Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:29:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Guy Faw^h^h^h Epic Fail Day (first subscription only event) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guy Faw^h^h^h Epic Fail Day (first subscription only event)  (Read 59355 times)
schild
Administrator

on: November 03, 2007, 10:31:55 PM

Run Date
November 5 – November 11
Nemo ~ Master of Festivities
He has moved to his permanent home inside Templar Base with several surprises for adventurous souls.

Guy Fawkes Quests
There are bigger demons out there, and perhaps they’re being drawn to the flames that erupt on Bonfire night. Track down a series of named monstrosities and explore new areas as you seek to keep these horrors at bay.

Bonfire Nightmares
Parts of the city have been made even more fiery than usual by the culmination of increased demonic activity and the explosive nature of the times. Keep an eye out for these rare locations.

Grenades
What would this celebration be without explosions? Lots of explosions… so many, in fact, that everyone gets in on the fun of hurling the Marksman’s staple – Grenades. Now, imagine what else you could do with them…

Guy Fawkes Recipes
Making things is a big part of the remembrance of Guy Fawkes for the survivors in London. The ingenuity of Guy Fawkes is represented in the numerous recipes and schematics that crop up during this time.

Guy Fawkes Treats
BonfireToffee, Toffee Apples, Baked Potatoes – all of the expected foodstuffs (and more) to keep winter’s chill at bay and bolster characters with a wide variety of beneficial boosts.

Fawkes’ Flameguards
Handling explosives can be tricky, so you’ll want to make sure to find the right pair of gloves to keep your hands safe and sound.

The Legacy of Guy Fawkes
The techsmiths have been busier than usual, so you’ll never know when gear might drop that has a thematic tie to the celebration.

Well. That's more than most games put forward. It looks like those kickass content creation tools may have been worth it for Flagship. Server goes down at 6AM PST on the 5th for the event patch.
Ixxit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 12:03:26 AM

This subscriber only event would be so much better if the now fixed subscription page actually worked.  swamp poop

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 01:18:16 AM

This subscriber only event would be so much better if the now fixed subscription page actually worked.  swamp poop

It's working now.  Or at least it worked for me. 

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 01:41:30 AM

It's working now.  Or at least it worked for me. 
It's not working for many people.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 02:01:37 AM

No subscription possible here, not sure if I actually would subscribe if I could ofc.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 04:14:56 AM

And there are countries where the game has still to be released. Or actually just be delivered to stores.  Heart southern Europe.

Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 05:36:40 AM

Gah, it's been a long time since I played a MMO.  I'm not used to servers coming down.  Of course they take them down the one fucking day I have off this week.  Bastards.

Guess I'll finish my 2nd run through Tools of Destruction.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 06:52:30 AM

You have to wonder how long this little patch will keep the servers down and what will be broken when they come back up.  From what I've been reading, when you get the "can't verify credit card" error, it really has billed your card.  I wonder if you get the subscription perks if that happens?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 08:32:36 AM

You have to wonder how long this little patch will keep the servers down and what will be broken when they come back up.

The actual game server seems rock solid.

The billing shit, not so much.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 03:45:59 AM

And there are countries where the game has still to be released. Or actually just be delivered to stores.  Heart southern Europe.

Hi! :)
Mine is coming Wednesday Friday, how about yours? :P

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 04:19:43 AM by Wolf »

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 04:27:17 AM

Are you europeans going to be playing on US servers? Subscriptions only work for US or EU. Figured a warning would be fair.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 04:54:05 AM

I guess I'll be playing on a European server with my buds. Smaller pings, more people in prime time, etc :)

What do you mean subscription is for EU only? If you're outside the union you don't get to subscribe? That's pretty lame :)

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 05:52:10 AM

Not quite.

I meant that when you buy a subscription, it's tied to your country's game region. Bought the game in America? That key is tied to the US servers and so is the subscription.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 07:25:00 AM

Oh, it's ok than I don't care. Like I said I'm waiting for the retailer to import it. Localized cover/manual + ex-employee discount = el cheapo Hellgate for good old wolf  awesome, for real

schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 06:21:27 AM

So, is wanting to do Guy Fawkes day keeping anyone else from leveling up their elite alts? :( :( :( :( fire zone random spawns are a little too much randomness for me.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 06:24:11 AM

So, is wanting to do Guy Fawkes day keeping anyone else from leveling up their elite alts? :( :( :( :( fire zone random spawns are a little too much randomness for me.

Nope, having to beat the game on normal is preventing me from playing my elite alts.
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 06:51:39 AM

That was the fastest patch I've seen in a MMO.  Also, it seemed to fix a lot of small things that was bothering me.  I haven't CTD, had missing textures, and my engineer's drones actually keep equipment and stats after logging off.  So, I went ahead and subscribed yesterday.

Where is a good place to get info on these event quests and stuff?  I made a bunch of baked potatoes and cider yesterday and I'm not even sure what buffs they cast.  We need a comprehensive patch message upon login.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 06:59:38 AM

Well.

The Hellgate London site is a LITTLE more useful than normal...
lesion

Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 07:02:22 AM

I had two crashes within a minute last night after a string of buggy quests and repetitive levels. I was so angry I strongly considered buying Tabula Rasa. swamp poop

The patch notes on the official site combined with item descriptions in-game seem the best I can do for event info.  I'd guess a Guy Fawkes Elixir would imbue me with the power to be a beaten, bloody corpse rather than light me on fire. Win some, lose some, etc.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 07:10:07 AM

Someone tell me you can get an EFG mask in game...please?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 07:14:23 AM

Yea, it seems there is a small contingent of people that this small patch fucked hard.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 07:59:18 AM

The Fawkes Elixir is a component in one of the theme blueprints. And bps drop far more than ingredients, which seems fucked.
Items: Potatos, Apples, Gourds, Treacle, Demon's Blood, Fawkes Elixir.
BPs: Hot Cider, Baked Potato, Toffee, Toffee Apples, [item] (seems broken), Hot Cider itemspecial.
The Grenade BP can be bought in the store, 1 keg of gunpowder and a Gourd to make 10 grenades. Needed for theme bps, fucking annoying to have in inventory as they seem to take priority on the ctrl key over status cure.
schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 09:34:34 AM

So, does the new patch today work?
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 10:34:59 AM

What was it supposed to fix?  I still get an annoying amount of blueprints and almost no components.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 10:53:27 AM

It's supposed to update or fix some Guy Fawkes stuff.  I get Guy Fawkes drops, but Nemo or any Guy Fawkes questy people are totally missing... at least for me.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 11:04:49 AM

Is there anything worth keeping from this like the zombot or flamey mask besides the arm things? all this crap is take a ton of space

I am the .00000001428%
schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 11:20:39 AM

It's supposed to update or fix some Guy Fawkes stuff.  I get Guy Fawkes drops, but Nemo or any Guy Fawkes questy people are totally missing... at least for me.

He's in Templar Base now, if you happened to be checking Covent Station, he wouldn't be there.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 11:43:10 AM

I'm not noticing things because my questy over the head bits are not showing up.  I'm all buggered up.  Dammit.  My melee lag has mostly disappeared, though.  I'm not too fussed about the Guy Fawkes stuff, however.  I'm finding some of the drops to be just plain annoying, especially the recipes.  Most people are pretty much complaining about getting tons of recipes and not nearly enough components.  I'm guessing they're still fiddling with adjusting lewt and stuff and that much of it is pretty trivial to fix them when they finally come up with the magic percentages.  In any case, the best thing about this game is that making stuff assplode is very stress relieving. 

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 12:05:26 PM

... In any case, the best thing about this game is that making stuff assplode is very stress relieving. 

I was thinking that last night.  There is just something soothing about potting zombies with my sniper rifle and watching them explode into little flaming bits.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 04:57:47 PM

Is there any way to turns this off? its getting really annoying having to destroy all the food and blueprints.  I made a baked potato, i dont know what its for.

I am the .00000001428%
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 05:00:30 PM

No, I don't think theres any way to turn it off but a lot people seem to be angry at this event.  I'm not very fond of it, either.

Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 05:11:50 PM

The whole event consists of tons of shit loot that isn't worth anything and that no one wants. I hope they learn real quick that no one wants this garbage. At least in WoW participating in holiday events is optional.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 05:42:46 PM

The whole event consists of tons of shit loot that isn't worth anything and that no one wants. I hope they learn real quick that no one wants this garbage. At least in WoW participating in holiday events is optional.

The worst part is its subscriber only, so we are actually paying extra to be annoyed.

I am the .00000001428%
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 07:57:38 PM

Heh I"m happy though.  Now I don't have to loot all that annoying zombot crap even though I made my zombot.  Sure I can't use my zombot anymore but at least I don't have to destroy a ton of garbage I can't sell.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 08:56:05 PM

The gloves are nice, and so is the cake. The rest seems to be shit. Poorly explained shit. Okay, "Zombie Steak and Kidney Pie" sounds neat, but I've gotten 0 of the 5 drops I need for it.

The zones on fire look neat, but take my framerate down by about 20fps. I give the whole event a solid "meh" Sorta nice, but mostly in the was of assploding stuffs.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Guy Faw^h^h^h Epic Fail Day (first subscription only event)  
Jump to: