Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:31:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 09/25/07 - Halo 3 (Xbox 360) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 09/25/07 - Halo 3 (Xbox 360)  (Read 5581 times)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

on: September 24, 2007, 12:51:49 PM

Anyone getting this? Anyone even care?

I played the first Halo and actually enjoyed it up to the library level, which I had to do over and over and over. I was so sick of that level that when the game was over, I never played it again. Nor did I play Halo 2. From the reviews I've read, 3 is worth getting for multiplayer, but since I rarely play any game online anymore, I don't see me putting out the cash for this until it becomes a 'Greatest Hits' title.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 01:08:10 PM

Anyone getting this? Anyone even care?

I played the first Halo and actually enjoyed it up to the library level, which I had to do over and over and over. I was so sick of that level that when the game was over, I never played it again. Nor did I play Halo 2. From the reviews I've read, 3 is worth getting for multiplayer, but since I rarely play any game online anymore, I don't see me putting out the cash for this until it becomes a 'Greatest Hits' title.

I'm waiting for the release reaction to several years and a whole franchise worth hype to play out before i make the purchase.

If there are a million cries heard around the globe of,"Wheres the pew pew?" I wont buy it.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 01:19:55 PM

I'll probably be getting this, but I'm wondering why I should bother with skate, TF2 and Hellgate: London to play.  I don't see myself having the time to play this, and I don't see them running out of Halo 3 boxes in the future.

-Rasix
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 01:24:47 PM

I'm not a huge FPS fan, and I imagine most people here who are FPS fans are likely playing Team Fortress 2 right now.  I'll likely pick this up at some point since it's the kind of the my brother and I will play whenever the next time he comes out here on leave is.  Not really in any hurry though.
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 01:52:25 PM

I'm in no hurry.  Like everyone else I'll be too busy with TF2, Hellgate, and probably Soul Nomad.

The only Halo MP I've played was Halo 3 beta it wore very thin after about an hour.  I do enjoy the single player though.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 02:14:58 PM

I didn't finish Halo 2, it was like Cyborg Final Fantasy or something.  Also, I currently have a raging hardon for TF2 and I expect Hellgate to drop me into a pit and command me to do things or I'll get the hose.  So... no Halo 3.

Also I hear Mount & Blade just dropped a fat update, something about siege engines, which I'm trying to ignore.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 10:33:50 AM

Ill pick it up in a few days probably. I am a sucker for coop campaigns.
Driakos
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 12:02:28 PM

It's crazy short.  Friends are already beating the single player portions.  Some bought at midnight, some picked it up this morning, already completing it :(

I know the multi-player is a big portion of it, but 2-4 hours of single-player campaign?

I don't remember 1, or 2 being that short.

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 12:03:58 PM

Yea, it's supposed to be 5 hours long.

Giant. Waste. Of. Money.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 12:27:51 PM

I am a sucker for coop campaigns.
You, sir, are a CHICKEN!
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 01:22:42 PM

I traded in a ton of old games I never play anymore and got the Legendary Edition for like $15. I got it purely for co op goodness with my friends and a tiny bit of multiplayer. *shrugs*

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 01:26:22 PM

I am a sucker for coop campaigns.
You, sir, are a CHICKEN!

Or a Fox I guess?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 01:38:09 PM

Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 11:05:28 AM

It's a fittling finale to the series. At least it doesn't get hugely weird in a manner similar to Marathon: Infinity. Fantastic music.  Helluva ending.

It is short. It's not five hours, more like seven or eight. I'd consider even ten short, but there it is.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 12:01:37 PM

It is short. It's not five hours, more like seven or eight. I'd consider even ten short, but there it is.

Part of the variance in length that is being reported I think has to do with the difficultly setting.  It sounds like they made Normal more like a Very Easy setting for people who suck at games but want to be able to see Halo's story through to it's conclusion.  Apparently, anyone who is remotely competent at playing video games should be playing one of the higher difficulty levels.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 12:09:40 PM

I swear my willpower level is just about MrHats. I am such a sucker for new games and hype.

Yeah, I bought it.

Also wanted to add that my friend called me this morning, and said his cousen was at the store and she had gotten a hold of 2 copies of Halo 3, and had the possibility to buy 2 more. And he wanted to know if she should, you know, to sell on ebay. I told him, HELL NO. As I had walked in to Target not 30 minutes before and they had over 30 copies.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 02:20:26 PM

I'd recommend Heroic difficulty for FPS players.  It is not ball-busting difficult but it's close enough where you have to be fucking careful.

The strong prevalence of snipers makes this feel different from any Halo game I've played.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 09/25/07 - Halo 3 (Xbox 360)  
Jump to: