Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:14:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: TF2 Dedicated Server 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TF2 Dedicated Server  (Read 214257 times)
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 09:21:25 PM

As soon as we can kick people, let us know. That fucker spamming voice was annoying as all hell.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #36 on: September 23, 2007, 09:40:11 PM

I broke down last night and picked up some orange box goodness so I could check out the TF2.  Can't seem to locate the f13 server.  Pity there isn't, so far as I can tell, a way to *search* for specific servers...

Are you in the f13 community?  More often than not, we're playing on the server

14 ping ftw.

Playing on the server now.  Not sure why I couldn't locate it earlier.

-Q
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 02:20:05 PM

It was great fun playing with you all last night and thanks for the info on changing names. I wonder why theres no console in TF2 though.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 02:21:05 PM

There is, settings > advanced > enable developer console.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 02:54:35 PM

All other HL-based games work the same way.  It's just never on by default, so you have to remember to turn it on whenever you install a new one.   tongue

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #40 on: September 24, 2007, 03:17:37 PM

I will just let you know, if you see some one with my name, and he sucks. Then that IS me. Well, if Im playing any class other than medic. I seem to make a decent medic.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 24, 2007, 06:16:51 PM

I will just let you know, if you see some one with my name, and he sucks. Then that IS me. Well, if Im playing any class other than medic. I seem to make a decent medic.

Oh, don't get my earlier post wrong, I do suck.  It's just that there are degrees of suckitude.  I don't aimlessly wander around and get my self killed.  I move forward with a purpose and get myself killed.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #42 on: September 24, 2007, 07:17:13 PM

All of a sudden my ping to the server is abysmal. I was at ~300 ping earlier. Of course that didn't stop me from being in the top 3, but it was horrible to see the ping so high. It evened off to ~150 just before I left. I might have to look into my router settings.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #43 on: September 24, 2007, 10:09:35 PM

I still manage to snipe the everloving shit out of people, even with a 80+ ping.

Yeah, sniping people jumping down from the battlements in 2fort? Still Awesome, especially when they're disguised spies.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #44 on: September 24, 2007, 10:30:14 PM

Don't be afraid to join the f13 server if it's empty. Twice now I joined it by myself and it takes absolutely no time to get it filled. Just this afternoon, it was just Squirrel and I and within 10 minutes the server was full. Good stuff.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #45 on: September 25, 2007, 06:38:00 AM

Yeah, there were six on last night when I logged in and it was full or close to within the round. At this point I'll log in with only a few people because I'm still learning maps and classes.

I guess I'm going to be one of the HPBs on this one, I was 105-120 all last night. That's like my old 56k modem playing UT. I'm not one to cry 'latency!', but I know at least two or three deaths were directly due to a bit of it. Sucks because I'm on a pretty unused fat cable subnet that's normally very zippy (upstate ny).
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #46 on: September 25, 2007, 10:22:24 AM

I think it entirely has to do with where the server is, Sky. I'm in Southern Ontario and I was hitting high pings, but previously at sub 100 ping.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #47 on: September 25, 2007, 10:25:33 AM

We seriously need reserve slots as soon as some kind of Mani plugin comes out for TF2. Waiting for slots because the server is full of pubbie-tards is bullshit, and sometimes both Ookii and Schild are asleep. :(
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #48 on: September 25, 2007, 10:27:30 AM

Or just make more admins for now?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
schild
Administrator

Reply #49 on: September 25, 2007, 10:29:17 AM

Waiting for slots because the server is full of pubbie-tards is bullshit

Ahem, to be fair, schild and ookii are paying for the server. >_> Though we may put up a link to solve this.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #50 on: September 25, 2007, 10:33:51 AM

Or just make more admins for now?

Hey, I'm not the one stopping this.

Quote from: schild
Ahem, to be fair, schild and ookii are paying for the server. >_> Though we may put up a link to solve this.

What is this link business, I have no idea what this is.  We'll just get pagers and you can hit us up like drug dealers.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 10:36:52 AM by Ookii »

schild
Administrator

Reply #51 on: September 25, 2007, 10:38:08 AM

I meant people can give us money if they have complains. Your innate ability to trust people with admin powers is, in a word, ridiculous.

Given the past most of the people here have had with websites, I'm pretty sure most would agree.

But yes, we need reserved slots which is unfortunately not in the cards atm.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 25, 2007, 10:40:58 AM

I would think anyone here with a Green or light blue name would have earned that, no?

I don't care either way...I just shoot things.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #53 on: September 25, 2007, 10:41:55 AM

Blue or green name aside, link me so I can get on when I want. Canadian dollar is almost 1:1. NAME YOUR PRICE SCHILD! NAME IT!
schild
Administrator

Reply #54 on: September 25, 2007, 10:45:27 AM

I would think anyone here with a Green or light blue name would have earned that, no?

What can I say. I'm a control freak. it keeps shit in check.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #55 on: September 25, 2007, 11:06:42 AM

I meant people can give us money if they have complains.

Lol @ 10 dollars a month for admin privs.

20 dollars get's your name written in the motd.txt.

And for the bottom bargain price of 50 dollars you can change the 'mp_friendlyfire' svar on the fly.  Tired of people shooting all their teamates looking for spies?  Now they'll all kill each other!

schild
Administrator

Reply #56 on: September 25, 2007, 11:08:59 AM

I meant people can give us money if they have complains.

Lol @ 10 dollars a month for admin privs.

20 dollars get's your name written in the motd.txt.

And for the bottom bargain price of 50 dollars you can change the 'mp_friendlyfire' svar on the fly.  Tired of people shooting all their teamates looking for spies?  Now they'll all kill each other!

I was thinking $20 a month will make sure "_balls" doesn't get appended to your name.

/queue joke about paying $20 a month to make sure "_balls" DOES get appended to your name.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #57 on: September 25, 2007, 12:02:47 PM

Yeah, there were six on last night when I logged in and it was full or close to within the round. At this point I'll log in with only a few people because I'm still learning maps and classes.
You can create your own server, go in as the offensive side with a scout and run around by yourself finding everything as you complete the objectives.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #58 on: September 25, 2007, 12:04:48 PM

You can create your own server, go in as the offensive side with a scout and run around by yourself finding everything as you complete the objectives.

And you also can literally create your own server in which to screw around, should be one of the options in the TF2 menu.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #59 on: September 25, 2007, 01:25:28 PM

I like the server, but it is ALWAYS full. And at most I have seen 3 other f13 people in a match with me.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #60 on: September 25, 2007, 01:26:49 PM

I like the server, but it is ALWAYS full. And at most I have seen 3 other f13 people in a match with me.

Most I saw was 16.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: September 25, 2007, 01:28:31 PM

It's usually full when I want to hop on, but I find if I turn on the auto-join thing it usually doesn't take more than a couple minutes to get in. People almost always leave at the end of a round.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: September 25, 2007, 01:35:46 PM

Most I saw was 16.

Euro?

Thing is full everytime i try to connect. Im more of a primetime U.S. kinda playa though.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #63 on: September 25, 2007, 01:37:56 PM

I play in late US prime, and it's almost always full of pubtards, with 2-6 F13 at varying times. My usual wait is around 10 minutes, unless I'm lucky and catch it at the end of the round.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #64 on: September 25, 2007, 01:39:19 PM

Here's the solution (note I don't program):

Someone write a script that checks a database for a value, if it's 1 then it random kicks someone who doesn't have [f13] in front of their name from our server, whereafter it changes the value to 0.

Then we have a magic button that changes the value in the database to 1, it delays this for a minute though so people can turn their autojoin on.

Now that was easy!

Or just wait a month until 3rd party plugins come out.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #65 on: September 25, 2007, 02:36:02 PM

0/24 on server and can't login. Getting a 'can't verify steam id' error msg.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #66 on: September 25, 2007, 02:52:11 PM

Here's the solution (note I don't program):

Someone write a script that checks a database for a value, if it's 1 then it random kicks someone who doesn't have [f13] in front of their name from our server, whereafter it changes the value to 0.

Then we have a magic button that changes the value in the database to 1, it delays this for a minute though so people can turn their autojoin on.

Instead of whitelisting anyone with [f13], it'd be nearly as trivial to scrape the f13 steam community page and use that as the whitelist. 

Community is invite-only, so you can't spoof that as easily as you can change your handle.

- Q
schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: September 25, 2007, 02:59:10 PM

Also added to the first post.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #68 on: September 25, 2007, 03:00:18 PM

Working on it, although the Steam ID problem is client based too, so if nobody is on the server first try and selecting 'change user' in steam, and relogging back in.  We were troubleshooting this serverside for a bit, and it turned out it was client side for our tester.

Quote from: Quinton
Instead of whitelisting anyone with [f13], it'd be nearly as trivial to scrape the f13 steam community page and use that as the whitelist.  

Community is invite-only, so you can't spoof that as easily as you can change your handle.

And we have a winner, I expect the program by tomorrow.  Also make sure it works with the console in a detached screen.

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #69 on: September 25, 2007, 03:03:58 PM

Try again.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: TF2 Dedicated Server  
Jump to: