Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:47:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Re-Subbed Recently, The Game has Changed, I Like It 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re-Subbed Recently, The Game has Changed, I Like It  (Read 95817 times)
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 11, 2008, 12:13:48 PM

I had a tough time selecting which one to select. Stared at my options for like 10 minutes.  I already had the Sebilsian Choker, but the neck item looks the best for scout.  However, I did end up selecting the bangle which is a spell damage + and spell crit +, which I can definitely use as a troub.  In addition, it can be equipped in the earring or wrist slots.  Not sure if I made the right choice after all that.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #71 on: April 11, 2008, 12:28:30 PM

there is an easy quest for a neck item with a clickie 3k self-heal on a 3 minute timer that only requires on Vaults run

Is that the quest you get from the top of howling stones, the one you have to jump across rocks to get to?
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #72 on: April 14, 2008, 07:19:06 AM

there is an easy quest for a neck item with a clickie 3k self-heal on a 3 minute timer that only requires on Vaults run

Is that the quest you get from the top of howling stones, the one you have to jump across rocks to get to?

Yes. Get the quest from her. Kill the boss in Vaults and click an item in his room. Go back and talk to the questgiver (she didn't have an icon for me) and she will aggro so keep your Vaults group together.

My guild cleared PR on Saturday but I wasn't there. Nothing useable for me dropped, thank god! Wednesday we are trying Shard of Hate.

I have never played WoW.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: April 14, 2008, 06:54:18 PM

Break your raidforce in two for the x3 mobs or you will be sorry.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #74 on: April 15, 2008, 01:30:14 PM

I believe everything is X4 now. Will report back Thursday.

I have never played WoW.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: April 16, 2008, 05:36:24 AM

Is this Hate? When we were in there everything was X4 and we were getting rather great drops from the trash.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #76 on: April 17, 2008, 09:38:36 AM

Shard of Hate report:

We only had three groups. Trash is X4 but has a TON of hps. We got zero drops from the trash all night. Moving to the right, you find a questgiver who asks you to kill three named, one of which is right behind him.

The first named took two tries. During the fight it appeared that he picks a few members of the raid and just randomly goes after them until they are dead. He also throws 3 minute stuns and roots around. His knockback is large as well. Once he knocked our wizard several hundred meters away then chased him down and one shotted him. The wizard revived and the mob ran to the zone in and one shotted him again! We got adds the first time and took the wipe then got him the second time. He dropped a chain healer helm that procs a 1500hp ward on the healer's target!

The second named just randomly changes target and cannot be taunted so we just piled on and dps'ed him down. Boring, but still new. He dropped a sweet mage dagger with an effect that reduces resistability of spells.

The third named, Master P'Tasa, wasted us. If you taunt him or put a DoT on him, he starts proccing an AE that drains power and hps. Once that AE starts it is game over. Out of habit I taunted on the pull the first time. OOPS! The second time we lasted about 30 seconds and then it just fell apart. We ran out of time to try again.

I have never played WoW.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: April 17, 2008, 10:07:04 AM

Our first time, he wasted us, but we killed Master P last night in the first try. There's a lot of tricks. They're crackpot enough that it strikes me that they must have been leaked. I can give you what we know. It IS otoh a long fun fight.

I'm working on a theory that if you get adds from the trash, you get serious drops. It always seemed to be the long add fights where we got them.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #78 on: April 17, 2008, 12:00:31 PM

I pulled two a few times but it didn't help for drops. It wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed the rate a bit when they moved them to X4.

I have never played WoW.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: April 17, 2008, 12:13:09 PM

No, they were x4 last night and we got three exquisites off of the monster treasure chests and one off of a patron of hate (when we managed to pull three of them)

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #80 on: May 20, 2008, 08:04:20 AM

We are now doing SoH on Wednesday night with about 3 groups, through the first two nameds. The trash loot is sick.

We also cleared Protector's Realm in about 90 minutes on Saturday. Makes raiding easy to do when the time committments are low.

I have never played WoW.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 23, 2008, 04:39:49 PM

Since a lot of the raid stuff has ended up here. Master P has been totally redone, so if you had a successful strategy, it probably won't work again.

I don't know about anyone else, but it looks to me like EQ2 was gutted by AoC. We went from having an in-guild waiting list for raids to not being able to fill even spamming for PUGs.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 25, 2008, 08:34:07 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but it looks to me like EQ2 was gutted by AoC. We went from having an in-guild waiting list for raids to not being able to fill even spamming for PUGs.

yes. We're down to about 16 raiders. But it's also timing of people being bored of the expansion.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #83 on: June 02, 2008, 09:07:28 AM

Our guild has had some people who left for heavier raiding calendars last summer coming back to us.  We haven't raided since AoC, but we have PR scheduled for Wednesday. 10 days ago we cleared it in 81 minutes with 6 pick-us so we are talking about Tier 2 now, but summer is a bad time to hit new content since we lose active players.

I have never played WoW.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #84 on: June 14, 2008, 02:56:44 AM

My guild is booming in EQ2 (which I don't play). I can't use our "new posts since last visit" feature because it's all EQ2 stuff.

There was an AoC obsession that lasted a couple of weeks, but 90% of them have gone back to EQ2 already, leaving me and a few others who are keen to stick with AoC.

It's weird because we were never an EQ2 guild until the last six months. We were a hardcore EQ1 raid guild that never got into EQ2, went through many betas and a couple of stints in WoW, and then suddenly EQ2 started impressing people last year and we became an EQ2 raiding guild en masse.

I'm already worried about how we're going to pay for our AoC player city because we're losing everyone back to EQ2.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 02:59:18 AM by Tale »
schild
Administrator

Reply #85 on: June 14, 2008, 03:57:21 AM

You're welcome to come to Bat Country on Zug, Tale. Hell or high water our shit will get built.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #86 on: June 16, 2008, 07:23:37 AM

I left Bat Country with Tyb to go to a fairly thriving guild in EQ2. Sadly, I only play it now during server-downs in AOC.

Well, I will come back to it again. It's a perennial favorite and I would like to catass up to 80 before they inevitably raise the cap again.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #87 on: June 16, 2008, 01:01:58 PM

I've actually gotten in a decent casual guild on Oasis, and am enjoying the game. I did make a Sarnak last night and got him to 10 so I could try some crafting.

ACK!

Fuck no. I cannot do crafting. Tedium, preponderance of minutiae, I made it to level 3 artisan before logging out in disgust.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: June 17, 2008, 04:32:21 AM

I've actually gotten in a decent casual guild on Oasis, and am enjoying the game. I did make a Sarnak last night and got him to 10 so I could try some crafting.

ACK!

Fuck no. I cannot do crafting. Tedium, preponderance of minutiae, I made it to level 3 artisan before logging out in disgust.

The crafting system in EQ2 is kind of odd. It's a bit upside down where the lowest levels are insanely difficult and the upper levels are insanely easy. Combines at level 70+ take maybe 6-8 "ticks" to finish easily in pristine quality. At the lower levels you're looking at 20-25 "ticks" to maybe get something pristine but most likely youre going to miss it.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: June 17, 2008, 05:08:39 AM

I haven't found the failure ratet that bad.  With a couple of level 20-ish crafters I have only failed pristine on two or three occasions.  It's tedious, but easy once you learn the tricks.  Outright failure has been rare.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #90 on: June 17, 2008, 06:38:53 AM

We've talked about the crafting tricks here before. Most of my crafters are in the 40s with a couple higher. It's really easy once you understand the system. Don't just react to events, use the +durability and +completion skills constantly. It's even easier now with the integrated panel. I usually hammer +dur for a while and then +completion until it's at risk for losing pristine, then build up the durability again for a while.

It's pretty boring, but with vet reward potions, rest exp and first pristine bonus exp, it goes ok for most classes. I chill out with the iPod for a couple hours and groove to some good music while crafting. There is still a large time investment that sucks, but it's nothing like it was originally was with the bajillion subcomponents. That was painful and people who want that to come back need therapy.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #91 on: June 17, 2008, 01:32:16 PM

When you add on the amount of time you need to spend gathering stuff with the fact that the act of crafting is boring as fuck, I just can't do it. Not to mention the metric fuckton of recipes and components and skills and the buttons and it just makes my head hurt.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: June 18, 2008, 04:27:34 AM

When you add on the amount of time you need to spend gathering stuff with the fact that the act of crafting is boring as fuck, I just can't do it. Not to mention the metric fuckton of recipes and components and skills and the buttons and it just makes my head hurt.

That's only up to level 20. Once you hit 20 you only use 6 of the skills, one station, and usually only 3-4 of the different resources.

Up to 10 is a total cluster with ALL the different possibilities, recipes, and resources needed. After 10 you are limited to 3 of the skills, after 20 you are silo'd down one path.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: June 18, 2008, 05:46:59 AM

cry more newb

awesome, for real

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #94 on: June 18, 2008, 01:59:14 PM

I pk your flax.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: June 19, 2008, 05:32:06 AM

My favorite screenshot from my (short) time in AO LumCorp:

It's like when Lord British got fooled by the UO AI  Ohhhhh, I see.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Re-Subbed Recently, The Game has Changed, I Like It  
Jump to: