Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:14:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: I wanna be a cyborg, superhero, robot-killer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I wanna be a cyborg, superhero, robot-killer  (Read 5983 times)
kemmyn
Terracotta Army

on: March 23, 2004, 01:29:54 PM

Casshern: a new Japanese movie being released this summer.  This trailor kicks ass.

The premise:  Sometime in the future, a scientist creates an army of robots to clean up pollution that is out of control because of population growth.  Of course, this army soon goes berzerk and starts killing all the humans, instead of sweeping up after them.  So the scientist turns his son into a cyborg and gives him superpowers to battle the mecha-janitor army that's slaughtering mankind!

interesting "comic book" feel of blended CGI and live actors.  I'll be ordering this on Ebay just as soon as Hong Kong comes out with some nice cheap bootlegs.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 10:55:25 PM

Jesus do I want to see that movie!  I dare say the cinematography in that movie looks better than "Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow", another movie (go see the trailer if you haven't) that is coming out around the same time.  I also bet that it will be shown as a "limited engagment" flick around here, so hopefully I can see it on the big screen, but if not I will gladly donate my money to the chinese online black market (formely known as ebay).

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 11:59:35 PM

Not sure, but I dont think the main character is a cyborg.  I read a translation of the site info, and I think he is an artificially created human, grown from some kind of universal stem cell (the scientests were doing research into the "artificial cell" which was supposed to allow them to clone all sorts of replacement organs for medical purposes. (in all fairness though, the translation was vague enough to have hinted that it could be the main villian who was the artificial human)

the movie is also based on an anime series of the same name that ran a while back

Also, if you like this, you might also want to keep an eye on the new AppleSeed Movie.  I figure this will be big enough that the fansubbers should have her ready to go shortly after it hits theatres.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Rei

Email
Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 04:32:05 AM

It's based on a 1970's anime called Super Android Hunter Casshern. Google it you lazy bastards.

In the future, man creates a bunch of robots to clean up the ecological disaster that ruined a good 90% of the world, a lightning strike causes the robot leader to malfunction and the robots turn against man.

The main character is the son of the evil robots creator, who has himself merged with an Android so he can fight the robots.

Eh.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 09:29:11 AM

Rei, you forgot to mention that unlike Astro Boy, Casshern sucked giant sweaty donkey nuts.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 09:13:33 AM

That looks like a pretty freaking cool movie. Now if only it comes out stateside with some decent subtitles. I don't  need dubbing but for a movie like that subittles would help alot in figuring out what the heck is going on.

Kaid
Rei

Email
Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 11:31:33 AM

Quote from: schild
Rei, you forgot to mention that unlike Astro Boy, Casshern sucked giant sweaty donkey nuts.

Hence the "Eh."
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 02:59:12 PM

Or just a dubbed in Spanish version at least so I can understand 20% of the words and make the rest up.  Movies are more fun in a language you barely comprehend.
cerberus

Email
Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 07:26:50 PM

what pisses me off is when someone wants to make goldfish that glow everyone runs around saying its the end of the world. How the fuck am I supposed to become a cybernetic ninja death machine if the fucking ludites keep getting in the way of progress?
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 02:46:47 PM

El hombre es ninja! AI AI IA AI AI IA
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: I wanna be a cyborg, superhero, robot-killer  
Jump to: