Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:50:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Melee Lag 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Melee Lag  (Read 6564 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: October 31, 2007, 09:44:32 AM

Did any one from beta notice that the "melee lag" seems way worse now? I was playing my baby Blademaster yesterday, and it seemed like I would swing, but the server wouldnt recognize the hit for like 5. to 1 second after?

It was like this in the beta when it would get really laggy, but the game wasnt showing any other signs of lag, just the hit detection for melee. This makes the stop and go feeling of melee even worse.

They really needed to fix melee in beta, and it still sucks. I think after a few months we are going to see a huge under population of the melee classes due to it just feeling "wrong".
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 09:56:42 AM

I had that really bad in beta and stopped playing mostly because of it.  I haven't had that yet in release.  God, I hope I don't.  The only lag I've had so far is entering Covent Garden Station and that was brief.  I'm playing my Guardian right now because I only played this class to level 2 or 3 before, but I know what you mean about the melee class in general.  It's kind of boring and makes my mouse stabbing finger tired.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 09:59:20 AM

Was considering getting HG:L until I read this post.

My number one pet peeve is laggy/unresponsive melee combat since I always play fighter/paladin characters. Let us know when they fix this.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Ixxit
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 10:13:26 AM

I've noticed this in Beta as well.  Won't  get my retail box until tonight to see if it's still there.  I'm not sure if it is lag, but it almost seems like each mob is surrounded by some enormous hitbox or invisible shield that effects your ability to "hit" it, and makes you the controls feel all "slidey", kind of like the invisible barriers in Guild wars that keep you from navigatiang small obstacles  or  going places that the developers didn't intend for you to go
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 10:15:55 AM by Ixxit »

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 10:26:06 AM

Was considering getting HG:L until I read this post.

My number one pet peeve is laggy/unresponsive melee combat since I always play fighter/paladin characters. Let us know when they fix this.

The melee in Hellgate is probably the worst implemented of the fighting styles. It really seems silly to me that you can shot 2 guns while running, yet you cant run and swing your swords.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 11:09:51 AM

The animations for the melee combat in this game are total crap, and the lag is a combination of the bad animations with the poor hit detection. Breaking crates that are below the arc of your swing is just stupid IMO.

The shooting classes are much easier to play with, but it still ends up being repetitive click-clicky, or better yet just hold the mouse buttons down and pew pew constantly.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 11:12:08 AM

Well, in beta, the swing lag wasnt even close to this bad. It would only get this way when I would really start lagging badly. But now it seems constant.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 12:25:00 PM

It really seems silly to me that you can shot 2 guns while running, yet you cant run and swing your swords.
They responded to this criticism in beta by saying that they originally implemented moving in melee, but it felt too "floaty". I dunno. I didn't like the melee classes, I plan on playing an engineer (now that drones are fixed) and a summoner.
lesion

Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 12:42:35 PM

Lamorz! I liked BM but it felt floaty anyway whenever mobs didn't die in one hit and the movement stopping was all swamp poop

Fucking guys have like never played a game since Diablo 2 or something. Gag me with a spoon!

steam|a grue \[T]/
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 01:36:59 PM

It really seems silly to me that you can shot 2 guns while running, yet you cant run and swing your swords.
They responded to this criticism in beta by saying that they originally implemented moving in melee, but it felt too "floaty". I dunno. I didn't like the melee classes, I plan on playing an engineer (now that drones are fixed) and a summoner.

Yeah, I know their reasoning behind it I still think its stupid though. There where so many threads in beta about melee. Also, (I play Engineer) the Drone is NOT fixed. They said it was, but people are reporting the same issue with losing weapons from it when they log out. I play a Droneless Engineer, so it doesnt bother me.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 03:19:36 PM

You're shitting me. The game went live with that bug intact? But they fixed it on the test center before release! Arghhhh.

Edit: Just checked the forums, you're right. Man, what a fucked up release. Epic.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 03:39:08 PM

It's started happening to me again, too.  Dammit! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Melee Lag  
Jump to: