Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:14:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: League #427694: MD5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: League #427694: MD5  (Read 4371 times)
schild
Administrator

on: September 27, 2004, 07:03:57 PM

So, here's my pull:

White:
Solar Tide - Awe Strike - Blinding Beam - Metal Fatigue - Raise the Alarm - Stand Firm - Test of Faith - Auriok Glaivemaster - Auriok Transfixer - Leonin Elder - Leonin Skyhunter - Pteron Ghost

Blue:
Condescend - Disarm - Machinate - Regress - Domineer - Inertia Bubble - Neurok Familiar - Somber Hoverguard - Vedalken Engineer

Black:
Consume Spirit - Night's Whisper - Viscious Betrayal - Irradiate - Blind Creeper

Red:
Incite War - Inflame - Mass Hysteria - Goblin Brawler - Ogre Leadfoot - Beacon of Destruction - Electrostatic Bolt - Shatter - Seething Song - Furnace Whelp - Krark Clan Shaman - Rustmouth Ogre - Spikeshot Goblin

Green:
Reap and Sow - Sylvan Scrying - Deconstruct - Slith Predator - Tangle Asp - Tel-Jilad Chosen - Viridian Joiner - Dawn's Reflection - Groffskithur - Wurmskin Forger

Artifacts:
Altar of Shadows - Banshee's Blade - Galvanic Key - 2x Geth's Grimoire - Lantern of Insight - Leonin Bladetrap - Nuisance Engine - Opaline Bracers - Pearl Shard - Serum Powder - Tooth of Chiss-Goria - Ur'Golem's Eye - Whispersilk Cloak - Arcbound Worker - Clockwork Beetle - Clockwork Condor - Elf Replica - Goblin Dirigible - Gold myr - Leaden Myr - Myr Quadropod - Pewter Golem - Spire Golem - Wizard Replica - Yotian Soldier - Bonesplitter - Conjurer's Bauble - Crystal Shard - Lightning Greaves - Slagwurm Armor - Sun Droplet - Wayfarer's Bauble - Frogmite - 2x Hematite Golem - Iron Myr - Solemn Simulacrum

My deck is the following:
Red:
Beacon of Destruction - Electrostatic Bolt - Seething Song - Shatter - Furnace Whelp - Krark Clan Shaman - Rustmouth Ogre - Spikeshot Goblin

Green:
Deconstruct - Reap and Sow - Sylvan Scrying - Slith Predator - Tangle Asp - Tel-Jilad Chosen - Viridian Joiner

Artifacts:
Bonesplitter - Conjurer's Bauble - Crystal Shard - Lightning Greaves - Slagwurm Armor - Sun Droplet - Wayfarer's Bauble - Frogmite - 2x Hematite Golem - Iron Myr - Solemn Simulacrum

Lands: 6x Forest, 7x Mountain

How am I doing?

Badly.

My pull wasn't great. I have some cards that are great on their own (and will help me make my money back after the cards are freed up), but in a deck, there's just not enough consistancy. Sometimes it plays out like a direct damage deck. Other times I'll pull 12 of the 13 creatures in a row and just womp the opponent. Unfortunately, most of the time it's a bastardization of the two. I mean where the hell are my cranial platings or decent armor? Meh. The best thing I can equip the Spikeshot with is a bonesplitter. The creature I win most often with is the Tel-Jilad Chosen and the Furnace Whelp. It's depressing.

Of course - I can probably attribute the complete lack of interest to Mirrodin block.

When Kamigawa comes out, things will change. (If you want to talk about Kamigawa, just start another thread).

Any recommendations? Should I try running Blue/White with the above cards?

Most of you play leagues far more often than I.
Anonymous

Email
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 10:02:18 PM

Your white has to be played.

Blinding beam is often a game winning card in limited. Test of faith can save one of your guys and turn him into a beast. Solar tide can do great things in the right deck. Leonin Skyhunter is good and Transfixer, Glaivemaster and Pteron Ghost are all decent.

You don't have much evasion right now, running white gives you 2 more flyers and blinding beam, which is also basically an evasion card.

I would drop crystal shard and sun droplet. Both are great if you want to play defensively, and shard is also good if you have guys with casting effects. (Trinket mage, for example) But without blue mana and 13 lands, finding the mana to use it effectively would be difficult.

I would go with red/white and try to work a few evasive guys like Goblin Dirigible into the mix. Basically try to get off to a fast start, then let flyers, whippersilk cloak, direct damage and blinding beam finish the job.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 10:35:47 PM

You have a wrath effect and aren't using it? Shame on ya schild.

13 critters and 13 land are both a bit low for my tastes.

I too would add the white for
Auriok Glaivemaster
Auriok Transfixer
Leonin Elder
Leonin Skyhunter
Pteron Ghost
Solar Tide
Blinding Beam
Test of Faith

Red:
Beacon of Destruction
Electrostatic Bolt
Shatter  
Furnace Whelp  
Krark Clan Shaman  
Rustmouth Ogre
Spikeshot Goblin

Green take out altogether

Artifacts:
Bonesplitter
Lightning Greaves
Wayfarer's Bauble  
Frogmite  
2x Hematite Golem  
Iron Myr
Gold Myr  
Solemn Simulacrum
Yotian Soldier  
Whispersilk Cloak
(Crystal Shard is a tough call for me; part of me wants to keep, even if you're not playing blue for synergy with Solemn and the wrath.  In the end i'd try it without)

And go with 7 plains and 8 mountains: 15 lands (plus 2 myr and 1 bauble)
16 critters.

Note, almost all my limited decks end up being 41 cards.  I suck at making the last cut to 40 but it doesnt seem to hurt me.  :)

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 02:24:20 AM

Quote from: Xilren's Twin

Note, almost all my limited decks end up being 41 cards.  I suck at making the last cut to 40 but it doesnt seem to hurt me.  :)

Switched out green for white. Dropped the frogmite (didn't have the artifact support consistantly enough early in the game).

Following match went thusly. Clobbered the opponent the first game. Opening hand was 4 mana (2 plains, 2 mountains) and both Hematite golems. Over on turn 7, he conceded.

Second game, lost. Opening hand had the hematite golem, 3 mana, the transfixer, and the bonesplitter. Dropped the transfixer. Dropped the bonesplitter. The axe got oxidized. Dropped a land, pulled the ogre and attacked with transfixer. Next turn dropped the hematite. Opponent dropped a viridian shaman. Pwned. Opponent continued to wreck havok on me.

Third game. Three mana in the opening hand. Mana screwed. Oh well.

The WR seems more consistant in terms of always having a hematite golem (...) I'll stick with it this week. See what happens.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 10:26:35 AM

Wow, that's a sucky pool to make a deck around. If it wasn't for Solemn Simulacrum I'd feel sorry for you. Black is not even a factor, and green can't be splashed (sometimes you get enough arti hate to make it worth it). And blue... you'd have to be desperate to put that in your deck.

White and red are the best you've got so naturally that's where you go (why did you go green for anyway?).

I'd go with Xilren's Twin's suggestion with a few changes:

Out:

Leonin Eldar - Trust me, I've played this guy more than anyone ever should, he's not worth it, no matter what the deck.

Krark Clan Shaman - You're unlikely to use his ability, and 16 critters is a little excessive to put this guy in here.

Frogmite - You already said why this is a good idea.

Auriok Glaivemaster - 2 equipment isn't enought to make him worth it.

In:

Wizard Replica - 1/3 flying for 3, forget that you're not blue.

Goblin Dirigible - Much better than it seems, it can block until you have the mana to untap it.

Nuisance Engine - Bonesplitter/Cloak + nuisance = some good

1 Mountain - Alot of people advocate 15 lands, but I never like to go that low.

If you get good enough cards to go Tri-color next pack, try to fit in the opaline bracers. I love those things with spikeshot, but they aren't worth it at less than +3/+3.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 10:57:01 PM

Seems the build of this deck is by far the best. To quote my last opponent:

"Did you get the plates on that truck that just ran over me?"
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 03:44:30 PM

Blind Creeper + Test of Faith pwnzerd me.

Game 2: Irony smiled upon me - Spikeshot Goblin + Test of Faith pwnzerd him, and all his fucking creatures. Booyakasha.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: League #427694: MD5  
Jump to: