Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:06:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Engineer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Engineer  (Read 9794 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

on: November 02, 2007, 03:12:10 AM

Didnt play one in beta but they seem underplayed (at least from what people are saying here), so I rolled one as my first char. Plan to ignore most (if not all) of the combat skills, and focus on the pets. Spent most of my points on the drone thus far (lvl 7) as I'm not sure what bots I want. Thinking rocketbots and hastebot, with a melee-focused drone tanking for me.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 06:50:38 AM

Drones are still broken, they don't save equipment. And melee drones don't work very well anyway.
Arrrgh
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:58:47 AM

Gun drones do good damage, you just have to remember to take the gun back before you leave the instance. And don't give it an uber gun in case you crash.  Zeus rifles used to work great on drones, but I haven't tried them since they were nerfed. They were so overpowered they might still be good.

Max rocket bots are good.  Haven't tried haste bot but it didn't get good reviews in beta.

One point in beacon is nice for hard mobs.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 08:30:57 AM

Oh lawd, they dont save gear?! Why hello there D2 Iron Golem...Damn, now I'm torn between restarting my Eng and just rolling a different class... Would the drone make a useful healbot, or should I just save the points?

sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 08:42:34 AM

Roll a different class until drones are fixed. Supposedly they're fixed in the guy fawkes day patch (on the 5th, obviously).

I wanted to play an engineer first, since I played a summoner in beta. But, oh well.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 08:50:46 AM

Heals for like 100 every 30 seconds. Not very effective. I'm thinking about trying a gun guardian in elite mode for a better healer.

You can only have 2 types of bots out, So, you can either have the slowers or rockets and the haste bot.  (Go for the haste bot and rocketbot is my opinion)

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 09:24:10 AM

Oh lawd, they dont save gear?! Why hello there D2 Iron Golem...Damn, now I'm torn between restarting my Eng and just rolling a different class... Would the drone make a useful healbot, or should I just save the points?

It's still playable if you don't crash often and aren't inattentive.  Just remember to remove the item before you log off.  It's probably on top of the bug list.  Will be fixed soon enough.  It's a major bug tough, it still shouldn't be tolerated at release.

As for the Medpak skill, it's probably the worst healing skill.  Especially since the point of playing with a drone is to not get hitted.  You could still make it work by combining it with the Shield generator skill if you are often grouped.  You would have to sacrifice your bots line or a maxed Beacon tough.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 09:30:08 AM

It's probably on top of the bug list.  Will be fixed soon enough.
This bug was "fixed" in three separate patches during beta and for the fourth time in the day 1 patch. I wouldn't hold my breath, dude.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 09:34:13 AM

Hmm. Good to know the heal fails it. I think my plan will be to roll a new Eng and save most points until "the Fifth of November," and if its not fixed by then, time for a new class.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 09:49:32 AM

I had no idea that was even a bug, i played an engineer in beta and i simply gave it a shitty white gun every time i played.  It didn't seem like much of a problem.

I am the .00000001428%
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 10:32:02 AM

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 10:33:33 AM

I may pull some points from other skills and get Nano bots also, but I heard currently they are very bad, and they take a bot slot.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 11:23:38 AM

You should find a way to max beacon. Sacrife one of your AOE or go with rocket/bomber instead of haste/bomber?  You'r wasting so many points for that haste bot...
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 12:05:46 PM

That build looks good Morf, I'll prolly do something similar.

Anyone online now able to help me transfer some gear from my old Eng to my new one? I have a level 7 or so rare gun I'm fond of... If so shoot me a tell, character name Azhala.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 12:07:17 PM

You should find a way to max beacon. Sacrife one of your AOE or go with rocket/bomber instead of haste/bomber?  You'r wasting so many points for that haste bot...

My build is more centered around AE, so having Beacon maxed is kind of counter productive. And like I said I will probably work in Nanobots also.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 09:44:14 PM

I'm enjoying my gunbot so far. It can wield any gun it has the attributes for so for a while I had it with an Cabalist "flamethrower" weapon (forget the damage type) which was funny as hell to watch even though it wasn't all that effective since I was playing on a map with mostly flyers. It also seems to be a crack shot since I never saw it miss its first shot with a grenade launcher gun even against flyers.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 03:55:16 AM

Got my 'neer to 22, and noticed that Shock & Awe seems much better than Smackdown, because while the damage on both of them scales with your level, investing points in S&A increases its damage further, while pumping SD only increases stun duration...
Also noticed that the 3 nukes don't fully share a cooldown, but using one puts the other 2 on a 10 sec. cooldown. Considering that, I'm thinking 3 points SD, max S&A, and one point in Inferno (thats the name of the last one in the tree, right?) for ultimate AOE goodness.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Engineer  
Jump to: