Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:46:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: ESPN NFL 2k5 League a Go 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ESPN NFL 2k5 League a Go  (Read 8269 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: September 16, 2004, 01:16:47 PM

As posted on Morlocks by DiscoKid, the ESPN NFL 2k5 league is a go.

The league is now available for you to sign into. Please chose your respective teams.

League name: Morlockball
League password: lollerskates

Get signed up when you can. They upadated the online rosters today. The offline (for singleplayer franchises and such) rosters are supposed to be out a week from today.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 02:46:22 PM

Ahh shit- I am going to Tahoe tomorrow night. When do we have to be signed up/have our first game played? I can probably get signed up, but no chance I can play until Wednesday at the earliest.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 02:50:26 PM

Once everyone is signed up, which I'm sure will take a few days, Disco has to schedule the league. From that point, you have one week to play your game. There'll be a date on the league schedule telling you when you have to play by.

We'll also have a nifty league page on the ESPN videogames site. I'll link to it once it's up.

Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 03:32:12 PM

Signed up, although I already regret the Falcons.  I can't move the ball with them without healthy doses of Vick Cheese, which I won't do online.  Ah well.  The good news is I can blame the team.  Yeah, it's THEIR fault.

I lost connection about a dozen times trying to get into the league.  I think I need a new cable.  Darn ferrets.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 05:04:11 PM

You should really get a better power source- those poor ferrets will eventually tire on that wheel!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 01:35:38 PM

Got signed up last night. It told me 9 more teams were needed before the league could start. Hopefully people will fill it in over this weekend. I should be around late nights this weekend if anyone wants to play some Burnout 3 or NFL2K5.

Gamertag: Shockeye
Shmtur
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 09:20:04 AM

So...who hasn't signed up yet?

As per the Morlocks, 5 people still missing...
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 09:26:49 AM

I haven't. I'm lazy and haven't even set up my xbox live since moving in to my house back in late June.

If I'm holding you back, you can leave me off the team. I'm notoriously flakely for participation in anything I have to make time for that I can't get done at work.  If needed though, I'll set up my xbl tonight if I can pry myself away from Fable.

-Rasix
Pig Destroyer
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 10:54:15 AM

I just signed up, 4 spots still left.

My knuckles are bleeding, on your front door...

~Pig Destroyer

http://www.wtfman.com
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 11:50:57 AM

Sorry fellas- I have been out of town since Friday night. I will get signed up tonight at the latest.

WayAbvPar

Reply #10 on: September 23, 2004, 11:54:19 AM

I am finally in. As of last night, there were two unfilled slots. I am amazed that there are bigger slackers than me out there!

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 25, 2004, 01:12:28 AM

I signed up a few days ago. My beloved Cowboys were taken. I believe I chose the Jets instead. Nothing wrong with Chad Pennington and Curtis Martin I figured.
Rasix

Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 11:02:27 AM

Please tell me that everyone's just not waiting on me? If so, I'll try to get it all hooked up this night.  However, if someone else wants to play, please, please just let them in.  I'm playing too much other crap to really practice my nfl2k5 chops.

Sorry, this weekend I was painting the room the Xbox was in.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: September 27, 2004, 11:52:03 AM

We actually still need 2 teams. Anyone know anyone that isn't a cock that wants to play?

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 27, 2004, 12:40:28 PM

Quote from: Rasix
Please tell me that everyone's just not waiting on me? If so, I'll try to get it all hooked up this night.  However, if someone else wants to play, please, please just let them in.  I'm playing too much other crap to really practice my nfl2k5 chops.

Sorry, this weekend I was painting the room the Xbox was in.

Well, we can't start the league without all the players signed up, so as long as you haven't, we are waiting on you.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: September 27, 2004, 12:44:08 PM

To whomever has not yet signed up for our online league:

You suck!

Look, I'm at the bottom of the fantasy football standings. This is my chance to redeem myself on some level. Sign up and the life you save may be mine.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: September 28, 2004, 09:22:11 AM

Need 1 more player? Anyone got a friend or relative that wants to join?

WayAbvPar

Reply #17 on: September 28, 2004, 10:18:46 AM

Did Rasix get his damned room painted and join yet? =P

Rasix

Reply #18 on: September 28, 2004, 10:19:22 AM

Yes. I did.  Fuckhead.

-Rasix
Shmtur
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 28, 2004, 05:58:38 PM

Come now.  We must not waste our wrath upon those of us together in this league, we must instead use it upon those preventing us from killing each other in football!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 28, 2004, 06:25:41 PM

HINT: Don't middle blitz against Shmtur every down or he'll run over your ass with Portis.

True story. Wasn't me btw.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #21 on: September 29, 2004, 09:42:37 AM

C'mon, now. It wasn't a middle blitz.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 01, 2004, 12:39:43 AM

My bad ;)

WayAbvPar

Reply #23 on: October 01, 2004, 12:11:18 PM

I haven't checked in the past few days- do we have a full lid yet? I need to know whether I should learn more than the basic controls soon or not...

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #24 on: October 01, 2004, 12:20:27 PM

Not yet. Seriously, someone has to know 1 person who wants to get bea... er play?

I'll make a post on CorpNews for those who may not read this site.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: October 01, 2004, 12:44:44 PM

Damnit  people, I want to serve myself and my team up on a silver platter but I cannot until someone else signs up. I guess I'll have to make do as the FFL whipping boy for now.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 13, 2004, 11:07:11 PM

Looks like the league got deleted since we didn't get it going in enough time.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #27 on: October 14, 2004, 07:39:21 AM

I'm considering starting over and just putting up an 8-team league for f13. Which wouldn't preclude me from participating in another 8- or 16-team league if the Morlocks got another one going. We can easily fill an 8-team league or 2 8-team leagues with one or two overlap players.

schild
Administrator

Reply #28 on: October 14, 2004, 07:40:44 AM

I was considering getting the game, but it seems I only have about an hour a day to play. So it would have been kind of silly after realizing that. Particularly since I have about 5 other games I'm playing atm.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #29 on: October 14, 2004, 08:32:23 AM

Go ahead and restart a new league Haemish. It's not enough for me to lose every week in FFL, I need to lose on Xbox Live as well.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #30 on: October 14, 2004, 08:40:49 AM

I'll get to it next week, after I get back from Baton Rogue.

WayAbvPar

Reply #31 on: October 14, 2004, 10:09:49 AM

Count me in when you get back from Red Stick.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 15, 2004, 08:48:37 PM

Count me in as well, Haem.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 17, 2004, 12:48:40 PM

I'm game.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #34 on: October 19, 2004, 07:43:32 AM

See new thread stickied at the top.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: ESPN NFL 2k5 League a Go  
Jump to: