33 PM

That comes out next week. And the new Ace Combat sucks. I want to see you whoring off your sniper rifle to the highest bidder.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 03:31:58 PM

Dammit! I won't be back in range of my computer until this weekend. Sorry.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 03:34:16 PM

Where the hell do you think you're going? I better hear Kalamazoo or another city that would have been better off named.
Strazos

Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 03:36:08 PM

That comes out next week. And the new Ace Combat sucks. I want to see you whoring off your sniper rifle to the highest bidder.

Mass Effect has been in stores for about 2 days. K-Mart broke streetdate.

I work at Gamestop.  awesome, for real

Also, while I will be on to get my snipe on, I really like the new Ace Combat. With the Hori Ace Stick thing. I haven't played an Ace Combat game since....um....1? And, it looks fantastic on my shitty SDTV.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Strazos

Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 03:36:25 PM

Where the hell do you think you're going? I better hear Kalamazoo or another city that would have been better off named.

I'm guessing Howell, NJ.

Fear the Backstab!
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 03:40:08 PM

Nah, I'm in OBX right now. I have been since the marathon last weekend.

(It's Homdel, Straz :D )
Obo
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 03:42:57 PM

Sent.
Although obos_map_raptor_jesus_forgive_us seems to be a bit too long for the loading screen....
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 03:44:43 PM

Nah, I'm in OBX right now. I have been since the marathon last weekend.

(It's Homdel, Straz :D )

JESUS CHRIST, HE EXERCISES. GET IN THE CAR.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 04:32:26 PM

I happen to live in NJ, and there is no Homdel... it's Holmdel.

Is the password gonna be the same?

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 04:32:51 PM

Don't know if there's going to be a password. We'll see if it's necessary.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 04:45:16 PM

I will be there, as long as I can dodge any obligation to go eat steak with my downstairs neighbor (he's been trying to get me to come to this bar where they serve steak on Tuesdays since I moved in) I fully intend to use any lies necessarry to dodge away though.

Plus I need to double check if my soldier skills are better or not, I'm still not quite consistent but I've about doubled my /played since the MnM scrim.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 05:52:18 PM

Seems fairly borked. Won't let em download obo's 'forgive me raptor jesus' map

Edit: seems sort of fixed, starts to download.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 05:54:20 PM by rattran »
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 06:01:03 PM

Start being the operative word... It's moving at an absolute crawl.

TURTLE TO VICOTRY!!

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 06:03:18 PM

It seems to me that this event has altogether too little shooting at Geldonyetich.  Time to finish downloading the rest of the orange box and knock on your server's door.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 06:04:11 PM

It seems to me that this event has altogether too little shooting at Geldonyetich.

(insert obvious joke here)

I kid, I kid.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 06:27:09 PM

I'm in the wrong house.

Heartbreak
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 07:32:02 PM

Sadly, all the new maps SUCK! Obo's has great potential, but they're just too big, and too poorly laid out.
Obo
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 07:59:42 PM

It's only when you see a bunch of others running around it that you realise it might be a little bit too big. I can see where to chop it down. Although it would probably be better off starting from scratch now that I know what half the stuff in the sdk does.
Strazos

Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 08:21:15 PM

I came. I saw. I shot people in the face.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 08:40:32 PM

I was there as "Stromko."  (I do plan to buy my own copy of Orange Box eventually...)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 09:17:56 PM

Ookii you need to switch the server back!
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 09:22:16 PM

Ookii you need to switch the server back!

I was waiting for the server to empty, but it's not!  Unfortunately I'd have to restart the server which will pretty much kill it for the night, I figured we might as well get some use out of it in the meanwhile.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 09:37:32 PM

That's cause I was on and switching the maps manually so people weren't getting too bored.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 10:03:19 PM

Well that was an interesting experiment.  Wow.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 10:21:36 PM

I was hitting pings of 400-500. IT WAS ASTOUNDING! Especially for the headshots I got in the 5 minutes I got to play on Ivory Tower. I then went off to another server where I got ~300 ping. It was funtastic being second best at that ping.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 10:54:59 PM

Just for the official record, I was playing as Ack tonight, a friend of mine in San Antonio who was still on the fence about the Orange Box was playing as Nerf.

Strazos, I hate you.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 06:06:35 AM

I happen to live in NJ...
I am so sorry.

I've played several custom maps I thought would be nice to add to the rotation on other severs; I'll send them along when I find them.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 07:12:59 AM

Here's my rundown from my notes.

Nuke Map_CTF:  This one was sort of well done, and the gimmick amused people.  Honestly I don't think it makes a great deal of sense but people were enjoying it.  The design itself wasn't really terrible, or perhaps nobody was playing to win by the time it came back around when I was there.

420_CTF:  This was the map where you jump out and there is a big ditch in the middle?  Yeah, I think it is.  I'm not a fan.  2Fort with more sniper luv and a harder base to crack.  No thanks.

420_Orange Map (5cap):  Fuck this stupid map.  I hate it.  Please don't make us ever play it again.

420_Sniper (5cap):  This was fun, even though nobody likes snipers.  We never played it w/ balanced teams so it might stalemate out under that circumstance but this map was fun even though it rendered heavy and soldier completely useless.

Hall of Death_CTF:  I have very very mixed feeling about this, actually we managed to have some fun on this.  I hate it personally but it actually seemed to sort of work out.  I think the lesson should be we should keep looking at tiny CTF maps they have potential but there has to be a better one then this.

OBO's Map_CTF:  This would have been pretty good compared to the other stuff we were playing if the textures and lighting had some work.  There really wasn't much of a gimmick, you could tell it was just a figure it out map.  But it honestly played ok.  The floor texture that was mirrored sucks though, make it go away.   Also the overhead lighting glitched in a few places and I remember the water looking gross.

Classic Well_CTF:  I think this might be worth keeping, although I hope they get rid of the grates or something to ease the one bottleneck problem.  I think in an organized environment it might work itself into a super stalemate map but we did manage to have some fun with it.  Also it gets tons of bonus points from TFC players for being one of the old maps.

So there's my rundown, go me!

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
FreshFruit
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 03:04:04 PM

Sniper maps are fun!  :D
when is someone gonna remake Hunted?  :D
Strazos

Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 08:58:14 PM

Sniping from certain spots on Classic Well is WAY too easy with the poor lighting.

Also, bonus points for still making people attack the switches to open the front door.

"Open the door..."
*open*
*Headshot*
"Keke"

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: TF2 TONIGHT (Motherfuckers TONIGHT! 11/13 or 13/11 for you EUROTYPES) - 6PM PST  
Jump to: