Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Playing CoX as a non Admin user? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playing CoX as a non Admin user?  (Read 3284 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: September 27, 2007, 03:29:17 PM

I resubbed to CoX for my kids, and when trying to have them play i find out you cannot run Cox unless you are an Admin user on the PC?!?  This is only game I have run into this issue with.

If i to the "run as" my admin user on their shortcut it will work, once.

Does anyone know how to get around this? 

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 06:59:08 AM

I can play it as a non-admin just fine.

I think you might need to temporarily promote them to admin so the game can install under their user preferences, but after that they can run as a user.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 03:45:31 PM

My first thought was "But wouldn't that mean every non admin user has to have their own full install?" which would be assinine if true.  I'll give it shot and see what happens.

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 08:32:21 PM

The launcher sets a whole bunch of stuff in the registry, and it's probably on a per-user basis, rather than per-machine (kinda dumb, yeah).  Might, tho, let you have different resolution preferences on a per-user basis.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Playing CoX as a non Admin user?  
Jump to: