Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:53:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Elite Mode 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elite Mode  (Read 5629 times)
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

on: November 04, 2007, 02:35:06 AM

Alright, ladies and gents, I think it's about time I make the leap to Elite mode.

No trading with Normal players, no 'Restart as ghost' option, and shit is much harder.

I like it.

You have to beat the game to unlock it, so it seems as though my first character is basically a throwaway character.

Who else is doing it?

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 02:53:50 AM

Soon as I beat the game, I will.  But the fact you have to throwaway your first is...eh.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 03:38:22 PM

Elite mode isn't too bad.

However nightmare mode (repeat the game, but keep your first guy) is just plain retarded. Grind 10+ hours just to be able to kill the first act boss.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 03:38:49 PM

Alright, ladies and gents, I think it's about time I make the leap to Elite mode.

No trading with Normal players, no 'Restart as ghost' option, and shit is much harder.

Isn't that nightmare, not elite?  I thought elite was just harder mobs.

Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 10:02:11 PM

Elite mode is the fucking bomb imo. Major reason being it's a nice halfway point between normal and hardcore. I wouldn't even consider rolling up a hardcore character atm with the client still being crash and or lockup happy.

There seems to be an assload more blue / orange / named mobs in elite also.  I run into at least 4 - 5 every instance.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 05:42:01 AM

So, Elite either eases off a bit around lvl 12, or I've finally 'lernd2play' Logged in to mess about and try to find a decent weapon, got my marksman to level 19, Monument Station.

Also, I have a pile of oranges invading my motherfucking stash, lvl 6-16 Templars and Cabalists are welcome to them. And 2 spare sets of flaming gloves. If I can ever find nonentity online I'll get guilded with this toon too. 'eccles'
lesion

Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 07:07:52 AM

Someone needs to make an EHC so I will be less ronery. Not being able to ghost back is slightly less convenient than not being able to go back at all! Woo! Fun.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Elite Mode  
Jump to: