Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:36:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Getting rid of nodrop items? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting rid of nodrop items?  (Read 6887 times)
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

on: November 04, 2007, 03:28:03 PM

Is there some secret to getting rid of no drop / no sell items?  I was doing the quest in Aldgate (sp?) where you have to create the 3 power sources.  I miscalculated and ended up with 1 red battery left over.  Furthermore, after completing the quest I was left over with one power supply that is (surprise, surprise) no drop/ no sell.  So 5 spots of my inventory is being taken up.  anyone have any idea how I can get rid of these items?
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 03:36:21 PM

You can delete them (radial menu, 6 o clock option)

At least its worked for me before.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 03:46:36 PM

Nope the only option in the radial menu is examine :(
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 03:58:49 PM

Read this: http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=30561

Should help.

Reposted below:

"Until they implement a way to split stacks of Scraps and co, you should go to a crafter, and whenever you put the desirable amount for the item selected into the Crafting window, it would split your stack to the desirable amount for crafting, and the rest will keep in your inventory. You can pick up the smaller part in the Crafting window and drag it to your inventory, so you will have two stacks of the thing you need. Rinse and Repeat for how many stacks you want.

With this method, fill your entire inventory with items or if you don't have enough items, then with small stacks of scraps, put in the Crafting window your undroppable quest item, put another stack of scraps you made once again in your inventory to block that scrap's slot, make sure just the bugged quest item is in the crafting window and your inventory is entirely full, close the crafting window and it would fall off.

Gluck!"
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 04:02:06 PM

shocked  Head scratch
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 04:03:42 PM

lol didn't think of that.  Thanks, I'll give that a shot after work.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 04:34:00 PM

Read this: http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=30561

Should help.

Reposted below:

"Until they implement a way to split stacks of Scraps and co, you should go to a crafter, and whenever you put the desirable amount for the item selected into the Crafting window, it would split your stack to the desirable amount for crafting, and the rest will keep in your inventory. You can pick up the smaller part in the Crafting window and drag it to your inventory, so you will have two stacks of the thing you need. Rinse and Repeat for how many stacks you want.

With this method, fill your entire inventory with items or if you don't have enough items, then with small stacks of scraps, put in the Crafting window your undroppable quest item, put another stack of scraps you made once again in your inventory to block that scrap's slot, make sure just the bugged quest item is in the crafting window and your inventory is entirely full, close the crafting window and it would fall off.

Gluck!"
Wow, so what's worse, that you still can't split stacks, that you can't destroy an item or that a very important item can be lost forever if you don't have enough inventory?
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 06:40:30 PM

There's no reason to split stacks in the game except to fix other bugs...
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 11:40:38 PM

There's no reason to split stacks in the game except to fix other bugs...

Yah because no one will ever ask you for 3 rare tech components to craft something.

I would've liked the ability to sell partial stacks, or buy whole stacks of stuff, but I suppose that would be asking for too much common sense.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 11:52:11 PM

You talk to other people in the game?
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 12:23:18 AM

You talk to other people in the game?

In games with a functional chat interface, yah, I do.

For the most part in Hellgate, there is no chat, but I have responded to a few people asking questions and even gave one person some crafting bits because they were asking for them. Other than that, I've been randomly typing to chat channels with too tiny a population, who aren't able to see the chat box, so the comedy of asking "Did everyone turn into zombies?!? OMG AHHH" as been mostly for my own enjoyment.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Getting rid of nodrop items?  
Jump to: