Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 11:50:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Playspan: Reads like another cross-game transfer service 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playspan: Reads like another cross-game transfer service  (Read 1654 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: September 24, 2007, 07:36:49 AM

Read about this site this morning. Folks talking about how it was founded by a 5th grader from money he made selling virtual goods he was acquiring (instead of studying and doing his chorse, the young whippersnapper... hey, get off my porch!)

Not much info. But it reads a bit like earlier attempts at providing a cross-game transfer service. A few years ago a site launched where you could sell you could "trade" your holdings in Game A to someone who from Game B. This would allow you to go from A to B with a leg up and vice verse for the other person. I can find neither the site nor where we discussed it, but Playspan sounds similar.

They don't list partners, but I'm quite sure it wouldn't be Blizzard or SOE :) At the same time, unlike a few years ago that may not preclude success. This kid is not likely play those games. Rather, he's probably in the worlds that already have strong microtrans-based economies, and just thought there'd be an opportunity to get the Nexons of the world to talk to the Sulakes, or whatnot.

So I'm not sure if this is going to be worth watching, but figured it was at least worth noting.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 07:40:49 AM

Acquire new users for your new gamers through our in-game community tools.

Does not compute.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 07:50:47 AM

Acquire new users for your new gamers through our in-game community tools.

Does not compute.

Spam.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Playspan: Reads like another cross-game transfer service  
Jump to: