Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:14:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Free Adventure Packs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Adventure Packs  (Read 10410 times)
Mantees
Terracotta Army

on: September 29, 2007, 01:06:06 AM

I have a vanilla EQ2 account. No expansions enabled and no Adventure Packs. I checked the Station Access website and saw that the three adv packs are given for free to access subscribers.
What will happen if I subscribe to access for one month and then I go back to a normal EQ2 subscription model? Would I loose the right to play the packs?
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 09:57:31 AM

Correct.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 09:34:05 AM

I bought the packs outright for like $7 or $8 each.  You should still be able to do that.  I'd recommend only getting one at a time though... you never know when you're going to lose interest in the game.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Chorulle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 02:46:37 PM

The Bloodline Chronicles (first one) is mostly intended for group play and I don't think many people bother with that anymore.  So unless you are in a guild you may have a hard time doing anything with that content.  The Splitpaw Saga has both group and solo instances and it scales with your level unlike the first adventure pack.  The third one I can't comment on since it is higher level content (55+ I think?).

"Saying that nobody needs more then web apps is like saying noone needs a fridge because we can all drive to T.G.I. goddamn Friday's for chicken wings"

- Walt Mosspuppet (Mike Arrington is wrong: Chrome OS won't matter)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:10:21 AM

Start with Splitpaw if you want to try one since most if it is soloable and you can get a teleport stone. Bloodlines and Fallen Dynasties cannot compete with EoF content.

I have never played WoW.
Wahn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 05:16:13 AM

I wouldn't bother buying the Adventure Packs anymore if you're planing on getting RoK.

From the Station store RoK preorder page:

Includes the base game, three adventure packs and all four expansion packs, including Rise of Kunark.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 07:24:29 AM

Exactly... Just buy the RoK expansion for $40 and it has EVERYTHING you need. The base game, all expansions and all adventure packs included.

Maybe it's just me but this is the first time I've seen a game do something like this to really lower the total cost of entry. I might be wrong but it seemed like you always had to buy a cheap version of the original game and then piece meal in the expansions you wanted.

I definitely appreciate the new model and I'm now actually tempted to get my own second account instead of 2-boxing with my father's when he's not using it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 07:26:23 AM by UD_Delt »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 08:06:07 AM

I think it's a great model. Unless you already own everything but Kunark, in which case it's an expensive expansion. I wish there were a simple Kunark-only download to bolster the all-inclusive retail offering.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 08:12:41 AM

I think it's a great model. Unless you already own everything but Kunark, in which case it's an expensive expansion. I wish there were a simple Kunark-only download to bolster the all-inclusive retail offering.

So I guess that's my answer then. I just bought EoF not a month ago. Guess I should of waited.  angry I was hoping they'd offer Kunark as a stand alone expansion in addition to the all-in-one thing.
Mantees
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 08:55:12 AM

A few days after I posted my question it was announced that Kunark was going to include all the previous expansions, so I did not bought anything.
It's a good deal for me, and it was a good reason to resub for three months.
Now I can't wait for my box of course. Being level 30ish with no AA makes me feel bad :)

Thanks for your answers
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 09:11:23 AM

True, but if you own every expansion pack already and are still playing they have you by the nuts since you have probably been level 70 for almost a year. To be honest, I would pay $99 for RoK at this point.

I have never played WoW.
Mantees
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 09:20:04 AM

I preordered the EQ2:ROK box for 23.49 euros including shipment (or you can pay 14.99 pounds). That's not so expensive to be honest, also for a single good quality expansion
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 10:16:58 AM

For once, they aren't giving the shaft to people who order the downloadable version. As far as I can tell it includes everything the retail box does.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 11:16:18 AM

True, but if you own every expansion pack already and are still playing they have you by the nuts since you have probably been level 70 for almost a year.
Bzzt. Try again. My nuts are my own, and my highest character is level 42.

Part of why paying so much for Kunark bothers me, it's entirely out of the scope of my characters, who range from 22-42. So I can delete someone and roll a newbler, but I won't see the 65+ stuff for at least a year or two.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 11:43:03 AM

For once, they aren't giving the shaft to people who order the downloadable version. As far as I can tell it includes everything the retail box does.

Including a shiny finding house pet (if you pre-order)!
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 11:51:27 AM

What isn't clear to me about RoK is whether the gear from the solo questlines (I am assuming there are solo questlines a la the previous expansions) will replace KoS Fabled. How mudflation-y is it going to be? Those details are still  NDA. A pickup group member did tell me last night that the RoK guild level 75 mounts are 52% movement speed and cost 56p+700,000 status. Fuck me. I have 2p to my name right now. Adornments have eaten 20p in the last 6 months since I am actively raiding and our guild gets pwned by the EoF raids.

I have never played WoW.
Hartsman
Developers

Trion

Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 01:05:02 PM

What isn't clear to me about RoK is whether the gear from the solo questlines (I am assuming there are solo questlines a la the previous expansions) will replace KoS Fabled. How mudflation-y is it going to be?

Not that inflated - You shouldn't be hopping off the boat, doing L71 solo quests, and replacing T7 raid gear.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 10:35:39 AM

Is the intention that T8 group items replace T7 raid and T8 solo replace T7 group?  Or is the progression T8 Raid > T7 Raid > T8 Group > T7Group > T8 Solo & etc... ?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 11:03:32 AM

Is the intention that T8 group items replace T7 raid and T8 solo replace T7 group?  Or is the progression T8 Raid > T7 Raid > T8 Group > T7Group > T8 Solo & etc... ?

I expect 71-73 legendary < KoS raid < 74-76 legendary < EoF raid <= 77+ legendary < 78+ Fabled. 

I have seen Shard of Fear Treasured gear that is arguably superior to Unrest legendary and SoF legendary close to early T7 fabled so that is where I am getting my framework. I imagine sub-73 RoK group zones will be easier than SoF. SoE cannot assume that all RoK explorers have T7 raid gear.

I have never played WoW.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Free Adventure Packs  
Jump to: