Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:30:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: f13.net Ivory Tower Server Days: Tuesday and Thursday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: f13.net Ivory Tower Server Days: Tuesday and Thursday  (Read 7140 times)
schild
Administrator

on: November 07, 2007, 07:36:28 AM

Despite all the weirdos who voted Caturday, it tied with Thursday.

As such, I'm using executive authority (along with Ookii) to tell you that Caturday was never really an option. It was the loser's option.

Sorry.

Anyway, OPTIONS:

Do we want to run and test out new custom maps on one of these days?
Do we want to limit the players to 8v8?
Do you want us to put hydro back in?
Do you want us to turn off pyro completely?

Things like this. Anyway, suggestions for these nights because it's special.

Sorry about last night guys, I'm a forgetful bastard. I can tell you what oranges and blues I got in Hellgate though. ^_^
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 07:46:42 AM

-no
-whatever makes sense
-dunno I've only played the maps that we scrim'd on + 2fort extensively
-why?  I can't shake the feeling they got stealth nerfed do you play spy extensively or something?

My suggestions:
-Beating Slayerik was fun, lets do that more often.

-The server has already started to pick up a few "regulars" from the random genpop.  I don't think we should shut it down 2-3 times a week during primetime.  Could we turn Tues/Thurs into pick up games?  We used to do that in Tribes1 and it was awesome.  2 team captains, pick their teams and play an organized game.  Unless we're regularly going to have 12+ f13 people there on these nights in which case make ppl like McVenner join f13 group...  etc

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 08:26:57 AM

Are there really any completely broken facets of the game? I've never noticed pyros being broken. :/

On the other hand, there should be no server limit, just password protection.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 08:41:04 AM

I was just throwing that shit out there. It wasn't 4 things I wanted particularly addressed. People could bring up their own things. The pyro thing was a joke.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 12:44:06 PM

I would like to see more organized games/scrims. Those are fun. Until everyone cries like a preschooler with a skinned knee.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 12:45:42 PM

I would like to see more organized games/scrims. Those are fun. Until everyone cries like a preschooler with a skinned knee.

Seconded.  Just locking off the server to pubbies without inviting in people to replace them tends to result in an empty server.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 12:55:20 PM

If we could get enough folks committed to showing up at a certain time, locking works fine with me. 12 on 12 all F13 would be fun as hell.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 01:10:42 PM

Is there a console setting where people have to be invited onto a team to join the game?  I've had that used in other games to facilitate organized pick up games.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 05:08:20 PM

I LIKE IDEAS!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 07:40:54 PM

I like organized play a bit.

EDIT:

Schild from locked thread: Strazos.

He complains about the maps a lot because he plays a sniper on almost everything.

But he kills a lot of people, so no one gives a shit.

TRUTH. I'm ok with Scouts now, though. And I did ok for a bit as a demo, even though I never play the class.

<---- Epitome of Sniper Whore.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 07:45:28 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 05:41:12 PM

Straz, learn to play engineer. You can use all of your c2v skills as an engineer, just like a sniper!

awesome, for real

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 03:10:16 PM

You all better be in the full swing of something awesome when I get home at around 6:45pm PST, I could use some rocket jumping lessons & we could use a OvD scrim on the last point of Dustbowl.

Or we should just get a quasi-organized pickup going, or something, what is the plan?

-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 03:17:08 PM

Well, considering how empty the server has been, I don't even know if we need to lock it. However, I'm hoping Ookii actually added some new maps. Let's find out.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 03:34:08 PM

I look every day, but it seems a ghost town for me too.

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 07:53:17 PM

Mmmm Thursday night... empty, not updated server.

I went back to fighting patching  NDA anyway, which was almost more fun as playing with clueless people who don't know what Medics are for. Seriously if I play on a public server and am healing someone when a Pyro sets us both on fire YOU LEAVE THE HEALTH PACK FOR THE MEDIC.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: f13.net Ivory Tower Server Days: Tuesday and Thursday  
Jump to: